Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159761 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1650 on: October 22, 2016, 08:54:05 pm »

"...granted." Danh growls.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »

"Thank you." Ratodx then bolts out of the house towards where Khaiden's geomarker is.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1652 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:27 pm »

Reserti dismounts from his bird and walks up to the Kobold, lowering himself to the bold's level, "Hey there. I'm Reserti, beloved of the fair maiden Iúlwen. Animal caretaker and mounted archer of the Thúinoúath Village Guard. You are?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 22, 2016, 08:57:47 pm »

An angry Danh begins obsessively cleaning his rifle, LMG, and flamethrower.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 22, 2016, 09:02:41 pm »

Reserti dismounts from his bird and walks up to the Kobold, lowering himself to the bold's level, "Hey there. I'm Reserti, beloved of the fair maiden Iúlwen. Animal caretaker and mounted archer of the Thúinoúath Village Guard. You are?"
You hear a drawn out sigh and some quiet muttering.
"Bloody elves and their bloody titles. Why do they need to speak so much? Just wanna go back to sleep."

"I am Magi Riki."

"Thank you." Ratodx then bolts out of the house towards where Khaiden's geomarker is.
You find a robed Kobold, Reserti, and one of his birbs as you slow from your sprint.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 22, 2016, 09:23:10 pm »

Upon reaching Amadou, Regon performs a shoddy ritual to align his bones and stop any internal bleeding, using simple growth runes and very little chanting, only using a small amount of the local energy.
"Yer not wurf da spirit's gifts, next time, i'll be lettin' ya bleed ta deaf."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 22, 2016, 09:29:00 pm »

Upon reaching Amadou, Regon performs a shoddy ritual to align his bones and stop any internal bleeding, using simple growth runes and very little chanting, only using a small amount of the local energy.
"Yer not wurf da spirit's gifts, next time, i'll be lettin' ya bleed ta deaf."
[11+0{Intentional minimal effort}] You stabilize Amadou and set the bones. He'll have a godawful headache in the morning though. It's probably advisable to have someone cart him over to the medical tent on a stretcher.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 22, 2016, 09:35:01 pm »

"Bloody elves and their bloody titles. Why do they need to speak so much? Just wanna go back to sleep."

"I am Magi Riki."

You find a robed Kobold, Reserti, and one of his birbs as you slow from your sprint.
"Hello!" Ratodx stops to breath for a moment. "I'm going to guess that you're who Khaiden was talking to? I'm Ratodx, second in command of GT 0047. I see that you'd rather be elsewhere right now, but if you'd be willing to share your expertise on a few things so we're less likely to die, I would greatly appreciate it."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 22, 2016, 09:44:26 pm »

"I am Magi Riki."

"Hello!" Ratodx stops to breath for a moment. "I'm going to guess that you're who Khaiden was talking to? I'm Ratodx, second in command of GT 0047. I see that you'd rather be elsewhere right now, but if you'd be willing to share your expertise on a few things so we're less likely to die, I would greatly appreciate it."
"State your questions."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 22, 2016, 10:57:24 pm »

"State your questions."
"Thank you."

Ratodx then goes on a ramble of questions. "What do you know about vampires? Can you sense anything off, weird, or useful about the surrounding areas? Any idea what specific magic might have been on the leech things? What are your thoughts about a Necromantic storm that hasn't stopped for over 83 years and hasn't caused any marshlands? What type of creatures do you think might be in a magical darkness that's stood there for that long?"

"Any team members have any questions they want to ask the Magi? Regon, have you noticed anything about the nature here?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 22, 2016, 11:02:44 pm »

"They're undead and they drink blood. Almost none of the trees are alive but they look alive on the surface. No clue. Storm's an old storm. Very large Foci for anything dealing in Turbulence and Disruption. No clue why there wouldn't be marshlands. Grue, Darklings, Deepcrawlers, Teeth, Yuyu."

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 22, 2016, 11:09:21 pm »

"Uh, sumfin' might be a lill' worrying, da storm dat'z brewin' over da forest iz drainin' da life energy dat da forest letz off, da longa we leave dis, the stronga da vampire be gettin', I fink dat we betta set out 'night, rada den waitin' till tomorrow."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 22, 2016, 11:17:01 pm »

"Uh, sumfin' might be a lill' worrying, da storm dat'z brewin' over da forest iz drainin' da life energy dat da forest letz off, da longa we leave dis, the stronga da vampire be gettin', I fink dat we betta set out 'night, rada den waitin' till tomorrow."
"They're undead and they drink blood. Almost none of the trees are alive but they look alive on the surface. No clue. Storm's an old storm. Very large Foci for anything dealing in Turbulence and Disruption. No clue why there wouldn't be marshlands. Grue, Darklings, Deepcrawlers, Teeth, Yuyu."
Ratodx relays what Regon said, at least the bit about the forest being drained. "That's...not good. At all. Over 83 years of feeding off the forest and who knows what else...shit. Details on grue, darklings, deepcrawleers, teeth, and yuyu? They're unfortunately not my area of expertise."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 22, 2016, 11:28:00 pm »

"Grue wait and eat, they have tendrils. Darklings are Shadows, they hunt and eat. Deepcrawlers watch. Then they pounce. Teeth are what they sound like. Nobody ever sees anything but the Teeth. Yuyu are sapient Shadows. They travel in groups. They tend to Take those who are alone away."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 22, 2016, 11:30:23 pm »

"Grue wait and eat, they have tendrils. Darklings are Shadows, they hunt and eat. Deepcrawlers watch. Then they pounce. Teeth are what they sound like. Nobody ever sees anything but the Teeth. Yuyu are sapient Shadows. They travel in groups. They tend to Take those who are alone away."
"Would enough light or Light scare them off at all?"
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 201