Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Figments: A Hero Is Born (ISG)  (Read 5236 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Figments: A Hero Is Born (ISG)
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 06:38:25 pm »

Stop Dying is Don't Starve.

Carnagecube Stage sounds like Super Meat Boy. Or Wanna Be the Guy.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 06:49:32 pm »

It's actually Battleblock Theater
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 10:02:27 pm »

Can we get bonuses for finding the references?

The bonus is the knowledge.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Figments: A Hero Is Born (ISG)
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »

I couldn't choose which game to play, so I ended up playing Edgelands 2, It might not have much magic, but it is a great RPG, I played as Incan, a 'Witch' who uses the alien power of Radeum to do cool magic.

I played through the intro where Beautiful Joe blew up the train Incan was on, leaving her stranded in the wasteland, a little robot helped me, and I had to fight through bandits and Jerkhawks, before fighting Anklebiter, a huge Jerkhawk with Huger fists.  Using my guns and powers, I beat it, and moved on to the next area with the little robot's plane (after getting the guns and getting new powers with my levels).

After all of that, it was bedtime, and I had a weird dream.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 02:33:47 pm »

analyze the meaning of the dream
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 02:59:49 pm »

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »

Demand to know what's going on here. You are Seeker Dave and you refuse to be treated like this!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 03:57:08 pm »

When I was in the Dark place, I tried to figure out what it meant, Until slowly and suddenly, I started to notice it, a red line that cut the place in half, and on the other side was someone I only saw in pictures, it was Major V! People say he is the most powerful Figment on the good guys side! (Gremlin is still my favorite though.) I was stunned, and practically demanded to know what he was doing in my dream.

Wow, you sure are Willful, I suppose That makes me lucky! He laughs at my determined expression.

"Well, What is going on is that I need your help, and fast, there is a bad guy who has caused a problem, and I can't handle it alone, my user has been incapacitated, and I need a temporary user to keep me going strong."

He crossed his arms at me, a hard look coming to his face.

"Ultimately, the choice remains in your hands, but without your help, I don't have enough time to find another person before I... get too weak to fight."

"I can make you a Temporary Figment user, like one in the User's Union, until such time as I am able to stop the Bad Guy who did this, with your permission."
he said to me, I couldn't tell through his mask, but he almost seemed hesitant, It could be dangerous after all, I've heard about bad people who discover Figment Users without someone or thing to protect them.  I bet I could take em though, especially with figments of my own, and Major V on my side.

"Where is Minor V?" I asked, wondering where the titular sidekick of Major V was, from what I read and saw, they were inseparable.

"He is trying to find another person, much like myself, when we got separated."

I think about what he said.  His body looked weird, there was this blue stuff under his armor, and I couldn't see his legs.  Cracks were all over his Justice Pillar, the baton he used to take down bad guys.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:39:15 pm by Shadestyle »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 04:08:41 pm »

> Do it!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 05:22:13 pm »

> Do it!
Always let strangers bring something out of you you never knew you could do!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 07:28:03 pm »

Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 07:49:05 pm »

> Do it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BurOF6X4EXc

I wonder what would happen if we refused him. Could we become a "bad guy"?

What makes these people "bad guys", anyway? Wait... Are figments and figment-users enforcers of a dictatorial and/or dystopian regime, and they call the people who oppose them "bad guys" as a form of propaganda?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 09:42:37 pm »

Or it could be because the Protagonist is 10 Years old, and he has to concisely explain himself?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:07 pm »

Or it could be because the Protagonist is 10 Years old, and he has to concisely explain himself?

No, that can't be it
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2016, 10:20:37 pm »

"Ok, thank you for your cooperation, you are going to do great things kiddo." He lifts up his Justice Pillar.

"Justice Pillar..!  Unlock!" Suddenly, he runs at me, smashing his pillar into the Red Barrier between us, and shattering a hole in it.  The red comes in and fills the dark space, and then I woke up.

"Wake up little man, You can't sleep in today, your friends are coming over, remember?" Mom says to me as I wipe the sleep from my eyes.

I forgot the Dream then, and got ready, before my friends came over. where we played Edgelands 2 together, and beat Bad Mama, a large baddie with a shield made of dwarves, and unlocked the Hitchhike Terminal, which could Virtuate Vehicles, and had a weird hologram thingie on it as well.

When they left, I saw something in the kitchen, and walking in there felt a weird poking on my back.  Turning around, I saw nothing, but felt the poking again.  I walked around trying to figure it out, when around a corner in my room, I saw Major V, and I remembered my dream again.

He looked like wanted to find somewhere to talk, and I guess I had to, I was just too curious, and a bit exited.

We went into the backyard, I think he turned invisible or something, and he started talking.

"Thank you for having me." he started, nodding at me.

"Now that you are a Figment User, you need to know a lot of things, but I'll start with the simplest."

"Right now, I am one of your figments, which is to say that I have been turned from a being made of my original user's Willpower and Intentions, and transformed into one made of yours.  The reason you can see me right now is because I am currently in the frequency closest to our world, most figments will be just below that frequency, making them invisible, and mostly intangible to Normal Matter."

"So, In order to be a proper figment user, you need two things to start.  A way to see Figments on a slightly different frequency from this realm, and, a way to see into the furthest frequency from this reality, your Special Space."

"We'll start with the latter.  Focus your will, imagining a way to view your innermost sanctum, the place where your Mind and Imagination exist, the core of your immaterial self."

I didn't understand what he meant, but I kinda got that I was supposed to imagine something to look somewhere else, like, like one of those Cameras from Edgelands, the scanner thingies that had the holograms.

I needed to get more specific with that thought, how I made something like that Hologram Scanner.  In the game, they called it Virtuation Technology, something to do with making information into matter, turning thoughts into reality.

I needed something almost like a HUD, to show me that Special Space he was talking about, or a screen, or a hologram, but what?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:25:10 pm by Shadestyle »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7