Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (IC Thread) [Unknown Wanderers]  (Read 13625 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (IC Thread) [Glorious Beginnings]
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2016, 04:30:23 pm »

"It almost sounds like you're letting personal feelings cloud your judgement..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »

"Or," Ghamina used the tone or voice reserved for particularly dense children, "I just have experience enough of that poison place."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2016, 06:30:45 pm »

"Ok, so let's say we're not goin' for the Sultan's aid for now. Does anyone think that Evreux is a nest of poison vipers?"
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2016, 06:55:06 pm »

Diane shrugs.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2016, 08:00:58 pm »

"Ah, well. I hope that I can trust on you and your sources, Seraphina. I'm certain that they will be very useful in the future."

"In my, ah, personal opinion I see no reason to distrust the Sultan at the moment. He might be a valuable ally and, well, I have not met him yet. It would not be fair to judge him without any evidence. But, of course, if you have something which to relate to us about the Sultan I would be happy to hear about it. Any scrap of information will be useful before we begin our journey."

-snip-

"Hey. Who said anything about testing anyone? Not my problem if you're in denial. Orsino knows better than to stick around and quickly relocates to the other side of the group, as far away from Diane as possible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2016, 08:14:27 pm »

"Cute."
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2016, 08:59:33 pm »

"Alright, you two are coming with me," Orsino says to Bori and Ava after tapping them on the shoulder to get their attention. "After we get moving you'll be scouting head, buying supplies and finding lodgings for the night. Got it?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »

"Alright, sounds good."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2016, 10:52:45 am »

"As long as you're the ones payin'. Nobody get assassinated while we're gone."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:05:23 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (IC Thread) [Unknown Wanderers]
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2016, 07:54:14 pm »

Meanwhile, in the Kingdom of Aen:

"For your sake I would hope that your plan succeeds, my son. If you wanted to waste your patrimony you could at least have waited until I was dead."

"Hah! But it is certainly an ambitious scheme. If I was a younger man then I would want nothing more than to fight by your side."

"Thank you, father. The Sultan will not know what hit him. Either I'll seize his gold mines or plunder his countryside. No matter happens what our armies will be well-paid while he will struggle to keep men from deserting."

"However I'm worried about some rumours I've been hearing from the men. Something about a man claiming to be Prince Ja-"

"Bah, foul rumours, nothing more. The merchants always grumble about the taxes they pay and the peasants are no better. It is no wonder that they talk about this false prince, as if he's some kind of messiah. After the war is over they will realize their foolishness for what it is. I saw the Prince's body with my own two eyes at his funeral. Any man claiming to be Jan is a charlatan and nothing more."

"I will deal with these rumours, my son. Do not let them worry you. Instead prove to me that you can win this war which you have started."

"If you do not then some stray rumours will be the least of your worries."

"Of course, father. I understand and will do you proud. You have my word."

Chapter 1: Unknown Wanderers

Prince Jan and his group hired mercenaries head out from Alife at first light, crossing the border into Masjay in the middle of the second day. Mile after mile of rugged yet beautiful terrain passes by at an easy pace. With Bori and Ava scouting ahead of the party they make good time, with warm beds and hot food provided wherever they spend the night. The few guards and soldiers that they encounter are obviously suspicious of the group, unsurprising given how well armed everyone is and the ongoing war between Aen and Masjay. However Ovidio produces the correct papers and safe-passages at each checkpoint and so the guards have no choice but to let them through. With how easily the trip is progressing, hiring bodyguards for this portion almost seems over-cautious and laughable. Almost.

"We've got company behind us! We need to get moving!" Orsino yells as his horse comes charging up behind the party. He deftly jumps off of it and joins Ovidio on the wagon, standing up on the edge to scan the road behind them

"What? What's going on?" Despite being shocked out of his reverie, Prince Jan gets the cart moving as quick as it can while he pulls a crossbow out from the back. "Who is behind us? Are we under attack?"

"I don't know! I wasn't about to stop and chat after they tried to put an arrow in me. If we don't lose them in the cliffs ahead you can ask him when they catch up. The bastards were all mounted; they weren't far behind me."

"Yes, yes, but how do we know that they are specifically out to attack us? This could simply be a misunderstanding or-" Jan is suddenly interrupted by an arrow landing into the road ahead, shot by some unseen yet overenthusiastic assailant lurking in the rugged terrain.

"Or they could have been planning to ambush us from the start."

"I see. Well. Yes. We'll have to try and break through the enemy ahead. We don't have the time to turn the wagon around."

"Forward, everyone! Keep the road as clear as possible for the wagon. I will, ah, provide a bonus to your pay if we manage to survive this."

1st Player Phase

Spoiler: Enemy Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:13:54 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2016, 08:04:39 pm »

"Bandits? Or enemies after you already, Prince Jan?"
Quietly, she measured her estimation of the portly merchant. She didn't believe he was a prince (though she supposed the other nobles she'd encountered had been fat too) but if people had been sent to kill him already someone must have. Or it was just many of the bandits she'd heard plagued the roads of the nations.
"Oh, yes, all of you. You might notice I have no weapon. Protect me, if you would. I can sing, and you'll find yourselves refreshed."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (IC Thread) [Unknown Wanderers]
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2016, 08:12:06 pm »

"I didn't think they'd throw a party when I came back here. You don't think they brought dessert?"

Were they even in Masjay yet? This wasn't the way that she remembered her family had gone when they had left (or fled, perhaps) to Alife. She decided it didn't matter.

In the here and now, she eyed the narrow path ahead, deciding she didn't like the look of it, and made her way slightly to the west instead.

J-16.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:13:52 pm by Gaterhyme »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »

L-15

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2016, 08:37:04 pm »

"... You'd think they'd have better things to do then pick a fight in this heat." Taukek says with a deep exhale, wiping the sweat off his forehead with a hand as he peers ahead. "So be it." He says after a moment, a shift of his body communicating his intentions to Si, who with a coil and spring of her powerful leg muscles launched into the air. The beat of heavy wings whipping up dust from the ground as Taukek surveyed the forces arrayed before before them as they sailed forward, at his urging they landed behind a ridge, hidden from the arrows of the enemy forces.

Move to H16

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2016, 09:07:41 pm »

Karima pressed up against the cliff as Taukek landed somewhat nearby. She squinted up at the soldiers in the distance, then chuckled, tome under one arm and fire flickering at her fingertips.

"I'd say this is one of the times where not wearing a shirt pays off, but you're going to have a nasty burn by the time we make camp tonight."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16