Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are your favorite ways of killing elves?  (Read 1801 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite ways of killing elves?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 05:26:11 am »

No you can't. I don't know if it was a community joke or something, it is even on the wiki.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Butcher#Bugs

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 05:32:46 am »

Hmmm. My memory failing me is probably all that it is.  :-\

Thanks anyway.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »

I don't like killing elves. Doesn't seem particularly rewarding, dwarfy or challenging.
Why would anyone kill elves when there are perfectly horrible/vicious goblins around?

There aren't, though.  I'm in an alleged undead siege with no undead, but an elven diplomat popped up and started making rude, insulting demands about trees and called it a "warning."

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 09:53:25 pm »

I only recall I killed the elf diplomat once because I was bored.
The next year they sent a ambush and killed some nameless dwarf in return, but their caravan still came.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 10:09:31 pm »

In the .40d days, we called the elven siege "Target Practice", and the accompanying caravan "an insult."

Usually, after you horrifically slaughter them and leave the corpses to rot in the sun, they send a much more polite ambassador that asks you to please call off the hostilities.

I rather enjoyed using the dialog option that pointed out (forcibly) that they are the ones who initiated hostilities, and that the hostilities they instigated will continue.

Sadly, the elven menace never fully seems to comprehend that sending an asshat that is the very definition of offensive is NOT how you conduct peaceful relations, and never seems to understand that what they need to do is apologize, not act like the dwarven nation is the aggressor, especially since the fortress only ever DEFENDS itself from ELVEN sieges, and does not, for instance, send dwarven armies to sack and burn their precious elven retreats in reprisal of their transgressions and hostility.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »

:P Unless then can revive dead trees to zombie Ents, they are quite boring to fight.
Pages: 1 [2]