Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106988 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #495 on: December 23, 2016, 02:43:05 pm »

I volunteer NOT to do dwarmin's turn in his absence :)

Happy holidays indeed to all. That was marvellous, Draignean.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 24, 2016, 01:15:52 am »

I volunteer to totally wait upon it and instead do any RP reasonable within that timeframe :P
Because we need all the folks we have at the moment [and I worry that the Reunion is mostly a CARRIER ship rather than a mini-cruiser warship :P].

Also calling it now that one of the shuttles has a waitlister character in them! ;D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 24, 2016, 09:33:38 am »

Sorry for the delayed action. I knew what had to be done, but it took a bit to get a satisfactory speech out.

Come now, it's easy! Just have Sadish worship your graven image go on a tangent about the tangent about the tangent of the thing. For instance:

"We're about to be vaporized. Did you know the Co-Alman Coalition used vaporization as both an execution and burial method? Much like the tribeshounds of Alkir IV prior to the Ventiri Crusades, they saw a certain duality of freedom and absence in the removal of a physical form, and thus used it both in an honoring and dishonoring context interchangably, much like most dialects use tone to assign wildly differing, even diametrically opposed meanings to the same word.

In conclusion, yes it will be excruciating."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 24, 2016, 01:15:56 pm »

Alright, so, clarification of choice time.

1. Scarlet and Aubrey, at the moment, seem to want to just get Tagget and leave, abandoning the remaining two hostages.

2. Khate, meanwhile, is naturally utterly gung-ho about rescuing the extra hostages from certain doom.

So, will you guys head back to the sled post-haste, or will you linger behind to make sure no civilian is left behind?

(btw, loved the turn io)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 24, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »

I don't mind the risk of fighting the other mercies to rescue the other two, it's the whole being on board an exploding space station stalked by a rainbow biomurderbastard I do mind.

IC, yes, Aubrey is happy to leave. She trusts Kesari. Persuade me otherwise, khrazy Khate!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #500 on: December 24, 2016, 04:25:53 pm »

personally I wouldn't mind trying to grab the extra hostages, but IC Scarlet is also decidedly not a fan of the idea of running into anyone shooting at her if she can avoid it (though shooting them back might relieve some stress)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 25, 2016, 12:25:20 pm »

Merry Christmas everybody. I'm likely going to be travelling to see in-laws over the next couple of weeks, so I'll probably be out of touch. I might be able to write a little, but, well, things to do, babies to kiss, impressions to make.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 25, 2016, 01:27:17 pm »

Good luck Draignean :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 25, 2016, 09:14:22 pm »

Have fun, and bring us back a tasty baby!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 14, 2017, 10:41:02 pm »

Updoot?

Updoot.
---

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #505 on: January 14, 2017, 11:21:38 pm »

Hoo boy.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 15, 2017, 12:55:55 am »

Hoo boy.
Updoot! :D
Happy New Year! I'll be off to read it now!

Edit: OK, TIME TO PANIC OVER SADISH (Dwar's on vacation right now as I recall). And I had thought that our hangers are closed or control-locked. x.x

Can we vent that hangar? And do we have blastdoors :I

Best case scenario is to charm them over :^

Also when we get out of this, I am SO going over this scanner system :I It said there was no harm! It's brokeeeeen!

That, or this is a stupid joke time. :V
I assume I can hear everything being said there with the hidden intercoms? :-X

Although a brilliant thing is for Sadish to roll for intelligence check against 'srsly bomb' or other ideas given the current situation. Like doing something unexpected--a bit of laughter, a sideline nudge, and some dialogue to quip it up. (I was thinking 'you've lost your sense of humor' or something)
Dialogue has never sparked drastic measures unless the choice of words wasn't...tactful. You can humor them :3

...Like sending that shuttle off to the station with the bomb to hit Varkonius' ship.

But seriously: WE've no idea what it is other than his claim. He's protecting it with MOUNTED guns. :v
We can just counter-tech-fib with our shields on board or regulated-whatevers. As noted in intelligence roll.

Here's an IC snippet--Kesari can pretty much bluff her way into things here. I can just state that there's some time needed to charge up the bore drive (that does happen, RIGHT?! Where's my glossary on things-in-universe-to-panic-over D:) and then casually ask 'hey how are our new guests? :D'
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:48:55 am by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 15, 2017, 02:39:31 pm »

Diplomacy time is probably the best option, yes, if venting the hangar fails. Venting is a good option, assuming Sadish can be saved somehow.

Maybe we can lure them away from the bomb, then blow up the comms drone taking them with it, but hopefully not detonating the bomb? Kesari should try to scan to see if it's a real bomb first of all.

If diplomacy works, we'll obviously brutally murder them afterwards. Nobody threatens Boris' ship and gets away with it.

Maybe our weird ghostly presence will help. Gotta start pulling their weight around here.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 15, 2017, 11:05:38 pm »

Diplomacy time is probably the best option, yes, if venting the hangar fails. Venting is a good option, assuming Sadish can be saved somehow.

There's always a way :P
I mean, this is just the beginning--we're just discovering how gritty this context is!

...But nobody has tried humoring them yet though. Draig: Do you roll for most/all things?

Also I seriously did think the hangar was closed and requires authentication to open. :I

Maybe our weird ghostly presence will help. Gotta start pulling their weight around here.
Rainbows to strike our hangar? I was partly serious about the radiation as it seems to be in places where we didn't clear out yet. :P

But HMPH. What would Khate or other reasonable folk do in times where the other dudes have all the time to talk and are threateningly grumpy...

Maybe we can lure them away from the bomb, then blow up the comms drone taking them with it, but hopefully not detonating the bomb? Kesari should try to scan to see if it's a real bomb first of all.
I really want to believe that the scanners rolled multiple 1's when I tried scanning the whole thing, as prior scans didn't even note the projectile weaponry. I: *more grumpy noises*
So yeah, maybe they're bluffing AND just testing us out--that is the Star, just in their bigger rectangular luggagebox. I mean why would they have mounted MGs at the door? :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 16, 2017, 02:41:15 am »

You know, it just occurred to me that our ship is uniquely well suited to facing the Nosoi. Not that I'd ever recommend it, but recall that we have 0 armor and tons of shielding, so assuming that string thing is an energy weapon we should be... "fine," relative to the baseline condition of dying instantly with no save.

Also Khate is totally preening under her armor. "Khate this isn't a TV show," "Khate you can't just conscript nearby children into soldiers," "Khate literally nobody is excited to go kill people with you," I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF OUR GUEST STARS ENTERING STAGE RIGHT.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 71