Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159589 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2070 on: October 28, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »

"Magical creatures are such a pain in the ass..." Mako swore under her breath.
"Let's hope not."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 28, 2016, 02:12:30 pm »

"My opinion? That sending 003 after the gargantuan demon they claimed they didn't release would have cleaned up both ends of the mess. Instead we have a net negative and increased coworker mistrust in a hostile work environment that seems more and more likely to end in an unwilling asset merger. Sorry, let me make it simpler, stupid buzzwords. The deal was stupid and I'm very upset about it."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: October 28, 2016, 02:24:11 pm »

"My opinion? That sending 003 after the gargantuan demon they claimed they didn't release would have cleaned up both ends of the mess. Instead we have a net negative and increased coworker mistrust in a hostile work environment that seems more and more likely to end in an unwilling asset merger. Sorry, let me make it simpler, stupid buzzwords. The deal was stupid and I'm very upset about it."
"Doing as you suggest would have likely angered Bob and put us in worse conditions in the long term. And no, we did not release Bob. Bob went back home to Hell or wherever the fuck he's from. The deal was stupid, but it could have been exponentially worse. If there are things you wish to obtain we can work out how to arrange money such that you can obtain them. Otherwise, talk with the others about where in line you will be for Danh to pay you back, or suggest a different method of debt repayment."

"Now, can we talk about the intel that we obtained from Bob, or are you going to keep up about something none of us can do anything about until the mission is done and the reports are filed? For context, I got the Tranq guns so we could make more money."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: October 28, 2016, 02:28:20 pm »

"Since we don't know whether or not the Vampire or Vampires have magic that could disguise or control, we should figure out a way of making sure each of us is who we say we are. It should be short but not easily guessed."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 28, 2016, 02:38:29 pm »

"Since we don't know whether or not the Vampire or Vampires have magic that could disguise or control, we should figure out a way of making sure each of us is who we say we are. It should be short but not easily guessed."

Spoiler: Actually we do (click to show/hide)

((If you haven't, please go back a few pages and read the intel Bob gave us. Because I had Ratodx tell Khaiden said intel.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 28, 2016, 02:41:12 pm »

"Then we should most definitely work out a way to detect any imposters or if one of us is being controlled."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: October 28, 2016, 02:45:47 pm »

"If it weren't for the translators and the language barriers we'd have without it, we could've just used Common Terran. I guess it should still be some Terran quote, though. That shouldn't be easy to guess for the vampire." Mako thought for a bit.

"How about... 'To light a candle is to cast a shadow'?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 28, 2016, 02:48:39 pm »

"Then we should most definitely work out a way to detect any imposters or if one of us is being controlled."
"Hmmm. Well we have helmets and full body gear- one sec

To Reserti: "Put on your full Akras provided armor. Direct order. It has wards that will save your ass."

"As I was saying, we also have IFFs that will let us known if someone dressed in a full assault suit is actually on the squad. And our helmets have anti-possession wards."

"If it weren't for the translators and the language barriers we'd have without it, we could've just used Common Terran. I guess it should still be some Terran quote, though. That shouldn't be easy to guess for the vampire." Mako thought for a bit.

"How about... 'To light a candle is to cast a shadow'?"
"We can also require that said statement be said over comms, which they probably can't reproduce so easily."

"I'll be blunt. There's something called Teeth. Apparently they aren't corporeal. How do we kill it?"

((Can you hop onto Discord KaineFisher?))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 28, 2016, 02:49:38 pm »

"Can't you just magic it to death?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 28, 2016, 02:53:38 pm »

"Can't you just magic it to death?"

"Don't know, not my specialty. 'S why I'm asking him."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 28, 2016, 03:02:07 pm »

"If it's an Incorporeal Undead I might be able to take care of it with Necromancy, but it's not a sure thing. And we should plan for Illusions and mind control, so code words will be a must-have."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: October 28, 2016, 03:02:56 pm »

((Mako mentioned a code word))

"Should be a phrase or the translator will mangle it."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 28, 2016, 03:04:45 pm »

(I'm aware, he was agreeing)

"I'd suggest we have at least three each so one being overheard won't be an immediate compromise."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 28, 2016, 03:09:38 pm »

"'The better part of valour is discretion' and 'Let's kill all the lawyers' sound good enough?" Mako wasn't sure if Gaians even have a word for 'lawyers', but since they seemed to understand her talking about 003 and referencing lawyers earlier, they probably do.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 28, 2016, 03:12:03 pm »

"If it's an Incorporeal Undead I might be able to take care of it with Necromancy, but it's not a sure thing. And we should plan for Illusions and mind control, so code words will be a must-have."

Ratodx has a thought and face palms.

"Mako, can you put in a request for information about how to deal with, as in kill or pacify, incorporeals which may or may not be Undead?"

(I'm aware, he was agreeing)

"I'd suggest we have at least three each so one being overheard won't be an immediate compromise."
"We do have only comms communication, you guys know that right? These helmets are quite handy."

"'The better part of valour is discretion' and 'Let's kill all the lawyers' sound good enough?" Mako wasn't sure if Gaians even have a word for 'lawyers', but since they seemed to understand her talking about 003 and referencing lawyers earlier, they probably do.
"Sounds good to me. So, next topic. Khaiden, what do you know about the various EnSouled Beings and types of Vampires we have intel on?"
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 201