Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159474 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2445 on: November 16, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »

((I doubt inaccuracy will be a problem, we're like 10 meters away))

((I wish we were 10 meters away. There are several reasons grenades are bad ideas and friendly fire is one of them.))
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: November 16, 2016, 10:31:57 pm »

(He's not a good shot and doing this will conserve ammunition while still doing something. This is the first enemy we've faced since entering, there might be more. We don't have infinite ammunition)

(I have an early morning, so I have to sign out. Sorry.)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: November 16, 2016, 10:33:33 pm »

(He's not a good shot and doing this will conserve ammunition while still doing something. This is the first enemy we've faced since entering, there might be more. We don't have infinite ammunition)

((You're absolutely fine and it's better to make sure your shot will count than to spray and pray, especially witg allies around. Sleep well!))
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 16, 2016, 10:36:21 pm »

((I wish we were 10 meters away. There are several reasons grenades are bad ideas and friendly fire is one of them.))
((Shit, we're right next to them, aren't we?))

((Yeah, it's good to conserve ammo. Sorry if it seemed like I was nitpicking, just saying how close we are. Good night!))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: November 17, 2016, 12:12:24 am »

((Shit, we're right next to them, aren't we?))

((Yeah, it's good to conserve ammo. Sorry if it seemed like I was nitpicking, just saying how close we are. Good night!))

((Center dived away from their Lizard during the attack by the GFH, and then got up, so there's a bit of distance. Front began moving back already and the Interception Lizard which is the other dead lizard went towards the GFH, so we have a little bit of a buffer between it and us.)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: November 17, 2016, 08:49:32 am »

Danh was about to unleash a spray of fire, before Ratodx told him off...ergh, fine. Setting the gauss down, he unslings his LMG, and begins to open fire with bursts of three.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 17, 2016, 01:00:19 pm »

Ratodx then remembers the relationship between bullets and organs and would facepalm if there was time.

"Belay the bullet orders. Squad, make a measured retreat away from the dead Lizards 50 meters to our left while keeping out of the firing line. Danh, open up with the 20mm once we're clear. The closer one first followed by the further one."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:52:31 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 17, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »

Nodding, Danh turns to run back with the rest of the squad, making sure to keep an eye on them, as to (hopefully) not get lost.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:54:03 pm by Bill Chompski »

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 17, 2016, 04:19:27 pm »

"Now do you see why I don't create Undead? It can get out of hand really quickly. If you still say I'm not a Necromancer I could start creating them..."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 17, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »

"Now do you see why I don't create Undead? It can get out of hand really quickly. If you still say I'm not a Necromancer I could start creating them..."

"We'll get into how useful Undead minions would be for this engagement after we finish the mission."

((I have to hand it to you, that was quite nice.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 17, 2016, 04:27:55 pm »

((http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/laughter.gif))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 17, 2016, 04:30:22 pm »

(Thanks)

Khaiden keeps talking very fast while backing up, obviously trying to stay calm:

"Do you have any idea how inefficient they are? You're better off hiring people, because at least they won't kill you or worse because of momentary mistake, and you can kill the people you hired before you have to pay them. Number one rule of creation and summoning: don't bring up what you can't put down. And it seems like we're having quite a bit of trouble putting these down."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 17, 2016, 04:41:38 pm »

(Thanks)

Khaiden keeps talking very fast while backing up, obviously trying to stay calm:

"Do you have any idea how inefficient they are? You're better off hiring people, because at least they won't kill you or worse because of momentary mistake, and you can kill the people you hired before you have to pay them. Number one rule of creation and summoning: don't bring up what you can't put down. And it seems like we're having quite a bit of trouble putting these down."

"Your logic is sound, but what happens when you have a Gauss Rifle to put things down with?"

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 17, 2016, 05:06:49 pm »

"You have extra bullets from not needing to put down the minions who just turned on you and more time to deal with the actual threat. And you don't have a bunch of rotting bodies following you around. Do you know how many diseases I've apparently avoided in the future by getting a needle stuck in my arm?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: November 19, 2016, 12:04:23 am »

The group scoots the fuck away from the lizards. Which by this point are mostly just bear sized masses of Fingers.

[Rolls Hidden]

Danh loads an explosive into his Underbarrel Launcher and fires.

A bright Light flashes for a moment as it detonates, having directly impacted one of the Finger Masses. There is no Sound within the Silence however.

He loads another shell and Fires.

The shell's detonation lighting up the clearing for a moment..

The IR sensors observe the results. It appears as though the Finger Masses are dead. The remnants of the Lizards appear to be splattered.

Khaiden cannot detect any undead signatures from the remainder.

Engagement Complete.

Fright Check Will Mali are now in effect. Engagement Mali are no longer in effect.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 201