Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159464 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2475 on: November 22, 2016, 10:55:44 am »

Ratodx calls a halt.

"Mako, size and distance on those gamma flickers. See if you can't fine tune it to get a better look."

"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 22, 2016, 11:12:42 am »

"10-15 meters distance. Size is... shit, I don't know? The flickers' size are pretty random and don't really tell much."

Mako tries to adjust with the frequency of the scan to get a better reading.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 22, 2016, 11:33:08 am »

Thoughts of Ratodx: Likely incorporeal; options are Wisps, Banshee, Teeth; Unless it's the gems powering Skeletons or other things; Nonresponsiveness may be due to lack of detection of us from this direction; Solution: Reroute around.

"Khaiden, give me a read on these."

Once Khaiden reports in and Mako reports in about trying to get a better reading, Squad will carefully move 50 meters to the side of the detected Beings making sure to keep an eye out for environmental hazards. They will then move forwards past whatever is giving off the readings.

"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 22, 2016, 05:27:58 pm »

Khaiden points in the direction of the souls:

"Over there. I'd advise against threatening them. If they refuse Akras' offer they're done that's it. We don't need allies who will betray us at the first sign of weakness. I've been that person and it's very effective since they generally don't see it coming."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 22, 2016, 05:47:30 pm »

"....I mean the things that are showing up on Mako's scans. They're about ten, fifteen meters in front of us."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 22, 2016, 05:49:24 pm »

(Wait we're there already, I thought we were still traveling. It was unclear. In that case)

Khaiden tries to see if he can get anything specific about the souls he''s sensed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 22, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »

(Wait we're there already, I thought we were still traveling. It was unclear. In that case)

Khaiden tries to see if he can get anything specific about the souls he''s sensed.

((We are still traveling. This is likely the last encounter before we get to the Manor. Mako detected something on Gamma about the distance I stated away from us. I'm asking Khaiden to check it out Soul wise.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 24, 2016, 10:27:40 pm »

"How did these things get so close without us detecting them?"

Dexter cautiously raises his weapon.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 25, 2016, 12:24:08 am »

"How did these things get so close without us detecting them?"

Dexter cautiously raises his weapon.

"Plenty of possible ways. In this case it's likely that we approached them without them noticing us. If it is a them. Whatever they are is most likely to be Wisps, Teeth, or Skeletons. Maybe those bitey creatures of that Divine that Bob mentioned, though those would likely show up on thermals. We'll see what happens as we move around."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 26, 2016, 06:22:27 pm »

Mako attempts to get a more 'defined' read on the signals, however oddly enough, they change in intensity and position every time your drone locks in on them. This is irking.

Khaiden's vision on the vampiric souls remains quite steady, however when he looks over at the area the gamma signals are originating from, he finds himself unable to get anything 'defined' from it. It's very peculiar.

The squad begins moving around the signal source, deciding it's best not to enter the region.

One of the signals appears to be approaching the squad at a slow rate.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 26, 2016, 06:26:15 pm »

"I see them, but there's something else there that I can't figure out."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:34:40 pm by KaineFisher »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 26, 2016, 06:32:27 pm »

Clarification:

You can see the vlads perfectly fine.

The gamma signal is unrelated and in a different far closer location compared to the vlads. The gamma signal is not interfering with your vladsight, it is only interfering with your soulsight directed at the gamma signals.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 26, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »

Is our careful pace moving faster than the signal? When you say slowly, how long would it take for it to arrive at us approximately if we didn't move?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 27, 2016, 02:37:17 pm »

The signal is moving at an.. Indeterminate pace. It isn't exactly moving directly at the group. More along the lines of a pseudorandom zigzag that's heading towards the group and will reach it Eventually.

You could probably launch a flare at it to get a visual. Not like it's more than a couple dozen meters away.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 27, 2016, 03:32:33 pm »

Yeaah, let's avoid this. Continue going around at a steady pace, looking out for environmental hazards and such.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 201