Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106860 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Ohoho! This seems quite interesting indeed! I do hope my backstory is sufficient >-<;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:47:17 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

PTW so hard!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here goes.

This is more-or-less done, but might still tweak it somewhat (and think of some Nicknames). Comments, thoughts? My second idea was a hedonistic neojaguar in it for the thrills.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Doesn't look like I'll come up with a character I'll like in time. Oh well, such is life.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

@Cinder:It's not first come first served, you know.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Doesn't look like I'll come up with a character I'll like in time. Oh well, such is life.
Yo Cin.
The fishie is a nice person to listen to :3 Hug him.

But yeah--consdering games like these, they are 99% not FCFS, and if they are, they're usually stated in the OP. Put in mind that Draignean really cares about his games, and hence he also wants to ensure that equality is from start to finish. That means no timezone bias, and inclusivity to busy-folk because we can't all be not-college and FREEDOM. :P

I'm totally going to edit my sheet instead of posting a new wun. :I Because post-saving space.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Fish and Tir are correct, I don't like FCCS for things like this, mainly because I tend to keep people around for a while and I reserve the right to decide that I simply don't want to write for a particular character. Because this is game structure is weighted towards narrative, I want (and in a very real sense, need) characters that can compel and make me think about them.

I want people to put time in, and thus I really don't care when they post their sheet as long as its good.

Yo Cin.
The fishie is a nice person to listen to :3 Hug him.

But yeah--consdering games like these, they are 99% not FCFS, and if they are, they're usually stated in the OP. Put in mind that Draignean really cares about his games, and hence he also wants to ensure that equality is from start to finish. That means no timezone bias, and inclusivity to busy-folk because we can't all be not-college and FREEDOM. :P

I'm totally going to edit my sheet instead of posting a new wun. :I Because post-saving space.

This, except that I'm not as nice as Tir makes me sound. Always remember that I'm a mean man who is out to steal your candy.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Games like this, I'd buy you candy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here goes.
//Snipp//
This is more-or-less done, but might still tweak it somewhat (and think of some Nicknames). Comments, thoughts? My second idea was a hedonistic neojaguar in it for the thrills.

Exemplary as always DH, I can picture him easily.

Ohoho! This seems quite interesting indeed! I do hope my backstory is sufficient >-<;

A few points. While humans are of course human shaped and wear the normal sorts of human clothes, the uplift species are typically starkly different. Humans wear clothes because their naked pink bodies are fragile easily damaged by the elements, and because of age old injunctions against nudity. Clothing in other races is much more optionally, and can sometimes be replaced by eccentric grooming patterns. The other races are not, except in small changes to skull shape and palette, anthropomorphized.

For crows, the important thing to realize is that flight remains an essential that must be preserved. Ribbons are common adornments, and headgear is a common accessory for practical reasons, but bulky clothing like robes are virtually unheard of. Imagine trying to dress a condor in robe. In fact, when adorning neo-crows, just picturing trying to dress up a very large condor.

A question on the backstory: How did designing failed leg braces prop up her academics?

It's a bit sparse. I don't require you to write the synopsis for book one of the Rust King trilogy like DH did, but I want to know why Senna became cybernetically augmented. Was she military? Civil demolitions? Terrorist? Self-made obsessive?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Debating over whether to recycle a character I never really got to use or come up with another one based on a concept I've had really bouncing around. The former (well, picking between two there, actually) would be a Touhou expy adjusted to make sense in a scifi setting and the latter would be pretty much the cocky pilot archetype, at least until I sit down and flesh them out a bit more.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

It's a bit sparse. I don't require you to write the synopsis for book one of the Rust King trilogy like DH did, but I want to know why Senna became cybernetically augmented. Was she military? Civil demolitions? Terrorist? Self-made obsessive?
Military, then PMC/freelance/civil work, and over the years she just accumulated cyberbits when somebody else did a stupid.
Sigtext

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Draignean, I would welcome comments. I am not used to being so serious or wordy.

I don't know if I have described her abilities enough, or if it is a coherent character. It is a fairly standard bored teenager gone wrong and then led astray by emo-music and friendship and then led astrayer by her parent's betrayal and a lengthy stint in prison with the hope of redemption in comradeship story. I cannot confirm or deny if any elements are autobiographical.

edit: remembered to edit in Traits. Sorry!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:51:15 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

When Tiruin PM's me, I answer? :P

Anyway, feel free to poke and prod and suggest changes. This character isn't exactly an expy of another one of mine, but she could be considered a spiritual successor.

Spoiler: Sadish the Restless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:25:55 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

I'm gonna go for a waitlist, may put up a char sheet this weekend if I'm not too lazy busy.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draignean, I would welcome comments. I am not used to being so serious or wordy.

I don't know if I have described her abilities enough, or if it is a coherent character. It is a fairly standard bored teenager gone wrong and then led astray by emo-music and friendship and then led astrayer by her parent's betrayal and a lengthy stint in prison with the hope of redemption in comradeship story. I cannot confirm or deny if any elements are autobiographical.

Ah, our first augmented individual.

This looks good, very good in point of fact. Traits aren't as filled in as some, but her backstory is fleshed enough that I don't feel you're really losing anything. You should be able to have some fun with this girl, and I can certainly see myself having fun writing with her.

Did she give up music and poetry later in life, or does she still create/consume them with a palette refined by adulthood and hardship?

When Tiruin PM's me, I answer? :P

Anyway, feel free to poke and prod and suggest changes. This character isn't exactly an expy of another one of mine, but she could be considered a spiritual successor.

Spoiler: Sadish the Restless (click to show/hide)

Don't we all?

Anyway, Sadish... Have I ever told you how much I enjoy it when backstories flesh out argot and background? It makes me quite happy, quite happy indeed. The only real prod I have is saying that Sadish is 10ft tall when Fin typically measure by length. Also, shoulders and neck are... odd ways to phrase position on what is essentially a dolphin. They're not precisely wrong, but it can make odd images pop into my head. As far as the can paying for tuition, it's odd, but I can also immediately rationalize how it could possible true in-universe, so that's more an interesting quirk for me than a problem.

I'm getting a picture of a crew in my head, and I like what I'm seeing a great deal.

On a different note, is there any other information that players, or prospective players, want from me?

---
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71