Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106914 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #570 on: January 19, 2017, 08:25:18 pm »

Well I didn't manage to convince him of anything. At all. Tho I suppose we got a warning the station will probably try to fire on our shuttle as it leaves.
Psst. You should ask about the specifics of what's going to happen if we stay. Currently Mickaw's impossible to deal with because he thinks the alternative to not getting exactly what he wants is a horrifying death. If you could get more details on what order he thinks everything you know and love will be turned into a viscous goo, you might be able to convince him of some particular chance of survival even if you don't leave immediately.

More importantly, we'd know what to look out for.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 19, 2017, 09:25:17 pm »

This thread explodes when I'm offline x_x The beauty of timezones is very nice to see.

And the beauty of working with a recently traumatized person is also...well.
Something I've been working with .-.

As an aside, I'm glad to establish a 'radio voice' by font face differences. :P I do know that Draig is very open to creativity that way though, but I'm stuck in DwarminTM 'useless feelings' x_x because of uncertainty to time and exacts.

But it's more that I'm working with what he's already convinced himself with--he needs tangible proof to see this, and we'll be getting results out of him. :P
That Mickaw is a great feckin' gobshite. Unfortunately he's not a very stupid one, it seems.
[...]

There are times in games when you wish you were just playing a a great big fecker, and could go and punch the
You didn't finish your post :P
but yeah--he's stupid in the sense that what he's seen has gone against his reasoning that overwhelmed him and he's sticking to his sense of self-preservation as a last resort; there's reasoning in him but he is currently in an altered state of consciousness moodiness. :P

So yeaaaaah. Jaded jerky person is our workaround. How's about planning we BORE BACK THE SHUTTLE and then work with station-bound folks to bore our sled back. Because we need those [SPECIFICS] to get from the Reunion, but for that we need to know the [SPECIFICS] of this [ALLIANCE]. :I Basically I'm working on the premise that we've got stuff they want, because OH MY GOODNESS did us chasing a useless piece of foil give us this kind of drama. [/MassEffect1DarkMatter]
Not that I'm against any of it, Draig :P I love this.
Although I am somewhat concerned of the cat-merc and the dog/human rainbow-splattered mercs too :<
*hugs Tiruin*
* Tiruin grabs the big fishie and runs him as one of those secret waitlisters :I (also reciprocated hugs!)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:34:03 pm by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2017, 09:27:35 pm »

*hugs Tiruin*
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:29:07 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 20, 2017, 04:21:42 am »

Er... oh yes. The joys of posting after strong painkillers?

Now I have to go and check if the work email I was writing didn't include the words "punch the great feckin' gobshite in the face".

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 20, 2017, 09:57:12 am »

Now I have to go and check if the work email I was writing didn't include the words "punch the great feckin' gobshite in the face".

It'll turn out they like your attitude and give you a promotion.

Er, I will probably not have time to post in the next few days. I seem to have an essay deadline a week earlier than I thought, that is, in two days. Do not be like me, kids.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 20, 2017, 11:05:57 am »

It'll turn out they like your attitude and give you a promotion.

Er, I will probably not have time to post in the next few days. I seem to have an essay deadline a week earlier than I thought, that is, in two days. Do not be like me, kids.

How long is the essay? If it's less than ten pages then my reaction would be "Pbbthf, I've still got two days".

Also, don't be like me.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 20, 2017, 10:24:50 pm »

Some IC people on this OOC: "Don't be like me."
:I
Guuuuys, what other stuffs make you awesome--tell those too alongside the hold-ups! These happen; y'all learn from it, everyone is like you at least once in their lives. We leaaaaarn from these.

...And that I really want to just hug Mickaw because it's obvious he's coping by being a 'my realisms' jerk but he's seen stuff.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2017, 05:17:23 pm »

How's the essays going, dudes?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 23, 2017, 05:30:32 pm »

Sorry, I got sidetracked writing for the IRL campaign + work.  :-\
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 24, 2017, 06:29:20 pm »

Some IC people on this OOC: "Don't be like me."
:I
Guuuuys, what other stuffs make you awesome--tell those too alongside the hold-ups! These happen; y'all learn from it, everyone is like you at least once in their lives. We leaaaaarn from these.

I don't think either of us was very serious with that line, Tir. Though now that you mention it, I refuse to learn anything from this or do anything about it. I finished it in time and it was a perfectly good shitty essay.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2017, 10:07:55 pm »

Well. Now we know the Reunion is literally haunted by the damned souls of those who perished in its halls, and not just basically haunted by ghosts and/or Boris like we and anyone else who set foot on this thing insisted.

EDIT: We cannot be healthy gods for tribal worship. Though I guess when the world is the cobbled-together corpses of Decadence and War, your gods might be a little on the loopy side.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:47:06 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 26, 2017, 08:03:57 am »

Back on the station... I think we just need to keep going, as fast but safely as possible?

Back on the ship... can Kesari at all sort of vent those shuttles back out to space or something? Possibly towards the extremely bad ship?

If I am correct, the surviving threats on the ship are Mickaw and the two shuttles? We have what, 2 minutes at most to deal with it all before the crew detonate themselves?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 26, 2017, 08:13:54 am »

Well. Now we know the Reunion is literally haunted by the damned souls of those who perished in its halls, and not just basically haunted by ghosts and/or Boris like we and anyone else who set foot on this thing insisted.

EDIT: We cannot be healthy gods for tribal worship. Though I guess when the world is the cobbled-together corpses of Decadence and War, your gods might be a little on the loopy side.
;~;
And here Kesari is, being all respectfully friendly to the ship and stuff D: They don't mind her at all!

Well :I Time to save Sadish and do stuff!

Back on the station... I think we just need to keep going, as fast but safely as possible?

Back on the ship... can Kesari at all sort of vent those shuttles back out to space or something? Possibly towards the extremely bad ship?

If I am correct, the surviving threats on the ship are Mickaw and the two shuttles? We have what, 2 minutes at most to deal with it all before the crew detonate themselves?
W-whaa, I've to still read the IC updoot .-.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 26, 2017, 08:59:48 am »

Everything went better than expected! Which, er, doesn't mean the situation is actually good, but such is life. And the ship's mysteries are revealing themselves! I did not quite expect tribal mutant crewmen, but Boris will probably go 'oh, typical'. Aimasc is something new, but Boris welcomes her help nevertheless.

So. Right. Shuttles ready to be detonated. Ideally, Kesari could run comms interference and stop the detonation signal to the bomb. Or mimic Mickaw's voice somehow and stall the neo waiting at the bomb while Boris sprints over through the most direct route, which would take... how long, approximately, Draignean?

Or Sadish gets our new buddies' help to deal with the bomb. I just don't want the poor things to get killed if the bomb does detonate. Plus, the dude there might not be a fanatic, so could maybe be negotiated with.

I also need to deal with Mickaw first somehow, though I'd be okay with just running and locking him in behind me if I can't beat him. He might prove too canny for that though.

Hmm. 'Lightbringer is safe' was something I heard on my comms, right? Our ghosts/Aimasc talking about Sadish, probably? She does bring light into our lives.

Aaaah. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Is the drone still in the hangar? That would make an ideal tool to deal with the guard, either with boomboom or talkytalk.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:05:33 am by Digital Hellhound »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 26, 2017, 09:13:14 am »

Oh that's true - just blowing up the shuttles would stop them from exploding.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71