Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159708 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1815 on: October 24, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »

Danh inhales, puffing his chest out, before exhaling, agitated.
"Fine." He says through clenched teeth.
"This time only." Danh finishes, voice filled with angry venom. And with that, he begins walking off.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 24, 2016, 03:57:00 pm »

Use magic to heal all the pains, and the hangover. Since there's still alcohol in him, decide that it's already been metabolised into sugar and CO2.

Get the helmet and review the latest A/V data.
Call the rest of the team to see if they're around or if they left already. "Hello, AGT47? Where are you guys?"
Not only are you exhausted, but you have multiple broken bones, a severe concussion and most likely brain damage. On top of having a horrid mix between a hangover and drunk.

Are you sure you want to metabolize alcohol into C02 and Sugar in this state? Are you sure doing that in the first place is the best of ideas?
Upon reaching Amadou, Regon performs a shoddy ritual to align his bones and stop any internal bleeding, using simple growth runes and very little chanting, only using a small amount of the local energy.
"Yer not wurf da spirit's gifts, next time, i'll be lettin' ya bleed ta deaf."
[11+0{Intentional minimal effort}] You stabilize Amadou and set the bones. He'll have a godawful headache in the morning though. It's probably advisable to have someone cart him over to the medical tent on a stretcher.
Regon took care of the basic healing, at the very least the bones are mended and there's no internal injuries. He's going to heal the remaining bruises and the hangover.

Is he exhausted? He's been asleep from whatever time he had the accident till now, and it's afternoon already.

As for drunkenness, he drunk enough for BAC 0.3 at 22:00, fourteen hours later he'd be below the driving limit in much of the world (0.08) and at 15:00 it'd be at 0.024, about a beer's worth. He needs the sugar better than the alcohol, and that amount isn't enough to cause hyperglycaemic shock either.
Drinking water would be a good idea, though, and he'll do so before converting the alcohol.

So, if you want to screw my character over again, it'll have to be about trying an experimental procedure, the rest doesn't apply.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 24, 2016, 04:04:40 pm »

"I'd advise against doing anything until we've seen what the storm actually does. We could send in something living, it doesn't have to be sapient, and see what happens."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 24, 2016, 04:05:27 pm »

Use magic to heal all the pains, and the hangover. Since there's still alcohol in him, decide that it's already been metabolised into sugar and CO2.

Get the helmet and review the latest A/V data.
Call the rest of the team to see if they're around or if they left already. "Hello, AGT47? Where are you guys?"
Not only are you exhausted, but you have multiple broken bones, a severe concussion and most likely brain damage. On top of having a horrid mix between a hangover and drunk.

Are you sure you want to metabolize alcohol into C02 and Sugar in this state? Are you sure doing that in the first place is the best of ideas?
Upon reaching Amadou, Regon performs a shoddy ritual to align his bones and stop any internal bleeding, using simple growth runes and very little chanting, only using a small amount of the local energy.
"Yer not wurf da spirit's gifts, next time, i'll be lettin' ya bleed ta deaf."
[11+0{Intentional minimal effort}] You stabilize Amadou and set the bones. He'll have a godawful headache in the morning though. It's probably advisable to have someone cart him over to the medical tent on a stretcher.
Regon took care of the basic healing, at the very least the bones are mended and there's no internal injuries. He's going to heal the remaining bruises and the hangover.

Is he exhausted? He's been asleep from whatever time he had the accident till now, and it's afternoon already.

As for drunkenness, he drunk enough for BAC 0.3 at 22:00, fourteen hours later he'd be below the driving limit in much of the world (0.08) and at 15:00 it'd be at 0.024, about a beer's worth. He needs the sugar better than the alcohol, and that amount isn't enough to cause hyperglycaemic shock either.
Drinking water would be a good idea, though, and he'll do so before converting the alcohol.

So, if you want to screw my character over again, it'll have to be about trying an experimental procedure, the rest doesn't apply.
Regon at no point healed your bones. He Set them but he deliberately did not mend them.

Amadou is also most definitely suffering from brain damage. Something Regon also did not heal intentionally. You're going to be casting an exhausting spell that isn't quite within your magic school but is close enough to be duable with an already distracted mental state from pain coupled with hangover. Directly infusing your blood with C02 is frankly a terrible idea. Alcohol is already a mild poison. You don't really want to replace that with a different one do you?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 24, 2016, 04:07:44 pm »

Actually yes. Then zip him on a body bad and dump him in the nearest manure pile.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 24, 2016, 04:11:58 pm »

I have to ask Why you want to do that. You had Two GM confirmations before the drunk driving incident and you carried through with it anyways. That ain't shitting on your character. That's a natural consequence of a very stupid action that you had received two confirmation requests for. Frankly there was a discussion in GMchat for how badly it would go. I was actually urged to have it go far worse than it did. I'm not sure if it's just ignorance of physical human capabilities that made you do that or legitimately not wanting to participate but I really have to ask the Why. If you don't wanna play then just bench your character. You might decide otherwise later. No need to kill him off.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1821 on: October 24, 2016, 04:22:31 pm »

((The chat was highly amusing in terms of how badly it would have gone, too.))
"Look, I'm thinking of doing something for you, but you've got to be completely honest with me if you want me to do it. I can pay for her resurrection. Do you understand me? Anna can be brought back to life. Now, what happened?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 24, 2016, 04:26:28 pm »

"This time only." Danh finishes, voice filled with angry venom. And with that, he begins walking off.
Thank you sir, you won't regret it.

To Ratodx:

What's his problem ? Every time we even mention magic - or get anywhere near him, for that matter - he blows up in our faces.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 24, 2016, 04:30:27 pm »

No, I've nothing against vk's GM abilities, it's just that I've been gradually growing more displeased with the level of gleeful bloodthirstiness which you've been infusing in it, and has been confirmed with that senseless execution. I was uncertain over continuing or not, as can be seen by my latter posts, but finally I've had enough.

If you want to keep the character as an NPC, be my guest.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 24, 2016, 04:32:42 pm »

You.. Are aware Castle is a High Lethality system correct? This has been stated from the getgo.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 24, 2016, 04:35:14 pm »

Thank you sir, you won't regret it.

To Ratodx:

What's his problem ? Every time we even mention magic - or get anywhere near him, for that matter - he blows up in our faces.

"I don't know and sincerely thought we wouldn't get that much. Alright, Dexter, Melnakos, let's go make some bargains."

Assuming Melnakos consents to doing general safety  Warding and specific Being Warding for Dexter's AOE, we'll go through the local low power Unholies and Undead that Dexter feels comfortable Summoning. Using VTOL mana to fuel all the things, we will offer them mana for compliance, mana for relevant information, mana for another source of information on the subject, and mana for another source of information that is as powerful as the summoned subject. We will be asking about the Vampire, the Manor, the contents there within, the Storm, and the contents there within.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1826 on: October 24, 2016, 04:35:44 pm »

Keep in mind that Amadou was actually vkiNm's first Player Kill
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 24, 2016, 04:36:41 pm »

Vhan to Ratodx

I should be able to locate and disable any traps we come across. In terms of scouting I have a high perception and can normally sneak around a manor undetected. Not really sure how well I'll do against a Vampire though.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 24, 2016, 04:39:34 pm »

Regon turns on his comms
"So wot git'z wan' a lill' blessin' before we go zog up a 'pire?".
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 24, 2016, 04:40:38 pm »

I should be able to locate and disable any traps we come across. In terms of scouting I have a high perception and can normally sneak around a manor undetected. Not really sure how well I'll do against a Vampire though.

"I'd advise focusing on taking down traps rather than setting them. The Vampire has had decades at the very least to set them up."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 201