Poll

A or B?

A
- 2 (22.2%)
B
- 7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: You are an Independent Scientist! (Nov 12, 2016)  (Read 36725 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Independent Scientist!
« Reply #315 on: January 05, 2017, 01:12:45 am »

What if we drop the hollow caltrops from our drone, and when the truck crashes (or otherwise stops) we pretend to be a concerned citizen, arriving to render aid while using knockout-filled injector rings? It's not like we're on some wanted list, and even if someone questions us we can just flash one of our IDs and use our vastly superior intellect to convince bystanders we're legit.

Of course, should the caltrops fail, we could do the thing with the standing and the mask and everything, but if we can manage to subdue the personnel without alerting anyone else, what's to stop us from just driving the truck back to the garage lab and taking everything?

Other than that (and spending precious time creating a crossbow), I +1 Fallacy's plan.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 05, 2017, 01:51:15 am »

We could claim to be to a off-duty Military Biomedical scientist if we're caught, also would it be possible to make some hollow caltrops filled with nitroglycerin to really mess up the truck. We also want to keep that truck as far away from the garage as possible, I feel Peaceforce might want a little revenge.   
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 05, 2017, 10:17:42 am »

@Paphi  I'd suggested something similar.  I think the risk is a bit too high, but no one had weighted in on the idea.  This is one of the things were people need to discuss it before Chiefwaffles puts up an updating post.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 05, 2017, 11:02:00 am »

What if we drop the hollow caltrops from our drone, and when the truck crashes (or otherwise stops) we pretend to be a concerned citizen, arriving to render aid while using knockout-filled injector rings? It's not like we're on some wanted list, and even if someone questions us we can just flash one of our IDs and use our vastly superior intellect to convince bystanders we're legit.

Of course, should the caltrops fail, we could do the thing with the standing and the mask and everything, but if we can manage to subdue the personnel without alerting anyone else, what's to stop us from just driving the truck back to the garage lab and taking everything?
Okay, we convince everybody we're legit. Then we drive the truck to where it's definitely not supposed to go. Through the CCTV cameras and everything. The next day, the exhibit still hasn't arrived. Witnesses know what we look like because we didn't use a mask.

So I'm -1ing this unless it's improved further. There are ways to improve this plan I've noticed.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 05, 2017, 12:25:18 pm »

Actually how do we plan to sell stolen arts once/if we've stolen it? we can't exactly just post it up on Ebay can we?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 05, 2017, 01:40:42 pm »

Other than that (and spending precious time creating a crossbow), I +1 Fallacy's plan.
+1

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 05, 2017, 07:03:22 pm »

Okay, we convince everybody we're legit. Then we drive the truck to where it's definitely not supposed to go. Through the CCTV cameras and everything. The next day, the exhibit still hasn't arrived. Witnesses know what we look like because we didn't use a mask.

So I'm -1ing this unless it's improved further. There are ways to improve this plan I've noticed.
+1 to -1 to whatever involves showing our face as obviously being involved in the heist. Better to just wait for the next chance and have some robots/drones ready to do it all remotely...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 05, 2017, 07:22:47 pm »

Actually how do we plan to sell stolen arts once/if we've stolen it? we can't exactly just post it up on Ebay can we?
Most art is just ransomed back, but this probably isn't worth enough. So we'll probably just hang it up in our garage.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 06, 2017, 01:44:30 pm »

~

I can't really think of anything to offer to improve it, so... yeah. Getting too personal in the heist is probly a poor idea.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2017, 09:35:36 am »

PTW
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2017, 12:16:00 am »

We'll deal with the art when we have it.  For now, we pretending to be concerned is out of the question because:
A) unpopular. 
B) Risky.  This is why I was asking about the climate.  If it was cold/wintry to some degree, we could probably pull off wearing a balaclava and being a concerned citizen.  Without, we're dead in the water. 

For now, concentrate on 1)getting the vehicle off the road.  2) Breaking the lock.  3) not getting caught or killed.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Crownariam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:58 am »

PTW

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2017, 03:39:17 pm »

Or we could just gas the whole district with hallucinogens...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2017, 07:00:03 pm »

We would need a gas mask and it wouldnt affect CCTV also where the hell are we going to get so much hallucinogens without being traced.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2017, 09:36:43 pm »

You know if we could gas an entire district we wouldn't be raiding a small time art truck.

EDIT: Lets go with the Caltrops and venom launcher idea since we already have the resources to do it and not get caught.

also sorry if I offend any one with my earlier post I had just got done working six hours in freezing rain.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:24:15 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30