Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159790 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1635 on: October 22, 2016, 08:19:11 pm »

"Greetings."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 22, 2016, 08:20:13 pm »

Regon audibly sighs and heads over to Amadou
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 22, 2016, 08:22:16 pm »

Regon audibly sighs and heads over to Amadou
In your slightly more expert but still not very expert opinion. He's drunk as fuck, has a broken arm, and may or may not have a large bump on his head judging by the way his one usable arm is clutching at his skull. He probably will live, but given, he's wearing armor, you can't see anything under it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 22, 2016, 08:22:49 pm »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 22, 2016, 08:33:02 pm »

Ratodx hears the crash and scream and just sighs. It has been a longer day than he's wanted.
"Boss, some ideas before we ship out. I'd been thinking over the data Mako brought in. The VTOL isn't likely to be able to go through the storm and we aren't likely to be able to use magic for long enough to be able to see properly for long enough. I'm thinking that we could use squad funds to buy a Gauss Rifle for the escalation and ability to wreck things, and if the squad is alright with it we can all chip in a credit to get a crap ton of flares so we can actually see when we get in there. I've also got a plan or two for how to do the approach since the VTOL won't be able to provide as much support as we'd like. Before I get into though, any idea what was goingon out there? Because I think I know but I'm hoping I'm wrong."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 22, 2016, 08:34:09 pm »

"Are you the contact here? If so do you have suggestions for our current assignment?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 22, 2016, 08:36:51 pm »

"Are you the contact here? If so do you have suggestions for our current assignment?"
"....Khaiden, are you talking to someone? Someone with useful intel? If so, please invite them back to the squad quarters so we can all hear what they have to say."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 22, 2016, 08:37:17 pm »

"We heard a noise. It was sky leeches. I shot the sky leeches, and Khaiden insisted on calling a magi specializing in abominations. They're busy blowing eachother, I dunno. And our helmets have built in sonar and night vision. Not sure the flares would be useful. I do approve of the gauss, though."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 22, 2016, 08:37:56 pm »

"No. I am not. I literally only came out here because I was told something interesting was here. As for your current assignment from what I've been told. Get the vampire or vampires. Bring it back. Preferably alive. Or Unalive technically. Bonuses if you get the bugger's books. It's been around for what? At least 83 years? It'll have something to entertain itself. Probably books."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 22, 2016, 08:39:06 pm »

"Do you have any more information on the Vampire? The mission briefing was brief."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: October 22, 2016, 08:40:23 pm »

"Do you have any more information on the Vampire? The mission briefing was brief."
"No. I do not. There is a reason Akras wants it. And that reason is knowledge."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 22, 2016, 08:41:46 pm »

"We heard a noise. It was sky leeches. I shot the sky leeches, and Khaiden insisted on calling a magi specializing in abominations. They're busy blowing eachother, I dunno. And our helmets have built in sonar and night vision. Not sure the flares would be useful. I do approve of the gauss, though."
"As I understand it, NV needs some amount of light to function. Mako's readings say there is no light in there. At all. The lightning won't provide consistent enough light for it to be useful and any light sources we hopd ourselves have the potential to be attacked and used to distract us in some fashion. Flares provide enough light and allow us to have our hands free. Just need to shoot another few ahead when needed."

"Khaiden. Please invite your friend to the squad quarters. Please."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 22, 2016, 08:44:11 pm »

"Very well. Good evening."

Starts walking back. Calling squad:

"No, they will not be adding support as they were here for interest not aid. Same plan as before then. I'm heading back"

Khaiden heads back.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 22, 2016, 08:45:25 pm »

"...huh. Yeah. Guess flares would be good. Wait, hold on, KHAIDEN,  keep non-squad out of the squad quarters!"
Glaring at Ratodx, he says, "I'm not letting the thing out there come near me, or any of us. I dont care what you want to do with it after this mission, but I'm not going to let it interfere."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 22, 2016, 08:48:00 pm »

"....Very well. Permission to track down the asset before they leave so I can ask them questions?"
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 201