Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106911 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2017, 09:14:00 am »

So. Right. Shuttles ready to be detonated. Ideally, Kesari could run comms interference and stop the detonation signal to the bomb. Or mimic Mickaw's voice somehow and stall the neo waiting at the bomb while Boris sprints over through the most direct route, which would take... how long, approximately, Draignean?

Approximately *Dice roll* A minute and half. It's a big a ship. (EDIT: But much less big when you can read numbers properly)

EDIT: Is the drone still in the hangar? That would make an ideal tool to deal with the guard, either with boomboom or talkytalk.

No one moved it, so I imagine it's still hovering pinkly in the background.

Hmm. 'Lightbringer is safe' was something I heard on my comms, right? Our ghosts/Aimasc talking about Sadish, probably? She does bring light into our lives.

Yes, on comms.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:18:27 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2017, 09:16:23 am »

Oh that's true - just blowing up the shuttles would stop them from exploding.

This is the worst option, but it's, like, an option, okay? But, err, I meant 'drone boomboom with the guard far enough that the explosion won't trigger the shuttles'. If that's what your comment was on.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2017, 09:19:15 am »

Oh that's true - just blowing up the shuttles would stop them from exploding.

This is the worst option, but it's, like, an option, okay? But, err, I meant 'drone boomboom with the guard far enough that the explosion won't trigger the shuttles'. If that's what your comment was on.

Stopping explosions with more explosions is clearly the best option.

Anyway, I made a mistake calculating scale, it's a minute and a half by best route, not three.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2017, 05:35:18 pm »

Hm, I've been kinda busy and things seem to have moved a bit without me. I'm not really sure what to do since it'd be mostly "Scarlet keeps walking forward and doing her best not to freak everyone out by running through all of the ways they could horribly die out loud"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2017, 05:39:44 pm »

Hm, I've been kinda busy and things seem to have moved a bit without me. I'm not really sure what to do since it'd be mostly "Scarlet keeps walking forward and doing her best not to freak everyone out by running through all of the ways they could horribly die out loud"

Things moved forward a bit since your last action only because I realized "Oh, shit, I just put people in the middle of a random corridor where the only conceivable action is to repeat the last action!" and thus fixed it by putting people in a place where they could make actual decisions.

Nothing against you, it's just I didn't leave off writing in the best spot.
---

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #590 on: January 26, 2017, 05:49:50 pm »

Oh, it's cool. I've been busy with life and running my own game on another site, so I'm not upset or anything, just wondering when/if I should do anything.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 26, 2017, 05:58:30 pm »

Crikey. It doesn't stop getting messier. Goodness me.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 26, 2017, 06:56:31 pm »

Oh, it's cool. I've been busy with life and running my own game on another site, so I'm not upset or anything, just wondering when/if I should do anything.

Well, you'll probably want to have input after Aubrey relays what she's seen/heard and Khate volunteers her suicidal plan of attack.
---

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 27, 2017, 02:13:59 am »

Right, so. Can we go round, or do we have to go through the hostel?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 27, 2017, 06:03:31 am »

Maaaaan .-. I feel so useless in the latest update so -*PM*

That said, shocking realization hits me OOC/IC, because there was a ship I scanned earlier with 'heavily modified reactors' too. The Buyer's ship.

Hmm. 'Lightbringer is safe' was something I heard on my comms, right? Our ghosts/Aimasc talking about Sadish, probably? She does bring light into our lives.

Aaaah. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Is the drone still in the hangar? That would make an ideal tool to deal with the guard, either with boomboom or talkytalk.
Well that wasn't obvious to Ms. C&C whatsoever :I (Srsly, I had no idea whose voice was that other than 'probably interpret it as an outgoing transmission off-ship as something we're catching, or something on the station getting caught in the comm feed').
BUT WOW THAT'S COOLER THAN HOW I ORIGINALLY IMAGINED IT.

Cue this ol' giant dog going o_O all the way along with clarifying stoof with Draig over PMs.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:05:39 am by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:33 am »

Well, I mean, Boris doesn't get it either IC and I might be entirely wrong anyway.

I now hope Sadish ends up saving our asses with the drone from her sickbed, if she gets access to it. It's either that, or Kesari does. Let's pray the dude there is not an ultimate fanatic. You might even get the coordinates or whatever you need from him for the bore plan, if you're real convincing. Our away team appears to be launching some kind of suicidal-yet-potentially-worthwhile thing anyway, so maybe it won't even be relevant a few minutes from now, but oh well!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 27, 2017, 07:45:16 am »

Ooh, nice speech DH.

Er, I was hoping we would launch anything, and would go round it instead... but I guess we have to discuss that with IO and KM.

Edit - have updated post to tell Scarlet/Khate more useful information.

Edit 2 - I've scrolled back but can't find the directions. Do we have go through the hostel? can we go round to escape?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:54:47 am by lawastooshort »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 27, 2017, 08:12:14 am »

Ooh, nice speech DH.

Er, I was hoping we would launch anything, and would go round it instead... but I guess we have to discuss that with IO and KM.

Edit - have updated post to tell Scarlet/Khate more useful information.

Edit 2 - I've scrolled back but can't find the directions. Do we have go through the hostel? can we go round to escape?

Oh, you can go round. Ty's directions were how to go to the hostel in order to rescue the remaining two hostages, a la Khate's master plan.
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 27, 2017, 08:15:12 am »

Also I noticed this quote from early in the thread

I'll have ended up adopting a space goat by the end of the job, mark my words.

so away team please kidnap Varkonius' goat before leaving. We need some kind of trophy from this mission.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 27, 2017, 08:57:42 am »

Oh, you can go round. Ty's directions were how to go to the hostel in order to rescue the remaining two hostages, a la Khate's master plan.

Oh yes. I forgot that bit. Damn.

Damn.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71