Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159450 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2535 on: December 01, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »

"If I were the vampire I would just send a bunch of my minions - of which we've faced ONE - to eliminate them."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: December 01, 2016, 04:47:12 pm »

"The point is to emphasize Akras has reserves while making sure the vampires won't test that by killing us. The middle part between negotiation and combat will be a balancing act if we want to survive."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 02, 2016, 01:19:18 am »

"So no questions then. Onwards we go then."

We will be walking around the Manor in a Clockwise fashion until we find the door. Khaiden is to keep observing the Vamps with Soul Sight while observing for Incorporeals. Everyone else is to stay on alert.

"The point is to emphasize Akras has reserves while making sure the vampires won't test that by killing us. The middle part between negotiation and combat will be a balancing act if we want to survive."

"Indeed. We won't be blowing anything up in any case though, because of potential fallout. If the soft side of the hand doesn't work, we don't want them to see the hard side coming. And then we'll be in a position to negotiate anew."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 02, 2016, 01:25:44 pm »

"Understood."

Dexter follows with the rest of the group.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 02, 2016, 04:30:09 pm »

"So what are the rest of you using your pay for? I know what Danh's going to be doing, but I'm curious about the rest of you. Talking about something else tends to make situations less stressful."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:44:12 pm by KaineFisher »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: December 02, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »

"Well, seeing as I'm 9.5 credits in the negative , I don't have many plans as of right now. I'm open to suggestions."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 02, 2016, 05:01:41 pm »

"Don't gamble and pay debt off as fast as possible. Unless the person you owe money to can't collect or otherwise harm you. I've found that moneylenders tend to count on the chains of debt a little too strongly. It means when someone who has no intention of playing by the rules decides to cut out the middleman between them and their money they're unprotected. Too bad I had to use that money to bribe the judge. Meh, never could have carried it all off anyway. No sense crying over spilled blood. Or is it spilled milk? Whatever. Anyway I need Akras in order to replace (waves at body) this with one of their improved ones. It's dying and the stuff I'm eating to keep it functioning is poisoning me slowly while it holds me together. What makes it worse is that it's all I can eat. I'm losing it either way but by working for Akras I can still keep going afterward."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:44:26 pm by KaineFisher »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: December 02, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »

(Is the use of Dhan instead of Danh intentional?)
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 02, 2016, 05:36:45 pm »

(Did I spell it wrong? I thought it was the way I spelled it. Fixed it)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:44:38 pm by KaineFisher »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: December 02, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »

(The big Terran human who can use the Gauss is named Danh, the smol Kobold who is a trapper is named Vhan. I mention the patter because it's these two that tend to have their names spelled incorrectly.)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 04, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »

Meanwhile...

Marlobos gets up, confused.  Grabbing their boomcone, they cautiously approach the door to their room, opening it a crack if possible, or cautiously if it only opens fully.

You tug the door aside slightly, looking through the small crack that you made.

From what you can see, some of the other rooms housing other Gate teams are opened, some are in the process of being opened before fully armed and armored members of various species rush out, weapons in hands all heading towards the same way.

You can hear and see a man armed with a large pistol, glorious hat and flowing coat yelling down the corridors to get people to move faster. The same logo that you have slapped onto your cloth emblazen on his hat. "MOVE YOUR ASSES LADIES! I WANT YOU THROUGH THE GATE YESTERDAY ALREADY!" he yelled, shoving a few of the slower runners with his free hand to make them run faster.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: December 05, 2016, 02:42:10 pm »

Marlobos is not one to tally, they run as fast as they can, gear wiggling around with their hopping steps, finally, something interesting!
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 07, 2016, 06:34:34 am »

The group approaches the Manor and begins to walk clockwise around it.

Something's off.

The crunching of centuries dead twigs echos as you step closer to the mansion, your armored boots crushing the withered foliage with ease. The rustling and scraping of your armor rings out loudly in the otherwise utterly Silent landscape.

You round the corner of the mansion. A double door is visible far ahead in the Blackness.. Outlined with Light. Glowing gently. A Sign hangs from a nail driven into the door. The words illegible and unknown.

You approach.

Raucous laughter rings out, an open window high up in the structure fades into notice, what looks to be firelight flickers, outlining its form. The muted buzz of conversation can be heard, Khaiden recognizes it as a rather old dialect of his native language. He does not however know enough of said dialect to properly and accurately translate.

The clinking of cups can be heard from the window up high.

It sure is cold outside.

Keep: The Manor

It begins.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: December 07, 2016, 08:19:23 am »

Khaiden turns to the group. (Speaking softly) "Before you ask, no I can't read that sign and I don't know what they're saying in there. We'll have to hope at least one of them knows a modern language."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: December 07, 2016, 08:32:21 am »

"They're. . . celebrating?"

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 201