Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fleshmancy (4/4)  (Read 6656 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy (4/4)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 04:22:28 pm »

Made an OOC thread to eliminate clutter in the IC. Update will be coming later today when I get off work.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 08:48:26 pm »

"Right elder, I will try my best."

Azura focuses on shaping one of the pieces of flesh into 8 tiny tendrils, another piece into small roundish body and final one to make the outer skin. She then focuses on placing one unit of bone to be placed into the tendrils while the last into the body to support it from collapsing. The mouth is then reshaped more into a beak and placed closer to the top of the body. While she trys to finish it off by putting thr organs inside the body.

Azura begins to feel the magic flowing through her. At first it is strong and wild, trying to rush out of her and she worries that she may and destroy the living thing before her. But with a few deep breaths she is able to control the flow and wield it. Clumsily of course, but not terrible for her first attempt. Slowly working bits of flesh into long tendrils and sinking bones into them is slow and difficult. The tentacles end up being uneven lengths and thicknesses at first, but eventually she manages to get them all about even. Placing the bone structure within the creature is much easier as it is a larger and more durable endeavor. Wrapping the organs within the flesh of the body is surprisingly easy. However, the mouth ends up being a total failure. She tries to harden the mouth into a beak, but as she does so, the mouth simply elongates until it is a fleshy flap.

Ah Azura, I see your attempt and the image you held within your mind. However, you have made the mistake all come to encounter. You have attempted to make something out of nothing. A mouth is a mouth, and it cannot be formed into a beak without the addition of bone. Without the proper materials, a piece will be unable to form.

The creature itself is blind, as the elder gave you no eyes, yet it begins to crawl along its tentacles as best it can. Its mouth flap makes squelching noises as it is dragged along the ground in search of food.

"I hope that the esteemed elder finds my humble work satisfactory."

Delector shapes one unit of flesh into the outer skin, and two units of flesh into wings. He puts one unit of bones inside, to prevent it from collapsing, and one unit of bone on the outside, shaped into armor. The mouth is placed in the middle. The organs are positioned inside the ball.

((So basically, a ball with wings and bone armor and a mouth to attack. An example would be cool, to help us on how to do it.))

You find the magic within your blood weak at first, but slowly it comes out in a controlled manner. Like playing with clay, you mold the flesh according to your desires. You take sections of flesh and stretch them until you have large wings attached to a spherical body. Placing the bones and organs within the body was as simple as placing objects into a bag. Of course, you don't normally have to line up a mouth and organs when placing objects in a bag. Getting the bones to form armored plates was difficult and required a great deal of pulling, flattening, and magical hammering. But eventually you manage to make several plates and attach them to the exterior of the creature. When you have finished, you release your hold on the being and set it on the ground. Blind due to lack of eyes, but far from motionless. It attempts to spread its wings, but without the support of bones, they're just large fleshy flaps. The creature manages to use them to roll about however. The bone plates make clinking noises against the stone floor.

Hmmm, Delector. A sound concept, but not enough parts. The lack of structure in the wings makes it impossible for them to become rigid enough for flight. Make sure your structure is sound so that the imagined creature may hold up the expectations of your imagination.

"Indeed...I was born for this, after all, wasnt I?" Alys says quietly.

"I believe the simplest creations work best, to start. But is there not a hidden complexity in even the simplest things? Let me look upon the phylum Annelida in my minds eye. External segmentation to aid in mobility, invertebrate biology, multiple redundant organs to aid in survival, a closed circulatory system-relatively simple binary mental processes, easy to replicate. It is said the annelids have remain relatively unchanged for untold eons of time, while mans great towers rose and fell-they persisted, having no need to change. I feel a certain awe at the elegance of their design, the fundamental perfection. The worm has no more need to evolve-it is a flawless biological design. Only adaptation needed is to environmental constraints. ...I now feel slightly judged, unworthy of my gifts. Simple is not beautiful, nor is it wonderous, will it impress? Yes, I do not feel I am not making art. I prefer function, over form. This creature will merely survive, because logic dictates it must survive. It's survival is the only end I aim for...now, I will shape this flesh as I will, for I am Alys the Blue, One Reborn as Another."

Action: Shape portions flesh into a long, segmented worm shape. Integrate simple closed circulatory system, redundant organs, invertebrate biology, segmentation, a simplistic mind, and a mouth at one end. Leave the bones out, and any unneeded flesh-I try not to use any more resources than I have to.

((OOC: I wonder if I took the GM too literally? :P ))

You, in a bout of artistic inspiration, craft a worm. It is as long as your arm and elegant in its simplicity. You find that trying to use one set of organs multiple times in order to create redundancy does not go well at all. While you manage it, the ultimate system you create is inefficient and looks rather uncomfortable for the creature. You leave the bones and one unit of flesh aside so as to not let them die.

Ah, the worm. A wonderful shape to begin with that leaves so much more to be explored. A wonderful attempt at mancy, and one with lessons to be learned as well. Take care when trying to make one thing another thing. Organs are delicate and specialized, one set, this one from a cave mammal of some kind, will not work well for the redundant system that a worm requires. Of course you could always chain several organ sets in a line to create redundancy, but trying to make one into many is ultimately going to have drawbacks.

The worm begins to writhe on the ground. Gurgling noises can be head within it. It seems that it has several stomach aches.

"I will Do What I can."
I Begin by Shaping it into A Three Legged Shape, and Placing Bones within The Legs so it Doesn't Collapse, Afterwards I move onto Other Things, Such as Mouth Position, Which I Move to the Bottom. Finally I Shape A Few Bone Blades upon the Top and Make Sure the Stomach is Within.

Finding the power within you takes a moment, and for a split second you feared it wasn't there. But it rushed forth into your hands and allowed you to mold flesh like clay. Taking the bones and placing them within the three legs was not terribly difficult, but making sure each leg had the same amount of bones was not easy. Organizing the mouth and organs proved difficult, as you realized the body had no bone structure to support it. After sharpening the edge of one bone unit you place it upon  the top, creating several bone blades. They sag slightly to the side as the body itself has no structure. When you release the hold on the creature it sag for a moment, but after a few attempts it manages to get its three legs under its saggy body, the bone blades tilting off to each side as it walks.

Not bad not bad at all. But next time, make sure the body of the creature can support it. Otherwise it will sag like a spineless jellyfish. The blades are a nice touch regardless.

I think that you have each learned a lesson here. And so we shall try it again.
The elder takes your creatures and returns them to their sacs. He then returns to the back room. When he reappears he has four larger sacks. Within these sacks contain 8 units of flesh, one set of eyes, 6 sets of bones, one set of organs, one mouth, one set of teeth, and a small brain. Be careful with the brain especially, mindless creatures can still find food out of hunger, but a creature with a destroyed brain may act erratically or die almost instantly. I'd advise constructing a skull.

Each of you will be tasked with riding your beast to the next village and back. You will each carry a glass of liquid with you. The first to return, without spilling the liquid, will leave this training session with a special reward.
The old man smiles as he tells you the challenge. He seems to enjoy seeing you work and probably thinks a little competition will inspire you all to learn.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 11:31:44 pm »

"Thank you for advice elder, I will try even harder this time." Azura says before taking the bag and moving away to more quieter to room to exam all of the pieces, hoping she could make a working creation.

Azura began first by trying to making skeleton for the avian like skull using a piece of bone, she then grabs the piece of flesh to make innards and muscles for the skull, after that she grabs the mouth and teeth and tries to form the beak using the avian skull shape to support it, she then grabs the eyes and place them to upper side of face to allow the creature to see forward and sideways, she then places the small brain in the centre of skull and finally adds another piece of flesh to make outer skin and ears of the skull.

Azura then catches her breath before getting to work on the body, she first uses 3 pieces of bones to make large skeletal rib cage frame and wing structure, she then grabs 2 pieces of flesh and begins making innards and muscles for the body, she then grabs the organs and manipulate them into functional organ system.
She then decided to work on the limbs using 3 piece of bone she formed long ball and socket type legs with five toes for support and two short arms with 5 digits on each for grasping prey, using 3 pieces of flesh to make innards and muscles for the limbs. For the final piece of bone she try to make small spiky ridges on the top of the body for carrying people and protection and used the last piece of flesh to form nerves to connect all the muscles, bones and senses together.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:14:56 pm by flazeo25 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »

"Indeed. Lessons must be learned..." She said thoughtfully.

Action: Alys begins her own work by constructing what amounts to a snake skeleton-a long, solid vertebrae instersped with spiny ribs, and a cyclopean skull at one end. She makes the skull and neck heavier, wider, and larger (hence the one eye, requires less resources inside) to accommodate her own body weight. The being should not be required to lift it's head much, as it will rely on me to guide it. The skull also has two distinct features-two blunt spurs on it's head like horns, for hand holds and guiding the animal, and a bony hollow in the very center of it's head between the spurs, that can safely store the glass of liquid. She modifies the spurs so that they can be manipulated by hand, cause the animal mild irritation when pulled left or right-no more than an unpleasant itchy sensation, hopefully. This sensation goes away when the creature turns in that direction. This is probably the tricky part.

She pays particular attention to making the skeletons serpentine movements as smooth as possible-this will make the final product a much smoother ride (who wants saddle sores!) and allow her to carry the liquid without shattering it. She also makes sure to fashion these bones harmonically, as carrier of vibration-this is integral to the final product.

Having constructed what she hopes is a stable foundation, she begins to shape the flesh. This is of course, much more difficult-a fulling functioning system of organs in a hollow fleshy tube is her design. It's not entirely unlike how she made the worm, though this time she knows her base materials are mammalian in origin, she knows not to try and duplicate them. She places the brain in the very center of the dense, heavy skull-well protected, and close to the ground. Not far from that, a single eye with connective tissue gives the creature monocular vision. This eyesight is very simple-it doesn't need to see color, or even very far, and only very basic movement. Ideally, she wants to limit the 'circuity' she has to create, opting for simple is better. It has no sense of hearing, smell or and only very basic sense of taste (mostly to tell the difference between vegetable, animal, and mineral), mostly feeling and harmonic (explained below).

Then, more perks.

She opts not to give the creature actual teeth, instead giving it a sort of 'vacuum' sucker mouth-something that can't harm her if it goes berserk-it should be able to swallow any food whole, but hopefully not her. She then mimics the design of a birds crop internally, effectively allowing food to be stored, ground up, and softened in the interior of the body. The teeth need to be reshaped into the grinding mechanism utilized in this organ. If possible, she tries to link the fullness of this 'crop' to the creatures feelings of being fed, which should keep it content. (I'm not sure if we can 'reprogram' the creatures brain in this way)

Finally, allowing the creature to move requires she allows it to sense incoming obstacles or obstructions. Her final touches allow the creature (along with a harmonically balanced skeleton) to feel vibrations in the ground, that are detected from it's skeletal system and translated to it's tiny brain. It should have an aversion to running into anything or being caught by anything it detects that is moving (mostly my competitors)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 02:24:25 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 02:59:53 pm »

"I will learn from my previous mistake, elder..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WIP finished
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:21:09 pm by vishdafish »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 06:45:12 pm »

"I Will Learn From my Mystakes."
I Flatten my creature out into a Thick cylinder I Could Easily Sit upon, Next I Move Bone until it had a flat Shell with a Lip on top And Some interior Structure to build upon, the next step I Do Is Place Most Organs into One Side and the Mouth, teeth, and any eyes provided on the other, I Then give it four Thick Limbs with three joints Each, one to each corner, To Move with and place bone within them. The brain Goes to the center and is surounded with a skull. Above that I Stick a Chunk of bone and flesh with a hole in the center to hold onto.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:37:26 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 10:41:58 pm »

"Thank you for advice elder, I will try even harder this time." Azura says before taking the bag and moving away to more quieter to room to exam all of the pieces, hoping she could make a working creation.

Azura began first by trying to making skeleton for the avian like skull using a piece of bone, she then grabs the piece of flesh to make innards and muscles for the skull, after that she grabs the mouth and teeth and tries to form the beak using the avian skull shape to support it, she then grabs the eyes and place them to upper side of face to allow the creature to see forward and sideways, she then places the small brain in the centre of skull and finally adds another piece of flesh to make outer skin and ears of the skull.

Azura then catches her breath before getting to work on the body, she first uses 3 pieces of bones to make large skeletal rib cage frame and wing structure, she then grabs 2 pieces of flesh and begins making innards and muscles for the body, she then grabs the organs and manipulate them into functional organ system.
She then decided to work on the limbs using 3 piece of bone she formed long ball and socket type legs with five toes for support and two short arms with 5 digits on each for grasping prey, using 3 pieces of flesh to make innards and muscles for the limbs. For the final piece of bone she try to make small spiky ridges on the top of the body for carrying people and protection and used the last piece of flesh to form nerves to connect all the muscles, bones and senses together.

After you have finished your work you turn to admire your creation. Ultimately it resembles what you imagined, however slightly less birdlike. Without feathers it appears more like a giant fleshy beast, but birdlike in its appearance. Its beak is decently proportional, given that it was made of bone and teeth, you're quite happy about its outcome as it truly does look and function like a beak. However you're finding that wings are still quite difficult to master. Creating wings, legs, and arms using the materials given made the entire thing less durable than you'd like. Its bones are thin and light and its flesh is stretched thin. Yet all the parts are there and functioning, just not exactly the prettiest featherless giant bird you could have imagined. The bone spikes look cool, but really dont provide more function than that.

As its brain activates and begins controlling its body, it begins stretching its arms legs and wings. All and all it can stand, peck, grasp using its arms. It doesn't seem to be able to capable of continuous flight, but given its lightness in comparison to wing size, it should be able to glide given its wingspan.

"Indeed. Lessons must be learned..." She said thoughtfully.

Action: Alys begins her own work by constructing what amounts to a snake skeleton-a long, solid vertebrae instersped with spiny ribs, and a cyclopean skull at one end. She makes the skull and neck heavier, wider, and larger (hence the one eye, requires less resources inside) to accommodate her own body weight. The being should not be required to lift it's head much, as it will rely on me to guide it. The skull also has two distinct features-two blunt spurs on it's head like horns, for hand holds and guiding the animal, and a bony hollow in the very center of it's head between the spurs, that can safely store the glass of liquid. She modifies the spurs so that they can be manipulated by hand, cause the animal mild irritation when pulled left or right-no more than an unpleasant itchy sensation, hopefully. This sensation goes away when the creature turns in that direction. This is probably the tricky part.

She pays particular attention to making the skeletons serpentine movements as smooth as possible-this will make the final product a much smoother ride (who wants saddle sores!) and allow her to carry the liquid without shattering it. She also makes sure to fashion these bones harmonically, as carrier of vibration-this is integral to the final product.

Having constructed what she hopes is a stable foundation, she begins to shape the flesh. This is of course, much more difficult-a fulling functioning system of organs in a hollow fleshy tube is her design. It's not entirely unlike how she made the worm, though this time she knows her base materials are mammalian in origin, she knows not to try and duplicate them. She places the brain in the very center of the dense, heavy skull-well protected, and close to the ground. Not far from that, a single eye with connective tissue gives the creature monocular vision. This eyesight is very simple-it doesn't need to see color, or even very far, and only very basic movement. Ideally, she wants to limit the 'circuity' she has to create, opting for simple is better. It has no sense of hearing, smell or and only very basic sense of taste (mostly to tell the difference between vegetable, animal, and mineral), mostly feeling and harmonic (explained below).

Then, more perks.

She opts not to give the creature actual teeth, instead giving it a sort of 'vacuum' sucker mouth-something that can't harm her if it goes berserk-it should be able to swallow any food whole, but hopefully not her. She then mimics the design of a birds crop internally, effectively allowing food to be stored, ground up, and softened in the interior of the body. The teeth need to be reshaped into the grinding mechanism utilized in this organ. If possible, she tries to link the fullness of this 'crop' to the creatures feelings of being fed, which should keep it content. (I'm not sure if we can 'reprogram' the creatures brain in this way)

Finally, allowing the creature to move requires she allows it to sense incoming obstacles or obstructions. Her final touches allow the creature (along with a harmonically balanced skeleton) to feel vibrations in the ground, that are detected from it's skeletal system and translated to it's tiny brain. It should have an aversion to running into anything or being caught by anything it detects that is moving (mostly my competitors)

You decide to take a more serpentine approach to your fleshmancy. Creating a limbless wide snakelike creature was not incredibly difficult. Figuring out where there should be more muscle and nerves took a bit of thought, but you end up being rather pleased with the outcome, which should, in theory, give the creature a side to side snakelike movement. Giving it nerves on its underside should allow it to sense vibrations nearby. Its head has a single eye, which gives it rather poor vision, but the extra sensitive horns on the side of its head should allow you to control its movement. Nestled in its skull is a place to place your cup of liquid.

Once you release your magic on the creature its brain activates and it begins thrashing. At first you thought you'd done something wrong, but then it seems to figure out its body. Its not very capable of making sharp turns, but its long flat body make it very good at moving in straight lines. It slithers to the edge of the hut and immediately bashes its head into the wall. It makes a gutteral sound that makes you think it is more confused by the obstacle than hindered by it. It lifts up part of its body and flops over, making an unorthodox, but effective change in direction. Its mouth flap opens and closes as it looks around the room.

"I will learn from my previous mistake, elder..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WIP finished

Your creature is by far stranger than the other, but in its own way, ingenious. Its three legs give it a loping gaint that allows it to move quickly over short distances and propel itself into the air. Its small wings don't allow it to fly, but does smooth out the jerky leap. Its long neck and 360 vision give the creature a great ability to observe its surroundings, but doesn't really allow it to focus on anything. Its mouth seems functional, but you wont really know until it needs to eat.

The creature, once you complete your magic, immediately collapses. After a few tries it manages to figure out which leg goes where and how to put them in front of eachother. Its legs seem to be filled with power, and its uneven gaunt makes you worry that you may have difficulty keeping all your liquid in your cup.

"I Will Learn From my Mystakes."
I Flatten my creature out into a Thick cylinder I Could Easily Sit upon, Next I Move Bone until it had a flat Shell with a Lip on top And Some interior Structure to build upon, the next step I Do Is Place Most Organs into One Side and the Mouth, teeth, and any eyes provided on the other, I Then give it four Thick Limbs with three joints Each, one to each corner, To Move with and place bone within them. The brain Goes to the center and is surounded with a skull. Above that I Stick a Chunk of bone and flesh with a hole in the center to hold onto.

Your creature is unlike any in the room. Its cylindrical body  has a shell above it that is easy to sit upon and its lack of head makes it compact. Its triple jointed limbs should give it decent range of motion for moving across uneven terrain. Most importantly, it has a handle sticking up off of its body that will allow you to hold onto it. While the creature is not lean like some of the others, its stocky body and unique limbs may prove a powerful advantage if there are any obstacles in your path.

When you release your magic on the creature it makes a strange cooing noise and sits. It seems, at first, confused about its body and its limbs, but manages to gain control of them quickly. It seems to find its body acceptable, if a little stocky.

The elder escorts you to the edge of town where you see a tunnel that extends into the shifting caverns. Without much ado he says GO! and you are on your way. The beasts you are riding each move of their own volition at the word and sprint off into the dimness of the tunnel. It is not until several minutes have passed do you realize you'd never gone very far from the village at all.

The four beasts are rather tied for speed, all within sight of eachother for the first hour of the journey, but then you come to the first obstacle. A cavern opens before you. It has a river rushing across it. There seems to be a high cliff along the left that would allow you to pass over it, but its narrow and seems to be crumbling. There does, far off to your right, seem to be an area where the river slows and shallows. And of course there is always the direct route, but falling into the river or trying to swim it here where it is deep and swift, could be quite dangerous, but not impossible.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 09:44:43 am »

Go Direct route and attempt to fly or glide over the river.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 10:10:23 am »

((How wide is the river?))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 10:26:14 am »

I Head to the right.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 10:36:45 am »

((How wide is the river?))

The river isn't extremely wide, but it's wide enough to make you worry about trying to jump it without knowing how far your beast can jump.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 10:52:08 am »

No risk, no reward. Delector orders his creature to make the jump through the direct route.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 10:53:00 am »

PTW.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 11:23:02 am »

Arys noted her own creations weaknesses first-it mostly required a good deal of manual control from the rider, and it required a good deal of space to move in. She supposed her design had been based on the idea that they would be traveling along paved roads.

She took a glance at the cliff, wondering if it could shimmy across...there was no telling the integrity of the ledge, but it's body would be able to sense vibrations far better than she could, so if the beast seemed hesitant she would know to back off. It was also useful in that it's entire body was essentially a muscle-it could grasp the ground much tighter than a pair of feet might. If it was ever made strong enough, it might even be able to literally scale walls one day...much safer than flying!

She decided to risk it. Swimming was in theory possible, but you wouldn't have a bottle afterwards most likely-and jumping or flying was clearly impossible. Taking her beast across the shallows was dangerous in that the creature might drown, even in such a little bit of water-it couldn't exactly lift it's head much...failure or success, it was all part of the process.

Action: Does it look like my cycloposnake could actually fit it's entire body on the narrow ledge? If so, try it!

Otherwise, head toward the shallowest end at the right, and try to slither across!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »

Go Direct route and attempt to fly or glide over the river.

You retreat a short distance so that you can build up speed for the jump. You urge your beast forward and it breaks into a sprint. After reaching top speed, it jumps as high as it can into the air, spreading its wings at the apex of its jump. You manage to prevent the liquid from spilling during this endeavor, its thicker than water and doesn't slosh very much. You glide down for the descent, but find you are coming in pretty fast. Very fast! Your bird-beast hits the ground running and slowly decelerates. But it seems like it may have injured its left leg during the landing. Blood is trickling down its leg, but seems to be only mildly painful for you mount.

I Head to the right.

Your cylinder creature's triple limbs give it an awkward sway as it walks, but it is definitely not a bad method of locomotion.  You take the long route down to the right and find the river easier to cross than expected. It seems that upriver it is deeper and filled with swirling currents, but here it is shallow. Perhaps some of the water disappears deeper underground before it reaches here. Regardless, your creature easily skitters across the shallows, and you only get mildly damp. Hopefully this detour doesn't put you behind in the race.

No risk, no reward. Delector orders his creature to make the jump through the direct route.

With only mild hesitation you direct your beast to make the largest leap its ever attempted. You cover the open container as best you can without compromising your hold on your mount. It makes several small bounds to speed up for the large one, and then takes the leap! For a moment everything seems to go in slow motion as you fly through the air. Then gravity kicks in and you begin plummeting down towards the water. Your mount lands half in and half out of the water and uses it's clawed front limbs to pull you both out onto the solid ground. You're incredibly drenched, but your cup is full! Your creature is making strange unhappy noises however.

Arys noted her own creations weaknesses first-it mostly required a good deal of manual control from the rider, and it required a good deal of space to move in. She supposed her design had been based on the idea that they would be traveling along paved roads.

She took a glance at the cliff, wondering if it could shimmy across...there was no telling the integrity of the ledge, but it's body would be able to sense vibrations far better than she could, so if the beast seemed hesitant she would know to back off. It was also useful in that it's entire body was essentially a muscle-it could grasp the ground much tighter than a pair of feet might. If it was ever made strong enough, it might even be able to literally scale walls one day...much safer than flying!

She decided to risk it. Swimming was in theory possible, but you wouldn't have a bottle afterwards most likely-and jumping or flying was clearly impossible. Taking her beast across the shallows was dangerous in that the creature might drown, even in such a little bit of water-it couldn't exactly lift it's head much...failure or success, it was all part of the process.

Action: Does it look like my cycloposnake could actually fit it's entire body on the narrow ledge? If so, try it!

Otherwise, head toward the shallowest end at the right, and try to slither across!

You take the upper route and edge your way along it. Your creature's flat body barely fits on the ledge, but because it is wide and flat, its weight is evenly distributed. Even over the crumbling ledge your creature slithers with ease and stability. You manage to cross the entire ledge without so much as a close call.

Arys is now in the lead with Delector and Azura behind him and Lewendigo behind. This side of the cavern has two tunnels that lead out of it. One is located directly across from the one you entered through and the other is located slightly further down river. The larger one directly across from the entrance seems rough and full of loose stones, the other seems worn and smooth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4