Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32109 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2016, 08:55:00 pm »

With a start, a small young man in white armor wakes up.

...directly behind a certain deity's chair, totally out of view.

".....Wha?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:33:02 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2016, 09:04:35 pm »

Harmony claps their hands. "I see you all seem to be enjoying eachother's company quite a bit. That is very good, but we do have a war to win. Are you all ready?"
"Yes I am ready"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2016, 09:06:59 pm »

Stealthily, like a master ninja, the young man pokes his head out from behind the big chair.
Everyone can blatantly see the foot-long plumes sticking out from it, but he doesn't seem to realize they still exist, and he watches them.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07:48 pm »

Mir waves at head plume guy.

"Hiii!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:55 pm »

Head plume immediately retracts his head, but the plumes are still a little visible.

"Who are you people?!"
Black lives matter.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2016, 09:55:17 pm »

Nagisa raises a hand-shaped tendril upward so everyone could see it.
"Oh, I know what those are! People loved them so much in my world they uploaded themselves into one."

She realized a while ago that these people were from wildly different worlds, so leaping into discussion about it wasn't too jarring.

"Oh no, you misunderstand. They don't have bodies anymore. Everyone left the world behind, and the rest of us got left behind. It was a mess."

She produces a few more tendrils from her back and makes sock puppets with them.

"These things, they're pretty normal. Most new births started getting them after some point. Much less finnicky than arms."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2016, 09:56:35 pm »

Nobunaga opens one eye, then both, and turns to face the strange... woman? He mumbles something about "youkai," seeming somewhere between interested and nervous.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2016, 11:00:06 pm »

The armored warrior and the brooding youth stare at the boy for a moment, before Harmony speaks up.

"It is time, then. Now - good luck, Champions. Await further instructions on the other side." They snap their fingers, and -

- You all seem to be in front of what looks to be a small, rustic village. It seems almost picturesque. It seems to be pretty well-populated. For a village, anyway. Suddenly, you hear Harmony's voice resounding through your head.

I see you all made it. I have arranged for you to all be given 100 gold each. With this, you may purchase basic equipment. I would create powerful items for you myself, but unfortunately resisting Discord's influence on the world makes that a difficult prospect. After you are finished shopping, I will guide you all to where you need to go." Right on cue, a nervous-looking man goes over and deposits a large, clinking bag, before leaving.

There are a number of shops open for business; some you wouldn't even think of even existing in this place, like stores for guns and exotic weaponry.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2016, 12:10:38 am »

Nobunaga immediately sets about searching for either swords or magic trinkets.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2016, 12:53:07 am »

John slips away nearly invisibly, looking for a magic store for scrolls, wands and runes.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2016, 01:09:03 am »

>Quaint.<
"Eeh? Where are we now?"
>Just buy me something sharp. I'll handle the fighting since you're too limp-wristed to.<
Ryuto closes his eyes and sighs exasperatedly.

Then he goes to find a place that sells knives.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2016, 01:46:17 am »

Nagisa obtusely stares at the gold. It's the first time in decades money had been presented with any value, so she wasn't quite sure what to make of this.

Then, eyeing her shotgun, Nagisa quips that no war can be fought without ammo, and barrels into the nearest gun store with her 100G in tow, especially on the lookout for special ammo, or perhaps some kind of magic that could be turned into shotgun ammo, whatever it's worth.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2016, 04:12:13 am »

"How very... Generous."
Obito heads off to find a piece of armor that would easily fit over her current clothes and something to aid her in punching people's faces in. Reinforced gauntlets? Knuckledusters? Whatever's cheapest.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2016, 04:32:58 am »

Startled at the sudden transportation, the youth falls over. As he gets up he looks wildly around at all the people nearby.

"Nobody answered my question...!"
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2016, 04:38:18 am »

Nobunaga immediately sets about searching for either swords or magic trinkets.
Nobunaga seems to have a choice between a generic-fantasy-looking weapon shop, complete with a sign with a sword on it at the front, or what looks to be a purplish tent, seemingly decorated with astrological symbols. Or he could try the eastern-looking foreign weapons store...
John slips away nearly invisibly, looking for a magic store for scrolls, wands and runes.
He slips under the tent, inside of which he sees a hunched, cloaked figure, bearded and with a crooked posture - a stereotypical wizard. He seems to be in a heated conversation with the youth.
>Quaint.<
"Eeh? Where are we now?"
>Just buy me something sharp. I'll handle the fighting since you're too limp-wristed to.<
Ryuto closes his eyes and sighs exasperatedly.

Then he goes to find a place that sells knives.
Ryuto walks into the weapon shop, seeing a large, bearded man on what looks to be a wooden wheelchair. Behind him is a selection of medieval-looking weaponry. The man seemingly scoffs at Ryuto's admittedly scrawny appearance.

The armored fellow from before also seems to be there, staring at the offered weaponry.
Nagisa obtusely stares at the gold. It's the first time in decades money had been presented with any value, so she wasn't quite sure what to make of this.

Then, eyeing her shotgun, Nagisa quips that no war can be fought without ammo, and barrels into the nearest gun store with her 100G in tow, especially on the lookout for special ammo, or perhaps some kind of magic that could be turned into shotgun ammo, whatever it's worth.
Opening the door to the dimly-lit gun store, Nagisa would find her sense of smell (if she still had one) overloaded with the scent of sulfur. The room she's in seems to be rather cramped, the smell coming from a door near the back. "May I be of assistance?" The owner looks positively vampiric.
"How very... Generous."
Obito heads off to find a piece of armor that would easily fit over her current clothes and something to aid her in punching people's faces in. Reinforced gauntlets? Knuckledusters? Whatever's cheapest.
She has the choice between the eastern and western weapon shop.
Startled at the sudden transportation, the youth falls over. As he gets up he looks wildly around at all the people nearby.

"Nobody answered my question...!"
Fredrich looms over him. "Did you not hear what that so-called Deity said, tiny one?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40