Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 107013 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #480 on: December 14, 2016, 04:29:24 pm »

Hmm, I'm reasonably certain I signed up more players than Lawas, Dwarmin, and Tir. From my current stock of actions, however, it appears that I was mistaken.

I'll start working on things, what little I can, but I would give you this advice: It is better to act than to be acted upon.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 14, 2016, 05:40:11 pm »

Holy crappants! Well, let me post an action then, although I can't till tomorrow as I'm off to bed, but it'll basically be to start on the Noroi's defences I think, unless anyone stops Aubrey first.

She don't want to be acted upon!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #482 on: December 14, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »

It's finals season, I'm sorry >.> I'm a little swamped right now and this game is easily the hardest one for me to post for
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 16, 2016, 10:59:41 pm »

I thought I had more time. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 19, 2016, 07:09:25 am »

It feels like we are too attached to our characters and the story to make hard decisions.

On the balance of things with Kesari's latest message, we should probably get back to the ship to defend our home. But if we rescue hostages on the way that might give us some intergalactic brownie points.

Varkonius' ship is very possibly beyond us, and both Aubrey and Scarlet would (be aware of this and) probably back down at this point.

It just feels like we are backing down out of the story's main task, and also that we are letting the GM down by not going into his horrific-puzzle murder-boat.

So - away team - let's try and find the hostages as first suggested, be good heroes, and get out of here. And then feel like failures.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 19, 2016, 07:21:41 am »

And then blow up Varkonius' ship? We can convince the other ships to join in, too! In fact we'd probably need to.

...or we'll threaten to blow him up if he doesn't hand over the goods (and then blow him up anyway?).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 19, 2016, 10:11:08 am »

It feels like we are too attached to our characters and the story to make hard decisions.

On the balance of things with Kesari's latest message, we should probably get back to the ship to defend our home. But if we rescue hostages on the way that might give us some intergalactic brownie points.
I think we rolled a secret "1" on our first mission and then got a 5 on the 'optional quest' :P So let's take it as a learning lesson and y'all go rescue some hostages \o/

...Also pleaaaaase leave Varky a nice message :3
Also as all things--there's a continuum, we can't let the GM down as this isn't a 'one shot thing'. Seeing the nebulous state of affairs, it's far deeper than 'get pay, shoot, money \o/', and who knows--if you dudes save some hostages, we'll earn our rep another way around, and that'll help waitlisters too! :D

We have popcorn on ship with the latest movies if you'll all feel bad later, anyway. o-o And this was a nice bonding mission--it's less of character attachment and more 'first try, let's do this!' enthusiasm.

And then blow up Varkonius' ship? We can convince the other ships to join in, too! In fact we'd probably need to.

...or we'll threaten to blow him up if he doesn't hand over the goods (and then blow him up anyway?).
You'll have to suggest a message like that though :P While Kes can do scanners very well (as it seems), she's not good with working on the spot with words and 'really big things' that involve political nature or otherwise.

Like using people around to make a false flag distress message that otherwise makes perfect sense from all perspectives but Varkonius' and his agenda.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 19, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »

...Also pleaaaaase leave Varky a nice message :3
I can't think of one. :x

I wonder if the sexbot is programmed to relay messages or if we'd need to laser it into the ground or something.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 20, 2016, 03:57:27 am »

How about this cryptic ancient traditional form:

There was a young crow from Peru,
Whose limericks always ended on line two.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 22, 2016, 01:27:54 pm »

Y'know, I read the update, like right now and so, and like, I nodded to myself as I passed the first several paragraphs and segments. And then like, I read the rest, and then my thoughts ran a bit too fast, and like, I'm now sitting down and staring at the ending, leaning fully back on my chair that has no supports, and aghast at what I'm seeing.

And I swear that was pretty cool.

My situational lapse of grammar and semantics that I will never try again aside, this update is very nice. I shall now spend the next day wondering what to do because of my goodness shall this be awesome.

DRAIG: Can I/Kari issue a message to the away team with quick detail results about the Star? Is it through a safe channel?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 22, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »

IS ANYTHING SAFE?

Ahem.

There's always a chance that someone can intercept, that's the problem with sending signals, but we can safely assume your intra-team communication is encrypted. You can assume that anything you say probably will not be decrypted for at least a day, if it is even intercepted.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #491 on: December 22, 2016, 08:26:43 pm »

meanwhile scarlet is still attempting to be a good person despite everything going decidedly pear-shaped
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 22, 2016, 09:39:21 pm »

"The penalty... IS RAINBOWS!"
I thought this applied exclusively to rival mercies. I was mistaken.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 23, 2016, 02:55:26 am »

IS ANYTHING SAFE?

Ahem.

There's always a chance that someone can intercept, that's the problem with sending signals, but we can safely assume your intra-team communication is encrypted. You can assume that anything you say probably will not be decrypted for at least a day, if it is even intercepted.
Perfect! :D
Now I had forgotten to assess the Reunion's position relative to pretty much everything in the system (nice job, Intel officer >.<) so now I'm worried given the lack of general details to that thing x-x

"The penalty... IS RAINBOWS!"
I thought this applied exclusively to rival mercies. I was mistaken.
If I can get enough scanner info from that ship, looks like I can give Khate stuff! :3
For her bigger mech.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 23, 2016, 01:22:09 pm »

@Dwarmouse: I might be similarly caught up, so don't worry about it. I'm only sad that I don't get what I wanted for you from christmas... A turn in A Star Once Fallen. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

(Joking, happy Holidays man. Try not to release the abyssal horrors from their hoarfrost prison.)

@Tiruin, RE: Range In Space: Well, I started writing this, and then it got really long. So, when I finish, it's probably going to get put on the first page and I'll link over when its ready.
---
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71