Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32087 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2016, 05:15:20 pm »

"I agree, learning one another's strengths and weaknesses, how we function as a team is very important. Your 'Memento' as it is called is interesting, what does it do other than stand around menacingly?"

<Memento is a new variable, a new interesting variable. This boy should be recruited.>
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2016, 05:20:29 pm »

Ryuto fidgets slightly, keeping his taser hidden.
"Is that, like....a Stand or something? What's Freyja?"
>Fancy magic crap. Tch. Nothing like a good pair of hands to rip the bastards to shreds, that's what I think.<
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:22:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2016, 05:24:23 pm »

"For starters, it has a gun. It fires."
He pauses for a moment.
"I think it's also protecting me somehow, not just with the gun and shield, I seemed to be able to take more than a few hits as well after I got it."

"What's a Stand? I'd have called it a Persona but friendship ain't really working out for me right now. Or Tarots for that. Freyja was the lady who was there when first arrived there, she seems to help me control my Memento, and has been keeping me company all this time."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2016, 05:25:55 pm »

".....or a Persona. Let's call it that. Yeah. Okay. So....a superhero and a video game character. That's.....pretty cool."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »

"Do not worry. They will be taken care of in your absence. If you wish, you may simply ask and I will show you how they are doing."
"That will be fine, then."
The woman nods, though her tone hasn't changed much.

That said, she turns to the group, and raises an eyebrow.
"...It appears I missed something important. Can any of you clue me in on what this," she gestures vaguely at the Memento, "Is about?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »

"I'd like to know myself. I got transported to another world, one before this, and well, I gained that. I'd say it's like a generic JRPG plot, but those normally have more people in them, and they don't involve me getting dragged out to another world."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2016, 05:47:35 pm »

"...Jay-ar-pee-gee?"
The word is obviously unfamiliar, and based on the tone it's rather clear the woman hasn't the slightest clue what it's meant to mean.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2016, 05:53:20 pm »

"It's a kind of game, nevermind that, it's not important. So how about you? What can you do?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2016, 05:57:38 pm »

"I'd like to know myself. I got transported to another world, one before this, and well, I gained that. I'd say it's like a generic JRPG plot, but those normally have more people in them, and they don't involve me getting dragged out to another world."
Mir has been paying attention to that guy ever since they said video game.

"Like a videogame?  Cool!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2016, 05:58:46 pm »

Harmony claps their hands. "I see you all seem to be enjoying eachother's company quite a bit. That is very good, but we do have a war to win. Are you all ready?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2016, 06:03:48 pm »

"...hm. Was this a tactical meeting that you were having, then? Trying to figure out each others abilities?"
She shakes her head.
"I suppose it doesn't matter. Regardless, my own abilities are rather varied and we apparently must get going."
Harmony claps their hands. "I see you all seem to be enjoying eachother's company quite a bit. That is very good, but we do have a war to win. Are you all ready?"
Obito nods.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2016, 06:04:37 pm »

Nobunaga folds his arms and nods confidently, eyes closed.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2016, 07:20:15 pm »

"Can we get an infodump of eachothers' abilities or something?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2016, 08:48:41 pm »

Nagisa raises a hand-shaped tendril upward so everyone could see it.
"Oh, I know what those are! People loved them so much in my world they uploaded themselves into one."

She realized a while ago that these people were from wildly different worlds, so leaping into discussion about it wasn't too jarring.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2016, 08:54:55 pm »

"Guess that makes you farther into the 'future' than, most of us here then. So those blades are from a game then?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40