Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106965 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #555 on: January 19, 2017, 01:45:48 pm »

Er. I don't 100% understand the plan there. Transmit the coordinates between here and there? What's 'there'? Some place on the station so we can get the team back? The ship Mickaw came from? Why would he be in contact with his captain, aren't these guys deserters?

I probably need to reread the recent away team turns.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 19, 2017, 01:48:54 pm »

Er. I don't 100% understand the plan there. Transmit the coordinates between here and there? What's 'there'? Some place on the station so we can get the team back? The ship Mickaw came from? Why would he be in contact with his captain, aren't these guys deserters?

Me neither. :P I guess he wants to lure Mickaw onto the bridge, but the rest of the crew has no reason to follow along and get ceiling ambushed by the mechano-spider-king.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 19, 2017, 01:50:19 pm »

I believe (you might want to get verification from her) that her plan is this:

Get Mickaw to contact someone from his old crew, relying a lot on goodwill here, and get them to open up a bore at a predetermined time that leads from the Flounder region to the Reunion region. Using luck and magic, the away team will be back on the sled and through this Bore in order to expedite the shuttle ride between the Flounder and the Reunion.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 19, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »

Get Mickaw to contact someone from his old crew, relying a lot on goodwill here, and get them to open up a bore at a predetermined time that leads from the Flounder region to the Reunion region. Using luck and magic, the away team will be back on the sled and through this Bore in order to expedite the shuttle ride between the Flounder and the Reunion.

Huh, I was thinking we were talking about the other, crazier plan.

This plan makes alot of sense! The faster we get our team, the faster we can all leave. Assuming it's even possible.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 19, 2017, 01:55:00 pm »

Me neither. :P I guess he wants to lure Mickaw onto the bridge, but the rest of the crew has no reason to follow along and get ceiling ambushed by the mechano-spider-king.

I want to lure Mickaw and you away from the bomb's area of effect. If he wants to come without back-up, that's fine. Once you're out of harm's way, they might as well detonate the bomb. I mean, preferably not, but the Reunion can probably take it. Ideally we'd find a way to stop that, though. Probably by jamming them, so they can't send the signal to detonate it, and then taking them out... somehow...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 19, 2017, 01:56:54 pm »

Huh, I was thinking we were talking about the other, crazier plan.

This plan makes alot of sense! The faster we get our team, the faster we can all leave. Assuming it's even possible.

Yes, well, I was working under the assumption that he wasn't confused by the specifics of his own insane plan.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 19, 2017, 02:03:32 pm »

I dunno, I don't think we can actually defeat six well armed Mercs with our current crew. Especially not in hand-to-hand combat.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 19, 2017, 02:09:32 pm »

We can't, without a crazy plan or a lot of luck?

Anyway, I'm excited about the next turns. And concerned.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 19, 2017, 02:16:44 pm »

I wonder if we couldn't convince Mickaw to help us with the bore-thing? I dunno how workable that is, but it seems better than fighting.

Technically we don't need even that, just have to convince him to wait until we get the rest of the crew back. Maybe we should put all our desperate plans on the back burner?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 19, 2017, 02:18:22 pm »

I sort of wish I'd just overhauled 3.5's system (or something similar), so you guys could have a little perspective on your abilities.

Anyway. I'm writing the parts of the update that don't depend on Tir's plan. If I get done before DH says something, I'll just play it as him completely disregarding any opening to talk to the dipshits threatening his ship.
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 19, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »

I wonder if we couldn't convince Mickaw to help us with the bore-thing? I dunno how workable that is, but it seems better than fighting.

Technically we don't need even that, just have to convince him to wait until we get the rest of the crew back. Maybe we should put all our desperate plans on the back burner?

You're welcome to try? If you have an idea of how to convince him, go for it. If you succeed, Boris can call off the ambush and we'll all live happily ever, except Mickaw, who I'll just murder at a better time.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:16 pm »

I failed my diplomacy check again! Or whatever!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 19, 2017, 04:19:55 pm »

What makes you say that?
---

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 19, 2017, 04:26:52 pm »

Well I didn't manage to convince him of anything. At all. Tho I suppose we got a warning the station will probably try to fire on our shuttle as it leaves.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 19, 2017, 05:05:50 pm »

That Mickaw is a great feckin' gobshite. Unfortunately he's not a very stupid one, it seems.

But yes, that is a useful warning. We need to interdict the even bigger gobshite's murderous unstoppable weapon somehow. Although of course there are probably other weapons too.

Draignean: would it be feasible at all for Aubrey to remotely pilot the Bird to the station? Entirely undetectably? Then, would it be conceivable to remotely pilot it back, detectably, seconds before the Sled departs, so that the murderous unstoppable beam of death is all taken up murdering Aubrey's poor beloved steed, and not all of us in the Sled?

Then we just have to hope that Kesari can advertise hard enough to stop the enemy stopping us escaping in a bore?

And that we can escape the station in time to get back to the ship alive, and with the crew still alive?

There are times in games when you wish you were just playing a a great big fecker, and could go and punch the
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71