Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dropped items being invisible  (Read 549 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dropped items being invisible
« on: September 27, 2016, 12:36:26 pm »

About every third time a caravan freaks out for no reason (undead yeti, pshaw!) and drops all its goods, my dorfs act like the dropped items are completely invisible.  If I forbid, unforbid, flag to Dump, unflag to Dump, set them in stockpiles keyed to supply other stockpiles... nothing seems to work.

I even tunnelled under them and dropped them onto a new square... still invisible.

If I flag metal items in the pile to be melted, the furnace dwarves will slowly make their way there and pick up the items to be melted, but none of the components in the pile (stone, metal, wood, etc.) are taken to their stockpiles, nor are the scrolls/codices in the pile placed in the library?

Help?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dropped items being invisible
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 03:08:33 pm »

Sounds like they are flagged for merchants, and act like they are in the middle of being traded. 

I think there was a dfhack fix for it I read somewhere here in bay12.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »

Using DFHack's gui/gm-editor it's possible to manually reset the merchant tag. Written stuff is quirky as it is on account of being fake artifacts, and in the past I've had to reset the merchant flag on all the books the visiting vampires were carrying (after I've given them the welcome they deserve).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:24:01 pm »

The items are still owned by the merchants. It takes about a season to become yours.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 09:25:18 am »

Same issue here. They never become mine, after a year of lying in the edge of the map I used
Autodump destroy command to get rid of them.
After melting all the metal items of course.
Seems like melt designation cares not for the ownership.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

timotheos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 02:05:26 pm »

Strange moods can also pick up the items. Also if you can change the item without moving it that will fix the issue as well. ie when food rots or if you can set fire to the wool socks.
You're still stuck with any magma safe rocks though.