Poll

A or B?

A
- 2 (22.2%)
B
- 7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: You are an Independent Scientist! (Nov 12, 2016)  (Read 36677 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Independent Scientist!
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2017, 03:40:16 pm »

Let's work on Improving the Wireless jamming Device by increasing range, battery life and of course decreasing it's size as much as possible without making it's range useless.

+1. If we are going to work towards robbing the vault, this will be essential to stop any backup being called. It will also give us more time to take out the guards.

If we have time to make one, I think RAM's suggestion of an ant bot with a tiny camera is good. It does carry its risks, but I can't think of a better way to observe the place in detail. We can plan for exactly what we are up against. Maybe we can make it crawl through a small gap in the ventilation or something? Or camouflage it so it blends in with the floor?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2017, 05:30:29 pm »

Or, y'know, get it to bite into the camera feeds (the cables)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2017, 09:41:32 pm »

November 10, 2016

Today, you had a lot of brainstorming for the military vault. Ultimately, you come up with a lot of ideas but not much actionable other than improving the wireless jamming device. Luckily, you have plenty of time to do both the vault and other more important tasks. You don't know what tasks, but you are sure you have other things in mind to do. You're an independent scientist! One day you'll be helping the entire world through science!

Speaking of science, you start work on the wireless jamming device. The goals are simple: better range, power efficiency, and a smaller housing. The existing thing is a large hefty backpack-like contraption. You consider changing it to work off of a Backmounted Energy Distributor, but you decide to keep the integrated MK4 Energ-E cell in for now.
You begin by moving parts around and replacing bits and components of the Wireless Jamming Device with smaller, better versions. You wish you still had scrap metal, but you use 2x Electronics in the process. Though you think you made a mistake in the new parts, because the new and improved version has... some flaws.

The biggest part of the Wireless Jamming Device MK2 is the fuel cell chamber. The actual electronics and components fit in a small housing attached to the slot for the fuel cell, making it about 10x30 cm big. But the 60 m radius of disruptions is significantly reduced to a paltry 10 meters, and somehow that takes up massive amounts of power. The power consumption of the device has increased to the point where instead of 60 uses, a full MK4 Energ-E cell will only provide 10 pulses before depletion.
It's not a lost cause, at least. It's without a doubt still useful, you can improve on it later if needed, and you could always just restore it to the original backpack-sized MK1 if needed. Annoyed, you decide to just get more sleep today.

You harvested 1 ml of venom today, turned it into lasting venom, then sold it for $30.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Makeshift Data Terminal
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2017, 09:49:31 pm »

Go back to the university, and upgrade  the data terminal.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 28, 2017, 05:17:26 am »

this sounds good.

Also try to produce some tiny legs for an ant-robot... Antroid?

And attempt to come up with a scorpion mental stimulant, but don't test it yet.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 28, 2017, 08:29:10 am »

+1 to this

And I guess lets go scavenging for more scrap metal and scrap electronics in our free time.

and maybe buy some new less baggy clothes so we don't stick out like a sore thumb in more Upper Class areas and in business dealings.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2017, 07:24:17 pm »

And attempt to come up with a scorpion mental stimulant, but don't test it yet.
Sounds like a bad idea with bad results.  +1

Go to the library and research military vault specifications. 

We were merely asked about how to get into a military vault, not how to get into a military base, passed all the guards that may or may not be taking their job seriously. 

Also, I like the idea of tiny bots, especially if we can get them as small as ants. 

EDIT: before I forget, I do like the idea of being able to ping back to previous posts.  Useful for us participating and we don't want to sift through the hundreds of ideas posted between them all.  If someone wants a pulse on the insanity, they can join our ranks by reading it all.  For the casual guys, they can just read the posts, and give their ideas up to the dogs when they reach the present. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:26:51 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 08, 2017, 07:29:55 pm »

PTW.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2017, 01:26:24 am »

And try to get some research into small motors, but we will probably just replicate muscles, or, well ,actually, whe should research scorpion locomotion and replicatethat for our small robots...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2017, 10:48:56 am »

And try to get some research into small motors, but we will probably just replicate muscles, or, well ,actually, whe should research scorpion locomotion and replicatethat for our small robots...
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2017, 11:17:18 am »

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2017, 02:31:44 pm »

+1
+1
+1

I think we'd be perfectly fine spending the entire day on this.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2017, 04:36:12 pm »

+1
+1
+1

I think we'd be perfectly fine spending the entire day on this.
+1
it's over

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2017, 05:02:45 pm »

perhaps we can also bang some rocks together to make a barrel fire as well.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 03, 2017, 05:34:15 am »

Do we have one of those metal tables with a massive car-jack to lift it into the middle of a thunderstorm?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30