Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159646 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2040 on: October 28, 2016, 02:25:09 am »

"What's so funny? If an orc and a goblin have a better nature, I'm sure an 'entity' will have one, too."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 28, 2016, 02:31:08 am »

"What's so funny? If an orc and a goblin have a better nature, I'm sure an 'entity' will have one, too."
Ratodx stops for a moment to look at Reserti before he basically flops on the ground laughing, banging his fists against the ground at how funny Reserti is. Notably different from the Goatfucker incident, Ratodx seems to be quite enjoying his laughing.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2042 on: October 28, 2016, 02:33:43 am »

Reserti kicks Ratodx lightly, "I'm serious! Maybe this '003 entity' thing can be persuaded to bring back Anna! If it's powerful enough to create large holes in the ground on a whim, surely it can bring back one innocent little girl who was killed because of another!"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 28, 2016, 02:51:44 am »

Reserti kicks Ratodx lightly, "I'm serious! Maybe this '003 entity' thing can be persuaded to bring back Anna! If it's powerful enough to create large holes in the ground on a whim, surely it can bring back one innocent little girl who was killed because of another!"

Ratodx stops dead cold. He lifts himself off the ground and gently pulls Reserti down to look him in the eyes.

All comms: "Direct order. Do not interact with 003. Do not accept Deals with 003. Do not offer Deals to 003. If possible don't think of 003. I was having a Laugh because that thing is at least as dangerous as the seven story tall demon we Summoned, if not more so. And it arrived here without anyone Summoning it and outside of Wards. The idea of it having an ounce of mercy for those who aren't completely prepared is laughable at best. The only reason we got off on the light fuckery of us having our money rearranged was because I managed to entertain it. And while I entertained it, you all had the time and opportunity to run the fuck away just as I intended. 003 is nothing to be made light of and the only reason why I managed to do what I did was because it provided an opportunity and I dove right fucking in." Ratodx lets go of his tightened grip on Reserti.

All comms: "I am no longer accepting any complaints about our current monetary situation. If you have any ideas about a legitimate different method for us to proceed in having the debts resolved, feel free to share. Otherwise I am done with this bullshit. We have a job to do, so speak up quick so we can get this resolved."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:12:49 am by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 28, 2016, 03:07:57 am »

"If he doesn't survive? This 003 thing sounds powerful. I'm sure I can appeal to its better nature."
"His 'better nature' is not killing us all where we stand." Mako grumbled.

She then stops pacing. Opened her mouth to try to speak. She's not good t this.

"Also, we're going to hunt this fucking vampire now. The demon isn't our problem. The debt might make our future jobs a bit harder. But enouh bullshit. We're doing this. Ratodx, you got intel from Bob The Consumer of Worlds, right?"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:10:13 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2045 on: October 28, 2016, 03:13:26 am »

"Come on, Ratodx, I'm not going to deal with this 'Three' guy. I know how dealing with it ends. I just want to have a little chat with him. He could be lonely, or scared, deep down. I hate it when people are lonely and scared. Put yourself in this 'Three' person's shoes and think how it would feel."
"But I'm not dumb enough to disobey a direct order," he says, blurring the line between sarcasm and not-sarcasm, "Don't worry about me, really."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 28, 2016, 03:22:36 am »

"Come on, Ratodx, I'm not going to deal with this 'Three' guy. I know how dealing with it ends. I just want to have a little chat with him. He could be lonely, or scared, deep down. I hate it when people are lonely and scared. Put yourself in this 'Three' person's shoes and think how it would feel."
"But I'm not dumb enough to disobey a direct order," he says, blurring the line between sarcasm and not-sarcasm, "Don't worry about me, really."
"If he doesn't survive? This 003 thing sounds powerful. I'm sure I can appeal to its better nature."
"His 'better nature' is not killing us all where we stand." Mako grumbled.

She then stops pacing. Opened her mouth to try to speak. She's not good t this.

"Also, we're going to hunt this fucking vampire now. The demon isn't our problem. The debt might make our future jobs a bit harder. But enouh bullshit. We're doing this. Ratodx, you got intel from Bob The Consumer of Worlds, right?"
"I did indeed Mako. First, to highlight, I would like to ask you to bring up the briefing file for 003 as well as any attached videos for what it has done and can do. Akras is really good at keeping records and I want Reserti and anyone else in the squad who might doubt the danger of 003 to understand."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 28, 2016, 03:48:43 am »

Mako just wordlessly goes around showing everyone where to access the video of the siege on their PDA
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #2048 on: October 28, 2016, 07:32:49 am »

Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)

It's two points to raise a stat, right? I wanna raise Reserti's CON so he doesn't die from a kid falling over onto him

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 28, 2016, 07:37:42 am »

5xp per stat.

5xp per two points of Vigor/Hp.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 28, 2016, 09:05:33 am »

Dahn sighs, and quietly heads over to Ratodx.
"Thanks for clearing the debt. Sorta. Better to you all than to bureaucrats. I'm giving squad command to you. Partially because I hate the position, because you're basically leading anyways, and big time because you just did those two things with zero casualties. We can get your new position officialized back at base." He sounds surprisingly calm, but firm about his offer (demand?). Must be having a brief moment of not blinded by anger.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 28, 2016, 10:31:19 am »

"I'd suggest making this unofficial. Akras will want a Terran in charge after all. "
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 28, 2016, 10:32:55 am »

Dahn shrugs, and begins walking to the barracks.
"You can if you like."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 28, 2016, 10:37:49 am »

"Fine, I'll keep acting as if you're the squad leader while you delegate responsibility to the better candidate."

Khaiden turns to Ratodx:

"What's the plan then Lieutenant?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 28, 2016, 11:06:02 am »

Mako just wordlessly goes around showing everyone where to access the video of the siege on their PDA
There is.. A lot of magic fuckery going on in the video. Mass blood sacrifice of monkeys so people can sleeeep., Frazz turning into a dragooon.. The largest army of Denizens and Dwellers to daaaate.. A Leviathan the size of an aircraft carrieeer.. 003 getting exorcised from Frazz by sheer weight in monkeeeys.. A massive ritual circle made from dead monkeys getting drawn around 003's Domaaaaiiin..

Frankly there isn't all that much showing 003 when purely referencing the siege. Just lotsa weird magic fuckery going on.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 201