Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 1: Of Kings and Monks  (Read 32058 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: War of the Gods (IC) Chapter 0: Seekers of Light
« Reply #525 on: October 07, 2016, 04:46:09 am »

((Nah it's fine, Fuu-chan will be moved onto Team Kokoro. Slacker'll need to get an icon, but we're waiting for Allum's sheet to be done anyway.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 08, 2016, 08:23:10 am »

Team Kokoro:

You all presumably continue on your way into Kokoro's abode, leaving Mitsurugi and her orange stand behind. Even as you leave, more customers seemingly appear at the same time to replace you. Seems she really does get a strange amount of business there...

... Some time later...

You all arrive at what appears to be a large clearing in the middle of the forest. From where you are, you see what appears to be small, winged children fly about idly, kimono-wearing girls relaxing in the sun, uncovered by foliage, and more girls with simple outfits, seemingly with raccoon-tails and leaves on their heads, drinking from plates.

You had expected magical creatures. This... was not expected.

Despite this, you see a house in the distance. Fredrich stands up. "The surrounding forest spells doom for us, as they may ambush us within their own terrain. We take the direct path!" The sigils on his armor glow quietly, ready for combat.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:51:20 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 08, 2016, 08:27:57 am »

Ryuto looks around, scratching his head.
"Eh? What.....what is this? Are those just....cosplayers? Wait a second...."
He looks suspicious, as if he's seen something not entirely correct.
>They don't smell like humans.<
>Y-you can smell them even though you're not awake?<
>You can tell they're not human either. I don't like this, not one bit. Let me out already!<

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 08, 2016, 10:48:40 am »

Mir sees absolutely nothing wrong with this scenario and waves cheerfully at the people.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 08, 2016, 04:20:39 pm »

>"Well, they've just made it hard to ambush her. Think they're on her bankroll?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 08, 2016, 07:27:04 pm »

Team Thiyr

Valor looks back at the door, closes his eyes, and pushes it open.

You all see a large hallway, almost simple compared to what you expected, with a red carpet in the middle. You can see the throne room from here...

As you step forwards, suddenly, what appears to be zombie-fied knights and guardsmen appear from behind the pillars of the room. Their flesh is rotting in-between their armor. They move far too coordinately to be normal. Perhaps Thiyr is controlling them, then.

"If you must, fight through them - but the main objective is to get to the throne room!"

Battle Start!

Spoiler: Faceless Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Faceless Guard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:35:23 pm by Sl4cker »
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 08, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »

Team Kokoro
You all decide to charge into the battle. The assorted magical creatures (?) seem surprised, but quickly ready themselves for combat.

Battle Start!
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fairies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chochin-Obake (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tanuki (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 08, 2016, 07:43:46 pm »

((Reposting this from the Discord Chat: Bottom half of pillars and trees are impassable and can't be occupied. Top halves of pillars and tree are +2 DEF and +2 SKL. Bushes are +1 DEF and +1 SKL. Roads only take 0.75 movement points to traverse.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 08, 2016, 07:45:27 pm »

((When did we decide to attack, again?  I don't recall doing that.

I don't think anyone wanted to attack except maybe the GMPC.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:47:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #534 on: October 09, 2016, 02:01:04 am »

"Well then, it appears negotiation here won't work. Don't worry about causing them undue harm; these sorts are quite adept at recovering from it."

Move 1 north, 1 east, Seven Star Ray north.

Nobunaga took a few steps forward, then pulled the blade at his side a few inches out of its scabbard. A blinding light lanced forward and toward one of their foes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 09, 2016, 02:28:22 am »

"Alright! I'm going to be setting up a pool on the carpeted aisle near the pillars! That can be the line to set to fight these two things here at, and in a few seconds I can use the pool to strengthen you or heal you; if you intend to take the brunt of combat, I highly suggest you do so at the ground I will be affecting!"
One up, two left, and create Wet tiles on the carpeted squares just south of the pillars.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 09, 2016, 02:47:22 am »

(Do I go next or do we wait on Corsair? Either way I'm going to bed, so Ill post a prospective action.)
Up 23, right 1, ready shield to North.

This puts me on wet tiles, right?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:28:12 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 09, 2016, 03:17:57 am »

Ill have an action this evening on phone so no sheet
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 09, 2016, 04:53:35 am »

"Operation commencing"
John walks up to the pillar in front of him, crouching behind it then gestures to valour using opportunity on him.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 09, 2016, 05:03:02 am »

>Let me out already! These fuckers are going to kill you if you don't. And you know which one of us can fight.<
>....fine. But....you remember our rules, right?<
>Fine, I won't fuck around too much. Killjoy. What makes you think you can cure me anyway?<
>I'm sure they might be able to remove you somehow.<
>Optimistic. I always hated that. Oh well, move aside, kid.<
Ryuto suddenly produces a taser from his pocket, breathing in deeply as he closes his eyes. He awkwardly looks around at everyone, looking as sheepish as anyone could as he steps away from everyone to allow himself space.
"I'm...uh.....really sorry about this."

With a sharp intake of breath, he sticks the taser into his neck, the electrical charge coursing through his body and rendering him limp for a few moments. Ryuto's form staggers around briefly, almost falling over. He shudders, jittering from the electric shock, almost seeming like a puppet with cut strings. His eyes are only half-open, the milky whites of his eyes barely visible between him being hunched over and his jittering.

Then a massive burst of steam issues from his body, obscuring all vision on him as the Beast Cells that comprise his body expand and toughen, muscles and skin expanding and hardening to accommodate his newly augmented structure. The heat caused by this rapid change had evaporated all water in the air around him and on his skin, causing a burst of heat that would knock anyone too close to Ryuto backwards. Luckily, he had bought clothes that could withstand transformation- lest he end up being naked every time he needed to fight.

As the steam begins to vanish, and anyone were to look through the the mist, one would see a massive, hulking creature, far taller than the boy who had entered, rippling muscles barely held in by the clothes he wore before transforming, with droplets of sweat and water vapour from the air sizzling as the remains of the energy used to transform fade away. A glowing green eye flickers through the fog.

The mist fades, as Tatsuya Ogami's vivid green eyes peer through the fading mist and his messy hair dries off the last of the steam. He cracks his knuckles, flashing a violent grin that had too many teeth, too sharp to be human. Indeed, though he was of human shape and appearance, something seemed.....off about him. Very, very off, as if someone had attempted to create a human with knowledge only from masks, caricatures and cartoons. It wasn't as if he looked any different, but somehow he wasn't right.
"Guess who's baaaaaack! It's playtime, ladies and gentlemen! Time for the real show to begin!", he utters in a psychopathic, guttural voice; nothing like the soft, kind voice and register that Ryuto used.

With that, he pounced off, his body poised like a predator on the hunt, a bloodthirsty gleam in his emerald eyes and a bestial snarl issuing from his throat. He had his first target already, after all.

Shame he couldn't just kill her. No, Ryuto insisted on non-lethal takedowns, no matter what, no exceptions ever.

Of course he would, but it still irritated Tatsuya to no end that he could never really let loose. Still, it would be a good challenge for Tatsuya; see how much damage he could inflict without killing his victim. Nothing much interested him, really. Not for a long while.
4 north
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:10:59 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40