Poll

A or B?

A
- 2 (22.2%)
B
- 7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: You are an Independent Scientist! (Nov 12, 2016)  (Read 36763 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: You are an Independent Scientist!
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2016, 03:32:45 am »

Find Some Rubber Tubing and "Borrow" Some Gasoline from Cars that are just sitting around, Filling the Fire Extinguisher with it in the Possess.
Why not borrow a whole car?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2016, 04:00:50 am »

Why not avoid unnecessary petty crimes altogether?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2016, 06:21:52 am »

Is stealing a car a petty crime? I thought it was grand theft
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2016, 06:32:56 am »

It's a crime, and since it's not for !!SCIENCE!! or anything it's still petty... so yes, grand theft is a petty crime.

Now, if we were in need of one to turn it into a time machine or a flying car, then it'd be perfectly justified.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:36:04 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2016, 06:36:46 am »

Stealing a car is actually a felony. But whatever, we still shouldn't "borrow" any more than we have to
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2016, 07:04:55 am »

Peltier Heat Pump (Cooling Device)
Correction: under power it quickly transfers heat form one side to the other, working as both a cooling and a heating device; if placed between a warm and a cold place it'll generate electricity.

I'm just mentioning this so the Bay12ers are aware, who knows what !!SCIENCE!! can occur to these minds from such tidbits?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2016, 07:14:03 pm »

You organize a meeting with the second-in-command, bringing the QuadChopper with you. Upon seeing it, he smiles, stifling a laugh. He tells you that he doesn't need any venom for it, but he'll let you know once it's done and pay you then. You agree, handing over the QuadChopper. Before he leaves, you ask him about false credentials. He seems to think for a bit, then tells you he'll send something to you later today. You both depart the area.

Back at the garage, you encourage the scorpions to, well, breed. After a fair bit of coercing, you think you got them to do it. Now it's a matter of waiting a month. Now, about nitroglycerin.
The act of making nitroglycerin is easy. Simple, really. But the problem is safety and actually making large amounts of it. You could probably safely make small amounts - in the milliliters - of it, but any more without actual equipment dedicated to manufacturing it, and you may accidently blow yourself up.
Regardless. You spend $40 on the necessary (legal!) chemicals, then very carefully mix them together in your lab, getting 1 ml of Nitroglycerin.

Now you spend your spare time siphoning borrowing gas from cars, filling up your fire extinguisher with it. 100% safe. No safety hazards here, no sir. Gas in a fire extinguisher? Absolutely no problem with that.

Once all this is done, you take a trip to the library to see if the second-in-command has made the news.
Yup. Yuuup.
You're very proud of the QuadChopper from what you can see in the news footage.

Before you head home, you check your email account you created at the library. You find a message from the second-in-command, detailing a location. You head there and find a small package. In it you find...
A fake military ID card, a fake University ID card, and a fake government ID card.
Wow. They all have your name (whatever it is) on it as well as your picture. The military and government ones probably aren't particularly high access or whatever it is they use to denote security and authorization levels. All three explicitly depict you as a scientist.

You also find a note.
"Consider this your payment. We shouldn't meet again, and you shouldn't contact any of our members."
Huh.

You harvested 2 ml of Venom today, sold 3 ml of Venom for $60, and turn the other 3 ml of Venom into 3 ml of Powdered Venom.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Makeshift Data Terminal
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2016, 07:23:56 pm »

Oh shit, we just lost a huge avenue of income. On the other hand, these fake ID's could help us get some new contacts. Try snooping around the university science lab if we have access to it. Maybe we can make a few new friends and/or find some stuff that they won't miss.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2016, 07:44:11 pm »

Damn, how dares he spurn us like that? On the other hand, it might have been for the best - that last project ended up in the news, and we don't really want to be linked to it... Well, life goes on!
Use the university lab to work on the Medical Chemicals. Use some junior or sophomore students to handle the menial part of the research, collect raw data, etc. and log their lab hours with their teachers, but don't let them access the fundamentals - we don't want someone publishing a paper on something we intend to patent.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2016, 09:20:40 pm »

Yikes, burned... Well, there goes my plan for slowly establishing a fake medical centre front and using it to obtain radioactive materials from legal channels... Still, these should be useful...

The G.M. is getting tired of researching scorpions. Lesser insanities might see this as reason to avoid the little critters, but I see this as all the more reason to convert them into a fictional race of highly-intelligent underlings with which to collaborate!

Still, it is a tiny bit early to be creating new civilisations, so... Rocket-skates?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2016, 10:24:23 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2016, 06:21:26 pm »

You spend the day at the university, doing a variety of things. The first thing you discover are the glorious university labs. You can use them, but trying to get your own or reserve one would probably draw too much scrutiny on your background. As far as you know, your fake IDs should work as long as someone doesn't get too curious - you're pretty sure your information isn't recorded in the university records, so if a higher-up tries to look you up, you may be doomed.

You can't really immediately think of a way to get students to do labwork. At the moment you're not aware of a method to officially get students helping you, and unofficially would require convincing or coercing the students themselves to help you.
So you work on the medical chemicals yourself. The day passes by as you methodically conduct trials and experiment with different chemicals and methods. You get some progress done on the chemicals, but you're still not ready to conclude the project by the time you leave the university. You're getting closer, you can feel it.

Before you head out, you do some snooping and socializing. The two things that naturally go together. It looks like you have access to the local computers, all their lab equipment (as previously discovered), and some more miscellaneous science-y stuff. You also have access to the cafeteria and snacks. Which is amazing, needless to say. You find some professors and others to talk with. Most of them are fairly standard and boring, but you meet about two more agreeable professors. One covers Physics, while the other covers Chemistry. Of course, you're much more intelligent then them, but they're closer to you than most people. When talking about your less... illegal, projects, they act fairly interested and are otherwise good people.

There's not much else to observe as you walk back to the garage to get a good night's sleep.

You harvested and sold 1 ml of Venom today for $20.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Makeshift Data Terminal
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2016, 06:50:05 pm »

I guess lets keep up the lab research and maybe see if there's any extra computer parts in a closet or something we can snag for further research.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2016, 08:26:57 pm »

Construct an automated feeder for the scorpions, in case you find some really important piece of science that requires constant attention for several weeks.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2016, 08:28:28 pm »

Construct an automated feeder for the scorpions, in case you find some really important piece of science that requires constant attention for several weeks.

I think the roach motel already does this

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30