Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106878 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #615 on: January 28, 2017, 10:19:47 am »

...Where is the drone again? :-[

Should still be floating in the bay, watching our captains epic duel.

We're quite some distance away from the hangar, alas. The drone is happily floating in the hangar with the shuttles.

We should be filming this! It's not like we're going to get any money from the star of whatever.
Better. Kesari is taking the liberty of archiving while recording everything. She is going to make a movie out of everyone here for our own personal fun.

That and I'm totally going with plan BLUFFY THE VIOLENCE SLAYER. And synthesized voices, otherwise known as 'get to interfering with Mickaw's comms; intercept his transmissions with a few seconds worth' delay--replace words using his captured voice--relay said signal towards shuttle with a "better" message'.

Also ordering Boris to boop Mickaw into unconsciousness...

Absolutely. I hope the corridor has security cams.
Alternatively, I'm BLUFFING including faking information :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 28, 2017, 10:24:37 am »

At least Sadish will get on the blooper reel.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 28, 2017, 10:42:26 am »

At least Sadish will get on the blooper reel.
Nah, you're actually the protagonist :P
However we have no idea on what I can see...which is why I'm taking so long to post because of that. But I think Draig cleared it mostly up in PMs.

Edoot:
* Tiruin shivers in tension at her poor wordplay and opportunity of controlling the situation with so many uncounted variables. She glances at the scheming Draignean and rocks in place.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:18:00 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 28, 2017, 01:59:30 pm »

When everything goes to hell, what are my odds (that is, what does Khate think her odds are) of rushing in solo, grabbing the hostages, and rushing out again with live hostages and acceptable suit damage?

EDIT: Tagget will probably want to join the fun.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:06:39 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 28, 2017, 05:29:31 pm »

Er.

It's a noble plan, but is it worth the risk?

Draignean: assuming Khate does this... Could Aubrey help by
1/ killing the lights (who would have darkvision I.e. Would it help or hinder us?)
2/ opening and locking doors as we go to help our escape and hinder any pursuit
3/ keep hacking the cameras to recce our route
4/ most helpfully - could she mindhack quick enough to reduce the effectiveness of any weapons aimed at Khate?

Aubrey would think the two extra hostages are not worth our lives, but will go all out to help Khate.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 28, 2017, 06:09:17 pm »

Er.

Objectively? No. We shouldn't even be here, we should have bolted for the Sled the instant we realized Vera's Master was on board.

The problem (for Khate) is that the alternative is turning to Tagget and Ty, explaining that we have to leave the hostages to 100% guaranteed death because rescuing them would be dangerous and we don't really do dangerous stuff, and casually shuffling off the station like an off-duty maintenance crew. This isn't very Khatelike behavior at the best of times, let alone when we've got a hardened veteran Khate and bright-eyed Khateling tagging along.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 28, 2017, 07:20:37 pm »

Er.

Objectively? No. We shouldn't even be here, we should have bolted for the Sled the instant we realized Vera's Master was on board.

The problem (for Khate) is that the alternative is turning to Tagget and Ty, explaining that we have to leave the hostages to 100% guaranteed death because rescuing them would be dangerous and we don't really do dangerous stuff, and casually shuffling off the station like an off-duty maintenance crew. This isn't very Khatelike behavior at the best of times, let alone when we've got a hardened veteran Khate and bright-eyed Khateling tagging along.
It's at time-lapses like these where I wish there was an option for 'fire support' in the form of Reunion-bore particles :P ...as I keep forgetting that we're essentially a 'player's custom ship' instead of a pre-made ship, which includes a (-/+) trait of Mysterious to get all these perks, rather than 'Cruise Liner' which is firmly in my mind. because of the popcorn and fine dining
But...I'm not sure I have that information at that moment :<
Draig: Do I know where generally the away team is (like for example, have a specific idea like how aircraft can spot people from above with specific ways of...viewing and targeting?)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:13:04 pm by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 29, 2017, 11:19:12 am »

Oh no, IO, I totally agree we should try it, but I also regret it already... Once Draignean answers I will post a supporting action :)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2017, 12:12:47 pm »

Er.

Draignean: assuming Khate does this... Could Aubrey help by
1/ killing the lights (who would have darkvision I.e. Would it help or hinder us?)
4/ most helpfully - could she mindhack quick enough to reduce the effectiveness of any weapons aimed at Khate?

Aubrey would think the two extra hostages are not worth our lives, but will go all out to help Khate.

1: Easy action. Khate will have dark vision, most of the mechs will have dark vision, maybe 1-3 soldiers will be able to get something (flashlight, goggles, etc) up in time.

2.  Also easy, you already gave yourself local door control.

3. That's just maintaining what she's already doing.

4. Somewhat difficult. Some weapons may not have major electrical components, and for those that do they may be shielded. This goes into the realm of difficult, but possible, and likely something you want to focus on a small group. (The big mech, the guys upstairs, the group behind the counter, etc)

When everything goes to hell, what are my odds (that is, what does Khate think her odds are) of rushing in solo, grabbing the hostages, and rushing out again with live hostages and acceptable suit damage?

EDIT: Tagget will probably want to join the fun.

My I-Ching calculator wristwatch says... A suffusion of yellow.

Huh. Well, from a fairer perspective... If everyone starts shooting at you, you're going to take damage. The mech, however, was designed defensively in your bio. This is very likely to mean it can take some hits. You're very likely to take superficial damage that you'll need to buff out later if you charge in, and moderately likely to take a decent hit that damages the suit slightly.

However, just going int, grabbing people, and dashing out isn't likely to get you too terribly hurt. The problem comes in the following rounds with the semi-inevitable pursuit.

Er.

It's at time-lapses like these where I wish there was an option for 'fire support' in the form of Reunion-bore particles :P ...as I keep forgetting that we're essentially a 'player's custom ship' instead of a pre-made ship, which includes a (-/+) trait of Mysterious to get all these perks, rather than 'Cruise Liner' which is firmly in my mind. because of the popcorn and fine dining
But...I'm not sure I have that information at that moment :<
Draig: Do I know where generally the away team is (like for example, have a specific idea like how aircraft can spot people from above with specific ways of...viewing and targeting?)

Yes. Signal tracking lets you be fairly precise about it, as a matter of fact.

Also, in point of fact, Boris' mystery trait was the tribal society that also happens to be in there with you, along with Aimasc. At least, that was part one.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #624 on: January 29, 2017, 12:49:10 pm »

Mystery trait?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 29, 2017, 01:17:42 pm »

Could I mindhack Khate's mech to boost it's defensiveness? Such as boosting shields or overcharging the point defense's speed of movement or rate of fire?

I think the best I can do then is cut the lights if asking politely fails, try to weaken the attack of a target chosen by Khate, and them open/shut doors on way out. I will try to post IC later this evening.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 29, 2017, 04:28:49 pm »

Could I mindhack Khate's mech to boost it's defensiveness? Such as boosting shields or overcharging the point defense's speed of movement or rate of fire?

I think the best I can do then is cut the lights if asking politely fails, try to weaken the attack of a target chosen by Khate, and them open/shut doors on way out. I will try to post IC later this evening.

Not really.

Well, now that I say that...

There should be a certain point where, by disabling the safety controls on Khate's mech, you should be able to increase its efficacy. Basically you're doing the exact same thing you'd do to burn out an enemy's mech, but you're keeping it right on the redline instead of pushing it over. Make sense?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 29, 2017, 05:11:05 pm »

Do note that messing with the mercies or environment in general will give Varkonius an advantage. I'm not sure if that's good, bad, neutral, or what.

However, just going int, grabbing people, and dashing out isn't likely to get you too terribly hurt. The problem comes in the following rounds with the semi-inevitable pursuit.
Not if they're busy catching/killing Varkonius!

Mystery trait?
...entry for the ship design process, maybe?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 29, 2017, 05:50:48 pm »

It probably would give Varkonius an advantage, yes. But if it all goes black at the instant Khate goes in, that might at least give you half a second's advantage too? But perhaps not to Tagget.

And then perhaps the best anti-weapons thing Aubrey could do would be to scan who is actually attacking Khate, and countermeasure them.

Or overclock Khate's point defence so she can get in and out, and then have us all ready to flee heroically.

edit: Also, perhaps there is one of those nice missiles we could set off as we flee!

Anyway IO, I've IC asked Khate what she would prefer...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:54:24 pm by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 29, 2017, 06:28:50 pm »

edit: Also, perhaps there is one of those nice missiles we could set off as we flee!
[joyful noises intensify]

Anyway IO, I've IC asked Khate what she would prefer...
Ah, yes. Response added!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 71