Poll

A or B?

A
- 2 (22.2%)
B
- 7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: You are an Independent Scientist! (Nov 12, 2016)  (Read 36776 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Independent Scientist!
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2016, 12:38:39 am »

Let's attempt to contact the Drug Cartel, we'll explain our science skills to their leader, and offer to make them high-quality narcotics to sell, in exchange for 25% of the profits made. We'll also show their leader our more, destructive, inventions and offer to increase the efficiency of their weapons in exchange for more money. This is much safer than selling narcotics ourselves, it will get us a new contact, and soon we'll have the money to purchase the parts to assemble a SuperComputer and a Laboratory worthy of our staggering Intellect.

Failing that, let's try to find out how to make fake ID's, if that ignorant cretin can make them, so can we!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2016, 01:10:47 am »

Let's attempt to contact the Drug Cartel, we'll explain our science skills to their leader, and offer to make them high-quality narcotics to sell, in exchange for 25% of the profits made. We'll also show their leader our more, destructive, inventions and offer to increase the efficiency of their weapons in exchange for more money. This is much safer than selling narcotics ourselves, it will get us a new contact, and soon we'll have the money to purchase the parts to assemble a SuperComputer and a Laboratory worthy of our staggering Intellect.

Failing that, let's try to find out how to make fake ID's, if that ignorant cretin can make them, so can we!

We'd like to live, thank you very much.

Keep working on the Medical Chemicals.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:21:14 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2016, 02:24:35 am »

Honestly, I think that we were getting too close. It was nice to have the contacts, but really, they were just criminals. I mean, sure, known factors and reminiscing and all that, go back for a reunion after we have built a mind-control device, but I think that we need some time apart to let our relationship mature...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2016, 06:40:22 am »

We'd like to live, thank you very much.

Keep working on the Medical Chemicals.
El hell no -1,  you don't so that with cartels especially if you're one person living in a garage.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:41:58 am by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2016, 08:21:23 am »

Rule One of the Mad Scientist List: I will not risk my person by appearing in person to a potentially deadly meeting. Rather, I will send a body double of some kind, preferably a robot, if available. If a body double is not available, I will work via telepresence robot or representative.

Just dropping this here if anybody wants to improve the cartel action a bit.
~~~
Several years? Well then. There's only one thing left to do. SPEED IT UP.

Increasing the venom's potency isn't a good idea. But maybe making our immune system record it better...

Could we try to find out some way to stimulate our immune system's production of memory cells?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2016, 04:53:03 pm »

Develop the P.A.C-Bot. (Personal Automated Containment), for the transport of items over rough terrain, using pathfinding code programmed on your computer.
Edit: Well, this won't get far without batteries, thanks, Gwolfski.
Work on some battery systems, improving upon charge length and lowering charge time.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:16:32 pm by KiwiOui »
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2016, 05:33:25 pm »

We need a new battery for our buggy.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »

Provide finger-paint to the scorpions. We have already succumbed to the arts, let us share the pain to our cohorts...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2016, 10:28:39 pm »

Take an art class. Learn to paint. See if we can convey hypnotic effects via painting.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2016, 11:59:19 pm »

This morning you had the craziest idea.
To take... art class. Euugh. You shutter at the mere concept. Art isn't science! It doesn't deserve to be in your mind! You refuse to even pretend to respect the arts one more time!

After finishing that internal rant, you actually get up and start to consider more ideas. How about a new computer OS?
Well, that's actually really, really hard. You can't just program in a day your own OS that can do everything. You need to have specific ideas in mind to implement into the OS. As much as you would like to make an actual full-fledged operating system, that's kind of out of your scope right now.

Onto world domination improvement. The idea of messing with the cartels is quickly discarded, so you just resign to getting some more work done with the medical chemicals. By the late afternoon, you finish up your work for the day. You're steadily making progress, but this is actually really tedious work. You're worried there could be more projects requiring work like this in the future. Perhaps you should look into some way of getting more effective man hours. Whether it's through others helping you or some science-related thing, anything would help.

But before you leave the university lab, you want to consider one more thing - the immune system. There's got to be a way to allow quicker and more effective operation regarding immunization to new objects. You spend some time theorizing, and think you have a possible solution. It comes back to the medical chemicals - some more work on a booster for the existing medical chemicals would allow them to also drastically boost one's immune system.
It'd require a decent amount of work and you'd have to finish the medical chemicals first, but it's a start.
Also, you really want to rename medical chemicals. It's such an awful phrase.

Back at the garage, you consider battery experimentation. The thought stemmed off of you noticing your poor cannibalized buggy lying in the corner, but it's a valid one regardless. Kind of. You're actually not sure what it is. You were originally thinking of buying a battery, but then that thought morphed into some vague idea at the tip of your tongue. Were you going to buy a battery and try to modify it? Make your own with bought parts? Salvaged parts?
It's there, in your mind, you just gotta find it.

Before you go to bed, you give your scorpions some finger paint in an effort to evenly distribute the burden of the arts. After a couple of hours you now have stinger-painting scorpions.
Congratulations. Their victims will look very decorative.

You harvested 2 ml and sold 2 ml of venom today for $60. The normal.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Makeshift Data Terminal
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:56:51 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2016, 03:27:02 am »

Try to find an abandoned building and harvest the plumbing and electricals. Remember to check that everything is turned off first...
Read the First Post!

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2016, 09:04:57 am »

You know what has a better charge time than a battery, but still isn't gasoline powered? Hydrogen! Set up an electrolysis system at the chemistry table, and build a multipurpose hydrogen fuel cell.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2016, 10:04:47 am »

((Don't worry chief, I think I cracked your code))

Investigate who exactly is buying our venom.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2016, 11:01:48 am »

You know what has a better charge time than a battery, but still isn't gasoline powered? Hydrogen! Set up an electrolysis system at the chemistry table, and build a multipurpose hydrogen fuel cell.
+1 to this and investgating who's buying the venom.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2016, 11:03:59 am »

+1 to this and investgating who's buying the venom.
+1 to all of the above.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30