Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32089 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2016, 08:55:03 pm »

Nagisa pulls on his hand as hard as she can. Not enough force to toss someone overhead, she isn't quite capable of that, but perhaps enough to dislocate a human arm or a joint. She's not familiar with regular humans.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »

You're not entirely sure what happened after you shook her hand, you think she might have tried to rip your arm off.

When you feel the tug, you quickly relax, your arm pulling you heavily off-balance rather than being pulled out of its socket. That girl ain't normal, big surprise then, guess you ought to be counting your blessings that you aren't normal either, not anymore at least.

>"Gah! What was that for?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2016, 09:06:28 pm »

Nagisa's expression quickly turns to horror.
"Oh... Oh! Sorry! I thought you'd do the same... did I damage your hand? Here, I could try to fix it..."
Several needle-like appendages emerge from the flower on her back, hovering around where her arms are.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2016, 09:21:25 pm »

>Say no to drugs.
You massage your sore shoulder, muttering something about having gone through worse before from things that probably actually meant it. That's not a lie, but probably not the response she's hoping for.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2016, 10:35:48 pm »

The woman didn't miss the looks directed her way. "Now I'm just embarrassing myself." She sighed and stood up, waving her hand and quickly magically expelling any of the water that might have gathered on her. She turned to the person with cat ears.
"So. My name is Mawr Heulen. What is yours?"
"I'm Mir.  Nice to meet you."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:23:46 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2016, 02:18:22 am »

"Um.....d-do you have, uh, hobbies outside doing hero stuff?" Ryuto asks, eager to change the subject.
"Hm. Reading, for one. I used to exercise a lot but I obviously don't need to anymore. ...I need more hobbies."
"Join the club. I, uh, don't have many nowadays either. I used to love playing video games, though. And cooking."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2016, 08:13:44 am »

A taller woman who, until now, has been standing slightly to the side, shakes her head and speaks up.
"...I do not like you nor your methods, Deity of Peace,  but I can't say I would not have done the same in your position. I only have a single question, then. Will you provide me with the means to support my family, directly or otherwise, while I fight for you?"
Her tone is diplomatic, but there's a distinct note of irritation there and, much deeper down, worry.

It's a very expressive tone of voice.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2016, 08:17:04 am »

The blonde-haired man took a step or two toward the large, angry one. "I understand that you may be angry. Judging by your reaction, you must have friends and family, people that you were responsible for protecting; else you'd have little reason to shake with rage at the moment. However, you must look at the benefits of being here; you have the chance to meet and learn from powerful allies and grow your own power, so that you may utilize it to more fully defeat the foes of your own." He nods, as if satisfied with his own lecture. Did I sound like the Crown Prince?
The figure shakes for a moment, before stopping. "You... are right. Yes... I must look on the bright side of this situation. I must move on! Tell me, what is your name, small one?" He stands up straight, crossing his arms.

The dark-clothed youth simply stands to the side, away from everyone else.

The armored fellow seems to be in a state of deep confusion.

A taller woman who, until now, has been standing slightly to the side, shakes her head and speaks up.
"...I do not like you nor your methods, Deity of Peace,  but I can't say I would not have done the same in your position. I only have a single question, then. Will you provide me with the means to support my family, directly or otherwise, while I fight for you?"
Her tone is diplomatic, but there's a distinct note of irritation there and, much deeper down, worry.

It's a very expressive tone of voice.
"Do not worry. They will be taken care of in your absence. If you wish, you may simply ask and I will show you how they are doing."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2016, 11:29:44 am »

"Um.....d-do you have, uh, hobbies outside doing hero stuff?" Ryuto asks, eager to change the subject.
"Hm. Reading, for one. I used to exercise a lot but I obviously don't need to anymore. ...I need more hobbies."
"Join the club. I, uh, don't have many nowadays either. I used to love playing video games, though. And cooking."
"Well, I guess we'll be busy enough soon."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2016, 11:35:18 am »

"Sasaki Nobunaga, student of Taoism. And yours?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2016, 12:20:16 pm »

Ryuto nods in agreement, looking around awkwardly as he walks around.....and accidentally backs into Mawr. He immediately turns around, flailing his hands around.
"W-wah! I'm sorry! Didn't mean to do that!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »

Ryuto bumping into Mawr causes her to stumble back for a moment, but she thickens the water around her foot, halts herself, and manages to stay upright. She sighs and smiles a little.
"It's alright."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2016, 01:57:55 pm »

>Wow, kid. What are you, some harem protagonist? Stumbling around pretty women like that, you'd think you were doing it on purpose.<
>I'd like it if you shut up for a few minutes.<
>I'm fucking bored, bite me! And it's fun to watch you make a damn fool of yourself.<
Ryuto sighs, rubbing the back of his head and looking guiltily at Mawr.
"Yeah, sorry. I....uh....yeah, this whole situation is getting to me. I don't know what's gotten into me today."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2016, 02:28:53 pm »

Mir waves at Ryuto.

"Hi."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2016, 03:07:36 pm »

"Well, you're not the only one, at least. The sudden situation isn't very pleasant for me either."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40