Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159543 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2190 on: October 29, 2016, 06:54:57 pm »

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to get into your role for once we begin the mission proper."

"I kill the living or at least destroy their bodies. I also can drain life from lower life forms and the recently dead. I've improved in the latter, so I'll be able to do more with it. Let me see..."

Khaiden tries to use more intense soul-vision focused on Ratodx, trying to see anything significant.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: October 29, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to get into your role for once we begin the mission proper."

"I kill the living or at least destroy their bodies. I also can drain life from lower life forms and the recently dead. I've improved in the latter, so I'll be able to do more with it. Let me see..."

Khaiden tries to use more intense soul-vision focused on Ratodx, trying to see anything significant.

Ratodx ignores the squinting the Khaiden is doing and gets into the details of his Plan. "I'm actually most interested in your ability to see or detect souls. Vampires have souls, so you should be in a position to mark out where they are, even inside the Storm. I'm going to try to initiate talks with them and I'll need you to let us know when they're coming and how many are there. If the Plan works, we'll be in a position to make a whole lot more cash and get a lot more respect from Akras than if we went in there as an assault squad. We're going to set up the meeting place, in sun light, on our terms, so it'll be significantly safer than Amadou's attempt at 'diplomacy.' Plus we're going to have Vhan trap the shit out of the place, specifically with traps that reveal the triggered area to sunlight, so it should work out decent. If they don't come or if they try any hostilities, we'll be in a position for the VTOL to wreck their asses, at which point we'll proceed with the assault plan."

"I figured I'd assey any safety concerns before you could get to them. A major part of making sure this ends up safe is your ability to see souls, so I'd like to know about how far and how detailed you can get with your seein."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: October 29, 2016, 07:15:40 pm »

"I see you're filing the report on bob. Is there anything you want me to add? "
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: October 29, 2016, 07:16:39 pm »

Regon scratches his chin for a moment thinking, before turning to Ratodx
"Uh, i dunno, strength an' 'ealin' is the jist ov it, mah speciali'e iz in plantz, not people."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: October 29, 2016, 07:25:13 pm »

"I see you're filing the report on bob. Is there anything you want me to add? "

Private Channel: "If you think of any, let me know over a private channel. Quite frankly, that was almost a disaster and Akras would probably have our heads if it knew how close we were to a Major fuckup. We're going to want to have a private chat about the details of our story about this so we don't get dead. But that'll wait til we finish up this Vampire business. After that we can go over the report for DE001. It's probably best if we refer to em as that from now on by the way."

Regon scratches his chin for a moment thinking, before turning to Ratodx
"Uh, i dunno, strength an' 'ealin' is the jist ov it, mah speciali'e iz in plantz, not people."

"Makes sense. When we return from the mission we'll have to test it out to see if you might be able to do more with people."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:54 pm »

"Understood sir. Mums the word till then."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: October 29, 2016, 07:48:40 pm »

"So bozz, wot left do we 'avta do before we go 'untin"
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: October 29, 2016, 08:05:09 pm »

"Just need to sort out the Conjurin' limits, hear back about a report I sent, and do one last equipment check. Also need to run somethin' by the Cap, so I'll do that now while the other stuff get's sorted out."

To Captain Reynolds: "Sorry to interrupt your relaxin'. Seriously, I'm sorry about that. I need to run a few things by you for the mission. We've acquired some flares and I'm wondering if you can deploy them from the VTOL, and if so, how far could you get them do ya think? Also, how far do you think you can have my voice go using the VTOL's sound systems? I'm aiming to try to initiate conversation with the Vamps without getting into the Storm, which'll hopefully make this whole mission go a lot smoother than the earlier parts have gone."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: October 29, 2016, 08:50:55 pm »

Their soul looks.. Yellow would be a good way to put it. A bit on the bright side. There are some minor tears in it as well. They should heal in time however.

Overall it's a decently healthy soul.

The Conjured Lizard walks over to Melnakos.

Melnakos pets the Lizard's head a few times. Why aren't you adorable comrade!

Melnakos attempts to summon a grizzly bear sized lizard creature using the ritual circle.
[Roll Hidden]

Space crackles. The runes pulse once more as a different Something steps into Existence with a CRACK.

It's big. And long. You'd say it's maybe twice as long as a Kelpie? Has some nasty looking claws and fangs. Six legs, and four eyes. You feel like with practice you could Probably summon similar creatures with the addition of spitting acid or contact toxins. You also feel like you can control it easily. Not as easy as the dog sized one, but still pretty easily. It looks pretty cute to you. Although others might find it terrifying. It is Big.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: October 29, 2016, 08:59:16 pm »

The Conjured Lizard walks over to Melnakos.

Melnakos pets the Lizard's head a few times. Why aren't you adorable comrade!

Melnakos attempts to summon a grizzly bear sized lizard creature using the ritual circle.
[Roll Hidden]

Space crackles. The runes pulse once more as a different Something steps into Existence with a CRACK.

It's big. And long. You'd say it's maybe twice as long as a Kelpie? Has some nasty looking claws and fangs. Six legs, and four eyes. You feel like with practice you could Probably summon similar creatures with the addition of spitting acid or contact toxins. You also feel like you can control it easily. Not as easy as the dog sized one, but still pretty easily. It looks pretty cute to you. Although others might find it terrifying. It is Big.

"Now that is nice. You've got some affinity with the ground and stuff, think you can make one this size that's stoney?"

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: October 29, 2016, 09:38:13 pm »

I can try comrade. The larger lizard walk out of the ritual circle.

Melnakos attempts to conjure another grizzly sized lizard this time imaging it with earthen body parts.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: October 30, 2016, 03:13:44 am »

"Just need to sort out the Conjurin' limits, hear back about a report I sent, and do one last equipment check. Also need to run somethin' by the Cap, so I'll do that now while the other stuff get's sorted out."

To Captain Reynolds: "Sorry to interrupt your relaxin'. Seriously, I'm sorry about that. I need to run a few things by you for the mission. We've acquired some flares and I'm wondering if you can deploy them from the VTOL, and if so, how far could you get them do ya think? Also, how far do you think you can have my voice go using the VTOL's sound systems? I'm aiming to try to initiate conversation with the Vamps without getting into the Storm, which'll hopefully make this whole mission go a lot smoother than the earlier parts have gone."

Cpt. Reynolds hems. "I suppose if we try launching it it could go pretty far.. but probably not far enough. As for the sound? Well, if you don't mind everyone in the immediate area to bust their ear drums, we could turn the volumn up very loud."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: October 30, 2016, 03:39:21 am »

Cpt. Reynolds hems. "I suppose if we try launching it it could go pretty far.. but probably not far enough. As for the sound? Well, if you don't mind everyone in the immediate area to bust their ear drums, we could turn the volumn up very loud."

"So you're saying it's possible, but likely to be too much effort for it to actually be effective, cause you guys would have to be in the immediate area to pilot the VTOL, unless that's not a problem. Hmmm. Guess we'll have to go for Plan B. Which is a shame. Plan A was a lot less riskier for us ground limited people."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: October 30, 2016, 11:04:09 am »

I can try comrade. The larger lizard walk out of the ritual circle.

Melnakos attempts to conjure another grizzly sized lizard this time imaging it with earthen body parts.
[Roll Hidden]

Space crackles. The runes pulse yellow yet again more as a different Something slips into Existence with a crackle.

It looks similar to the other big lizard thing, just more compact and the scales look far thicker. You'd say with practice, you could make something like it that's capable of burrowing, however this one cannot currently burrow. You feel like you can control it similarly easily to the other big lizard thing.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: October 30, 2016, 11:16:13 am »

"Wow, that's pretty impressive Mel. "

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201