Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159312 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the politically incorrect Vampires, Oh my!
« Reply #2925 on: March 14, 2017, 11:36:20 am »

While waiting, the Gang gets introduced to a whole new realm. A whole 'nother Reality beyond the one they are used to, the initial procedure were best left unspoken, as they likely will not remember what terrible thing were done to them in order to enable them to join the Terrans in this other reality than their own. [Though they might find that there's a small metal hole just under the back of their skull once they've exit VR.]

It's.. vast, and quite honestly confusing. The Voice-command doesn't make sense. [What the hell does 'Load Central Square.' even means anyway? why does it takes you to a bigass square?]

And the User Interface are just something that you haven't grown up with. It's like teaching Grandmothers how to use computers, maybe worse, even!

But with the Terran about, they can take the Gaians to whichever pocket they'd like to show them. Bars of every era, fighting Arenas from the Roman era all the way to modern cage fights, seedy lewd pockets and adrenaline-pumping battle sims with scenario and opponents of all thing imaginable and difficulty setting bars that sets from super easy you-are-a-demigod to realistic.

Of course there's also sports of every kind, Zen gardens and sparring arenas.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: March 14, 2017, 11:39:52 am »

"Right, we call this Vee-Arr, and it's why Terrans put up with so much shit. Well, most of us, anyways. It's almost like you're in another place entirely, isn't it? Just like the 'Spirit World', except less shitty."

The squad might find that Mako was a little more talkative here, and wasn't acting as paranoid. She still had a perpetual bored expression, though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.
« Reply #2927 on: March 14, 2017, 11:43:42 am »

Danh isn't there though.
He made it pretty clear he doesn't like VR.
"That shit is for fucking egghead pussies who are scared of real life."
So, he's stayed doing Danh things. Exercising, eating, watching whatever media is entertainingly violent, being angry, sleeping, plotting. Stuff like that.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: March 14, 2017, 11:47:25 am »

He can always interact with people in the VR even though he's in the real world. Using Facetime chat and the likes.

Also his tax return came, it was 350ml bottle of distilled alcohol that he made a while back and got 'taxed' in alcohol for it. That probably-defective-clone Sec guard gave him a big wink when he passed Danh the bottle. It came with a post-it note saying 'Stay out of trouble.'

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: March 14, 2017, 12:02:30 pm »

Danh is unsure if that post-it note means, "don't make more booze" or "make more booze".
He assumes it's make more booze.
Danh sits down on the barrack's couch, and watches something at least somewhat entertaining on the largest available viewing device of the room.
While drinking, of course. Until absolutely shit-faced, and then maybe some more, who knows. Danh certainly doesn't care, this is the first time he's gotten proper alcohol in forever.
He's turned most comms off, set only to receive messages sent directly to him.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: March 14, 2017, 12:42:29 pm »

Khaiden happens upon something that makes him smile.
He walks up to Ratodx
:
"I think it's best if Danh and I settle our differences once and for all. From what I've heard (he's been using voice commands and having stuff read to him by the computer) there's a VR simulator that we can fight in with no damage to our real bodies. I'd like to face him. Since it would be unfair to have too much of a disadvantage we'd both be using the same body type. If I win he pays me the money he owes right now. If I lose the debt's canceled. Either way it's out of the way and he gets the fight he obviously wants. Is that alright?"
(Is this getting played out?)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:32 pm »

Dexter, while struggling to understand how to use the VR, still seems to be enjoying himself.
"This veeyar place seems pretty cool. What is there to do here?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: March 22, 2017, 07:23:55 am »

Khaiden happens upon something that makes him smile.
He walks up to Ratodx
:
"I think it's best if Danh and I settle our differences once and for all. From what I've heard (he's been using voice commands and having stuff read to him by the computer) there's a VR simulator that we can fight in with no damage to our real bodies. I'd like to face him. Since it would be unfair to have too much of a disadvantage we'd both be using the same body type. If I win he pays me the money he owes right now. If I lose the debt's canceled. Either way it's out of the way and he gets the fight he obviously wants. Is that alright?"
(Is this getting played out?)

[As SMMI seems to still be busy, I'll go ahead and say that your Squad Lead gives you the greenlight to make honorable duel with Danh to get your money back. You can discuss the conditions in detail with him In-Character, of course.]

Dexter, while struggling to understand how to use the VR, still seems to be enjoying himself.
"This veeyar place seems pretty cool. What is there to do here?"

As he asks that, a feminine voice spoke to him in a language that he could understand smoothly. "Here in Akras Neural Virtual Reality Simulation™, anything within your imagination is possible. If you could not think of anything, we have several default simulations for you to enjoy at your luxury, such as a relaxing sunny day with optimal temperature at a nice, quiet park. Or perhaps a populated park. A nice evening at a fine dining restaurant, a wild night at the pub or an adrenaline-pumping exciting battle for your life at our Arena with any opponent you could wish to fight on varying degrees of difficulty.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them at any time. Thank you for using Akras Neural Virtual Reality Simulation™."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: March 22, 2017, 09:46:08 am »

Khaiden walks up to Danh:
"I agreed with Squad leader Ratodx that a VR duel between us is the best way to settle things right now. Since you apparently can die in VR non-lethally it will be to the death, the simulation will give us the same body to make it a fair fight and in exchange I won't use magic and we'll both use knives. If I win you pay me what you owe me immediately. If you win the debt's off. If you want to back down and pay up now I completely understand."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:10 am »

Danh has been drinking.
As much is obvious by how he smells, looks, and the unmarked bottle of suspicious liquid in his hand.
He takes another drink, shudders, and laughs.
"HAH! Yuo wanna fite ME? Shhhhhure! But we dooooo it...uh...we do it in reaaal life." He slurs, spacing out for a moment mid-sentence, grinning at the necromancer.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: March 22, 2017, 10:31:08 am »

"So you're a coward who wants to beat up a cripple, got it. Come on, don't you want to punch me out when I can actually fight back? Plus if you try to hit me now Ratodx will probably kill you with the explosive collar around your neck"
(Please play along and go in the VR, it's going to be fun)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: March 22, 2017, 10:42:31 am »

((I would, but it's just not a thing Danh would do under these circumstances. Sorry, gotta stick to the character :c))
He scoffs.
"Whaut collur? Yuo got one, not me, dumpass."
Taking another drink, he looks back at the TV.
"Nuow fite me or fhuck off, pushy." He grunts.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: March 22, 2017, 10:54:15 am »

(Any way Khaiden could trick or goad him? I'd prefer to get this over ASAP)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: March 22, 2017, 11:17:51 am »

((Possibly. Bribe him, for sure.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: March 22, 2017, 11:22:08 am »

(He's got the chance to wipe out his debt.)
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 201