Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32235 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2016, 07:25:14 am »

>"Well, can't be counting our chickens too early. He knew more than us, and I won't be surprised if he knew about us. So question is, what kind of battle this will be, and if he can cover his own chinks."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2016, 07:51:41 am »

>"Well, can't be counting our chickens too early. He knew more than us, and I won't be surprised if he knew about us. So question is, what kind of battle this will be, and if he can cover his own chinks."
"True, he is like us just under a different master. Likely he is here entirely to scout, then he will report back to his comrades and make his own battle plan. The winning move would be to kill him now, as he is still gathering useful information by talking. He will attack in a blitz after several probing attacks, with allies also attacking. Any fight he fully commits to he will believe will end in utter slaughter of the opposition. The only saving grace is that his pride will likely rankle at using anyone of his own power to win.

If he attacks first we loose, if we catch him in a probe then we will likely win."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2016, 08:49:00 am »

Ryuto picks one of the sharper, spikier knives that looks like it'd hurt both the wielder and the victim.
"How much for this one?"
The man looks at him very, very strangely. "... Same price."
"Some sort of booster for innate abilities?"
The old man stretches, and waves his arms, before a metal gauntlet appears in front of him. "We don't carry many of these. They're powerful, but it will cost you."
"What is it, and how much is it?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2016, 08:51:06 am »

"I apologize for startling you; I am simply trying to move as quickly as possible. And this is getting exhausting. Now, have you gotten your tomes yet?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2016, 08:58:06 am »

Ryuto passes over the gold.
"H-hey, uh...by the way, are you okay?"
She takes it gratefully. "Someone just came here, copied two of our weapons, and didn't even pay half-price."
Ryuto picks one of the sharper, spikier knives that looks like it'd hurt both the wielder and the victim.
"How much for this one?"
The man looks at him very, very strangely. "... Same price."
"Some sort of booster for innate abilities?"
The old man stretches, and waves his arms, before a metal gauntlet appears in front of him. "We don't carry many of these. They're powerful, but it will cost you."
"What is it, and how much is it?"
"Magic enhancers. Put your mana through that, it comes out more refined."
"I apologize for startling you; I am simply trying to move as quickly as possible. And this is getting exhausting. Now, have you gotten your tomes yet?"
He groans loudly. "I already fucking said I don't need them..."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2016, 09:00:37 am »

Ryuto frowns.
"Huh. What did they look like? M-maybe I can get some money back for you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 29, 2016, 09:51:47 am »

"I had been wondering, do you sell any defensive amulets or the like here?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 29, 2016, 09:57:35 am »

"And how much is it?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2016, 10:07:12 am »

"Thank you."
She picks up a pair of reinforced gauntlets and looks around for light armor while she's at it, since the store seemed to carry armor as well.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #279 on: September 29, 2016, 10:19:19 am »

"Perhaps not, but they would be assistance, no? Otherwise you wouldn't have attempted to obtain them, and would not be irritable at being unsuccessful. Unless the reason for your lack of success is irking you more, of course."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 29, 2016, 04:10:27 pm »

"Hm... I'm afraid we only deal in ballistics..."

"Aye, then customs it is. How quick could you make some kind of... weakness-inducing slug, and how much for it?" (Can we lower CON by debuff?)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 29, 2016, 05:29:57 pm »

Sera approaches the shopkeeper. "Excuse me, sir. Would you have any items that could be of aid in combat?" she says politely.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 29, 2016, 07:55:21 pm »

Ryuto frowns.
"Huh. What did they look like? M-maybe I can get some money back for you."
"Nah. I'd rather not make any fuss. What's done is done, I guess..."
"I had been wondering, do you sell any defensive amulets or the like here?"
"Some. Anything in particular you are looking for?"
"And how much is it?"
"100 gold."
"Thank you."
She picks up a pair of reinforced gauntlets and looks around for light armor while she's at it, since the store seemed to carry armor as well.
There is quite a bit of armor in the store, from knightly-looking suits to barbaric hides.
"Perhaps not, but they would be assistance, no? Otherwise you wouldn't have attempted to obtain them, and would not be irritable at being unsuccessful. Unless the reason for your lack of success is irking you more, of course."
"Look, if I buy the book, will you piss the fuck off?"
"Aye, then customs it is. How quick could you make some kind of... weakness-inducing slug, and how much for it?" (Can we lower CON by debuff?)
"Hm... I think we have something like that somewhere... a moment." He goes into the other room, again (Nope.)
Sera approaches the shopkeeper. "Excuse me, sir. Would you have any items that could be of aid in combat?" she says politely.
"Yes we do. Anything specific?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 29, 2016, 07:59:38 pm »

Allum looks rather upset in his bubble.
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #284 on: September 29, 2016, 08:08:24 pm »

"I'm simply trying to offer you assistance. Save your anger for your enemies." With that, Nobunaga turned around with another flourish of his cape - though he didn't shukuchi away again, simply walking off with a confident stride. He heads back toward where the rival "king" had appeared.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:04:00 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40