Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159777 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1755 on: October 24, 2016, 03:36:37 am »

"Whatever I want," Reserti says angrily before walking out the door, "I'm going for a walk." He slams the door behind him and takes off at a run towards the village square.
When he gets to the square, he looks around. "Where would I be if I just lost my child?" Reserti asked himself, turning around slowly, "Graveyard? No, too early, and she won't be buried if she's going to be resurrected..." He recalls the image of Amadou stumbling around drunk as shit, "That's it. The Tavern." Reserti asks a nearby villager for directions to the tavern.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 24, 2016, 03:40:37 am »

Ratodx sighs. Last night wasn't something he'd wanted Reserti to see, and it'd been worst than he'd expected. Hopefully he'll cool off in time for the mission. Ratodx then move onto the next squadie in line.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 24, 2016, 06:46:16 am »

Yes, I have some summoning ability. Given the proper preparation, I can summon demons of varying strength depending on the sacrifice I use. However, the only thing I have ever actually used my own blood as a summoning medium, so I have been met with limited success. The biggest thing I've summoned to date is a medium sized oni.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 24, 2016, 07:03:04 am »

Actually with your skill level you'd be capable of safely summoning indefinitely things along the lines of Biblical Imps or similar Unholy Minor Divinities.. Anything larger and you risk getting outside of your skillclass and with that comes problems. You'd reasonably be able to safely contract with anything up to a 40 Monkey Power Unholy Entity and would be able to safely Summon into corporeal form anything up to 5 Monkey Power. Odds are is you Contracted a Lesser Oni but did not Manifest it.

You could also Summon local Unbound Spectral Undead due to their Unholy trait. However as with other Unholy Entities, you'd be at risk if you tried summoning outside your skillclass.

Contracting can result in boons in exchange for energy or numerous other things. Entities take all sorts of payment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 24, 2016, 07:12:44 am »

Dexter tells ^that to Ratodx
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 24, 2016, 07:57:33 am »

"Sure, I can get them for us. Also, the drone definitely can't fly in the storm, but possibly when we're inside I can use it to map out the area. It's a high altitude flier, though, and I don't really like the idea of it crashing into stuffs."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 24, 2016, 09:06:53 am »

Dahn walks over to the group, fully armoured. Did he sleep like that? Who knows. But he's listening to Ratodx talk, keeping quiet. Maybe, at least. It's hard to tell what he's paying attention to when his helmet is on.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:08:48 am by Bill Chompski »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 24, 2016, 12:09:40 pm »

Dexter tells ^that to Ratodx

Ratodx gets a special look in his eyes. "That- that has use. I've got a few ideas for things we can do, but first I'm going to want to have Melnakos set up some proper warding to help prevent things from going wrong."

"Sure, I can get them for us. Also, the drone definitely can't fly in the storm, but possibly when we're inside I can use it to map out the area. It's a high altitude flier, though, and I don't really like the idea of it crashing into stuffs."
Ratodx nods. "It's definitely useful. And it has full spectrum vision I think you said? We'll want to practice feeding the various additional informations through our helmets."

Ratodx does a funds assessment cross-references pricing. "Alright so we'll want to spend the squad funds to order a Gauss Rifle, and I'll spend my own funds on getting 100 Flares until we're able to discuss spending funds as a squad."

Dahn walks over to the group, fully armoured. Did he sleep like that? Who knows. But he's listening to Ratodx talk, keeping quiet. Maybe, at least. It's hard to tell what he's paying attention to when his helmet is on.

Ratodx waves and continues what he's doing.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 24, 2016, 12:11:37 pm »

Danh gives a quiet little nod to Ratodx, focusing on something else for the moment.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 24, 2016, 12:15:21 pm »

Reserti arrives at the town square to find the father at the exact same spot where his daughter was shot, holding her now-cold corpse with a blank, shocked expression on his face.

It seems that maybe someone showed him pity and sprayed his daughter's head wound with the biogel for it to reconstruct her face, they probably didn't want to see a broken man holding his child who's missing half a face or something.

The blood's already been cleaned up by the janitors and the hole filled with cement.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 24, 2016, 12:27:22 pm »

Regon talks to Ratodx
"If ya wan' muh creditz den i can pass 'em in, it seemz loik some gitz in da squad will be needin' them, an' for da spirits, wan' me ta put it in termz for da less spiritually 'clined?".
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: October 24, 2016, 12:36:03 pm »

Regon talks to Ratodx
"If ya wan' muh creditz den i can pass 'em in, it seemz loik some gitz in da squad will be needin' them, an' for da spirits, wan' me ta put it in termz for da less spiritually 'clined?".
"Both of those would be appreciated, though only if you're sure you won't be spending it. I'll make sure you priority on gettin da new shooty dakka."

@Mako: "Regon has volunteered 25 credits of funds so we can use that for the Flares, and I'd like to get two tranq guns and a spare mag for both of them."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 24, 2016, 01:10:42 pm »

"I am not the "raise undying legions" type of Necromancer, so I know little about the Undead. Vampires drink blood and can come from Necromancers who died particularly...emotional deaths. I can detect life, Undeath, and any mixes but other than that it's pretty iffy. Since the living are quite numerous here, although there's at least one less after the excitement the other day, and aren't our current mission detecting Undeath will be my main part in this.

Also now that you've seen a demonstration of Arkras policy I hope you better understand our jobs. If murder solves the problem best, then murder is what we do. I do have to say that I disagree with what happened though."

(I hope you guys realize that you've been mistreating and being very rude to someone whose background has a lot in common with serial and spree killer profiles who not only has done at least one spree killing, but is also a serial killer and wields powerful death magic. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BullyingADragon)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 24, 2016, 01:16:10 pm »

"Well as long as ya can get me sum betta gea' you can use muh credz for da squad. But for da spirit side of fings, Da woods be dyin', da swarm be gettin' redy for a biggun feast, probly frum if da forest dies completly an' da windz be all excited for da storm."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 24, 2016, 01:17:26 pm »

((P sure the majority has not mistreated Khaiden. Some have been dicks tho))

Khaiden would very possibly have knowledge on spectral and ethereal undead. He'd also theoretically have the capacity to make them, although an occultism specialty would help with that.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 201