Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Tresspassers of the Archives OOC  (Read 11247 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Tresspassers of the Archives OOC
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2016, 01:00:55 am »

...ok yeah that works.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »

Fixed the action.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2016, 03:51:11 pm »

Oh, Also, This is the Aperture Laboratories, just putting that out there.

If this was Aperture Laboratories, Pisci should have picked up on a LOT more electricity. The elevator itself does not use electricity (unless the GM dropped the ball on that) and instead appears to use either magic or a pulley system or something.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2016, 05:11:24 pm »

Or the technology used in new aperture may not use electricity, and instead utilizes quantum entanglement to power and transfer power through the facility...

Also, can I get my 3 expansion options for Impact Xbow and Growth Sphere? I may end up not using it.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2016, 06:26:05 pm »

... Just make them up. I really cannot think of anything. Am busy laying out my entire evil plot to slowly unveil horrible brain-blasting truths to the PCs
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2016, 08:08:26 pm »

Growth Shot: Fire a Bolt of plant matter from the User's weapon, trailing a line from them to their target, dealing 1d4 Damage and Allowing the user to grapple to it.

Plant Xbow: Fire a thorn covered bolt at an enemy, dealing 1d8 nonlethal Nature Damage.

Growth Xbow: Fire a Large Bolt at an enemy, dealing 1d12 nonlethal impact damage to an enemy, 1 turn cooldown.

?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2016, 09:02:41 pm »

Hmm, would you say this character sheet is finished?

He technically has 10 points worth of skills and attributes, but since he has an anti-skill that means he cannot swim at all without significant assistance and one of the skills (Inspection) is so obtuse even I can't think of where he could actually ever use it, the set should be mostly fine. 
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2016, 09:10:15 pm »

I'm sorry, but I've really lost all interest in this game. I think I just had unrealistically high expectations for it because I liked the design of the sign up sheet. Could someone maybe send me a PM when we get to an actual fight or puzzle?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2016, 09:26:13 pm »

What were you expecting?
The circle is complete.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2016, 09:30:45 pm »

Edited that last action.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2016, 10:03:31 pm »

What were you expecting?

If you'll take a look at post 36 and 56 in the IC thread, I figured that all the GM updates would be of similar quality to that. You should have been able to FEEL me cringe when the GM complained that Sight beyond Sight would cause him triple the work he had to do, when I was looking at like 20 word posts from him.

I'll stop complaining now.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »

I'm trying to let the players shape the story as much as I am.  I mean, I've got like 20+ pages of stuff written out, but I've yet to use it because it's just not time.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2016, 10:38:13 pm »

What were you expecting?

If you'll take a look at post 36 and 56 in the IC thread, I figured that all the GM updates would be of similar quality to that. You should have been able to FEEL me cringe when the GM complained that Sight beyond Sight would cause him triple the work he had to do, when I was looking at like 20 word posts from him.

I'll stop complaining now.

Honestly, I don't like Sight beyond Sight as someone who has GM'd before and don't think Porkins should have let you take it to begin with. As interesting and cool a concept as it may be, the sort of ability it is means the entire campaign has to be designed around it. Every puzzle, every encounter, every secret, the question must be asked: Will Pisci completely trivialize this with her omni-awareness? The funny thing is that your character's lack of eyesight makes Pisci stronger, it's not actually a downside. In-universe it is, but from a meta-perspective it means that Porkins can't just have Sight beyond Sight get blocked off, or interfered with. Since it's her only way of navigating the world, it needs to be functional most of the time or you get screwed over.

You aren't really complaining.
The circle is complete.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2016, 12:31:35 am »

When I designed my character, I based it around utility and versatility as opposed to raw combat strength. I figured it was balanced by low health and fairly weak attacks. I figured the main weakness to Sight beyond Sight was its maximum range, which would make things like Archers exceptionally dangerous.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2016, 12:46:11 am »

My Character is equally or even more utility based, and I have had no trouble.

And honestly, There is no real problem here, considering nobody has been able to make their abilities shine yet, the game is too young, and the GM hasn't even dealt out the first REAL encounter.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13