Poll

A or B?

A
- 2 (22.2%)
B
- 7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: You are an Independent Scientist! (Nov 12, 2016)  (Read 36747 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Independent Scientist!
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:50 pm »

Build the "QuadChopper"
+1 but lets not harm a dog, stray dogs are rare there looked after.
But stray cats are every where, use one of them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2016, 03:25:54 pm »

Build the "QuadChopper"
+1 but lets not harm a dog, stray dogs are rare there looked after.
But stray cats are every where, use one of them.
Fat chance, cats are smart: a cat would run away as soon as it heard the quad's noise.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:27:48 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2016, 03:27:18 pm »

plus cats are too thin. We need something around the size of a dog to make sure it'll work. We could also apply some venom to the blades so if the knives don't kill him he'll still die.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »

+1 to dog test subject. No way we'll be able to catch a cat with something as noisy as a helicopter
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:17 pm »

wait how hard would it be to find a hobo around here? why both with animal testing if we can skip straight to the meaty, screamy, humany part.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »

+1 to suggesting the gang member to use poison.

However, I'm against human testing: let's avoid unnecessary attention from the police.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:35:59 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2016, 03:39:23 pm »

However, I'm against human testing: let's avoid unnecessary attention from the police.
This. A human body means an investigation.  We don't need that kind of shit
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »

After this the thread should be renamed to "You are an Independent MAD Scientist!"

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2016, 04:43:59 pm »

You start off the bright and cheery morning by doing the same thing you do as always! Scavenging dumpsters and the dump for parts! Science!
You can't really find any computers in the trash. You bet that the only real way to find one is through purchasing one or other less legal means. But the fire extinguisher is pretty easy - they're fairly common in salvageable form. It's expired, but that shouldn't interfere with your plans. Probably.

Now, for the QuadChopper. The hardest part is the DIY kit. 2.5kg is far above most consumer quadcopters. Ultimately, you find one for a whopping $250, then purchase the camera, motor, and knifes for $80. Sure, that completely nullifies the money you just made yesterday, but hey, Science stops for nobody! Oh yeah, and you also have to pay $10 for some metal since you don't have any scrap metal at the moment. Aand $15 for the wiring along with 1 electronic scrap.

Once back at the garage, you start assembling your completely non-suspicious array of items. Motor goes here, wiring goes here, knives go here, electronics go he-Wait, no, here. Casing goes here.
So on and so forth. Eventually you've reached the point where you think it's done. Time to go out and test your killing machine on a stray dog like a normal person!

...After cleaning the blood off of the blades and a bit off of your face and hands, you take a moment to reflect on the results. Overall, it looks great. The drone managed to kill the dog quite effectively - and if it didn't, it still would have done serious damage. But it could not divide the body in two - the bones are simply too strong for the combined effort of the knives and motor. But it's still quite gruesome. Durability looks good as well. It was able to fly away (with a bit of effort getting it out) after attacking its target, and suffered no visible damage.

The problem, however, is controlling it. You were able to pull off the tests by essentially operating it at the quadcopter itself. You don't have a phone and the camera needs a wi-fi network to connect to. You could buy a $200 phone to interface with the camera, or find another way of viewing the camera feed. But then there's still the issue with the camera itself. Sure, if you keep the drone in range of a wi-fi network which is either unsecured or that you know the password to, it works, but that's a very unreliable method.

You harvested 2 ml of Venom today. Like yesterday, you just leave it in storage. 1 ml of Venom expired today again. You consider doing something about this.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Makeshift Data Terminal
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:09:44 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2016, 05:04:27 pm »

Standing orders: desiccate and stockpile any venom that isn't sold.

Contact the gang's second and tell him that we've completed his order. Offer him a dose of poison to be placed between the blades just to guarantee the boss' demise. Tell him that he can operate the drone visually, but he can aim better using the camera if he can connect to a secured wifi.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2016, 07:36:45 pm »

Encourage Scorpion Breeding.

Enquire with the gangster about the availability and costs of false identification and professional credentials.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2016, 07:39:12 pm »

Begin to look into making nitroglycerin, buying small amounts of normally legal nitrates, glycerin and sulfuric acid.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2016, 08:04:06 pm »

Ponder the feasibility of making and selling Illegal Narcotic Substances for funds.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »

Encourage Scorpion Breeding.

Enquire with the gangster about the availability and costs of false identification and professional credentials.
+1

Ponder the feasibility of making and selling Illegal Narcotic Substances for funds.
-1 That would raise our visibility too much - in a bad way.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2016, 08:59:31 pm »

Find Some Rubber Tubing and "Borrow" Some Gasoline from Cars that are just sitting around, Filling the Fire Extinguisher with it in the Possess.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30