Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159774 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1665 on: October 22, 2016, 11:55:55 pm »

"Some yes some no. Some seek to snuff light, some seek to flee it."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 22, 2016, 11:57:54 pm »

"Some yes some no. Some seek to snuff light, some seek to flee it."
"...Well shit. Do you know which ones, or does it vary within groups?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 23, 2016, 12:07:28 am »

"It varies. However they all like to lurk within the Dark."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 23, 2016, 12:14:18 am »

"It varies. However they all like to lurk within the Dark."
"Thank you very much. All of this information has been very useful and hopefully we have a better chance of not dying. Presuming we survive feel free to ask a favor since I owe you one. Do you mind if I ask your name, I don't believe I got it."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 23, 2016, 12:20:37 am »

"I am Magi Riki. And I will hold you to that Favor."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 23, 2016, 12:23:17 am »

"I am Magi Riki. And I will hold you to that Favor."
"It has been a pleasure Magi Riki. Thank you kindly for your assistance and I hope you have a pleasant evening. Reserti? If you have no further business here, we should probably head to our quarters. I have a tale or two I promised you and we all have some planning to do."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 23, 2016, 12:30:20 am »

"You as well." Riki walks off. Passing out of sight for a moment as she walks past a lamppost and.. Is gone. Huh.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 23, 2016, 04:18:43 am »

[11+0{Intentional minimal effort}] You stabilize Amadou and set the bones. He'll have a godawful headache in the morning though. It's probably advisable to have someone cart him over to the medical tent on a stretcher.
(Is Amadou being left lying at the crash site?))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:24:48 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1673 on: October 23, 2016, 04:34:23 am »

Reserti pets his bird, "Sure, one second, Ratodx, gotta go put him back."
Reserti deposits the bird back at the stables and runs back to Ratodx.
"Alright, goblin, tell me your story," he says good-naturedly.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 23, 2016, 04:46:54 am »

[11+0{Intentional minimal effort}] You stabilize Amadou and set the bones. He'll have a godawful headache in the morning though. It's probably advisable to have someone cart him over to the medical tent on a stretcher.
((No idea. If it turns out yes I'll have him hauled over to the medical building by medics. Can't see em wasting materials on him though after he pulled two stunts in one day.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 23, 2016, 08:48:34 am »

[/quote]
((Sorry about that. Got busy and then went to sleep.))

Dexter runs over to the infirmary any grabs a stretcher, then goes back to grab Amadou with Ragon.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 23, 2016, 01:06:31 pm »

Reserti pets his bird, "Sure, one second, Ratodx, gotta go put him back."
Reserti deposits the bird back at the stables and runs back to Ratodx.
"Alright, goblin, tell me your story," he says good-naturedly.
"Alright- aaand that's Amadou in a stretcher. MEDICAL IS THAT WAY! Ratodx points them in the right direction to make sure they get there.

"So, you'd asked what experience I have that makes me qualified to lead a squad. Since you opened up the conversation with the number of people you've seen die. I've been on Gaia for about a bit more than a fifth of a century. Four years into that fifth, I experienced my first loss of someone I cared about. A little bit after that I committed my first murder. Feel free to connect that two points."

"So let's see, within two years after that, three siblings dead, a few uncles and an aunt or four. I'm part of the "trading" group at this point, having my magic tested and trained so I won't make things complicated and then shoved off. First raid and we lose some people, some good ones, some bastards. By the third raid I'm about the most experienced newbie that hasn't died yet. Less than a year after that I'm part of the main group sent to wreck and take shit, because there isn't much anyone left to get sent there."

"So we're about year 8 into this. Between then and now I've been about everywhere in the squad chain of command for one reason or another, so I've been doing this for over sixteen years. I'm not the stealthiest. I'm not the most skilled. I can't wreck shit as well as the best of em. And I definitely can't take a bullet to the brain. What I do have is the smarts to make sure that I don't need to be the best to succeed and that the people I work with don't need to be the best to survive. That's why I'm qualified to take command when needed."

"That's also why when I tell you to sit your ass down, it isn't because you're some hot headed elf who thinks he knows it all, it's because I think that if you don't sit your ass down, bad shit is gonna happen. When we're in a fight, there's no time to explain everything, so a squad needs someone who understands what's going on and can give out orders so that we all make it out alive, or alive enough anyway. Right now, you aren't that person. You can be, one day, but you need a lot more experience being in a squad and you need to do a lot more learnin about how leadership works and about how combat works in general. We can spend some time working on that if you like, once the mission is done, and Akras almost certainly has stuff that can help as well. Til then, you need to keep a cool head and an eye out. Pay attention and let the squad know what those elf eyes see. And what those ears hear. Hearing is just as important as seeing."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1677 on: October 23, 2016, 03:40:57 pm »

Reserti looks humbled by Ratodx's story. When it finishes, he asks in a small voice, "D-do you want to hear my story?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 23, 2016, 03:43:18 pm »

Khaiden's been walking back to the main group with the gathered Viza parts. (Where is he?)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 23, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »

"Da git'z legz are not broken, 'e can walk ta medical"
Regon stops on his way back to listen to Ratodx and nods his head.
"Da gobbo iz right, Yer got spirit and dat'z all gud, but commin' frum an Elf society, yer dunno wot it'z like to fight with yer life and the lives of yer friends on da line, in orc society, yer strong, or ya die".
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 201