Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159821 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1590 on: October 22, 2016, 05:42:41 pm »

"Ah yes, you weren't there. He's not the kind of person you forget. He's an expert in abominations, so he'd probably be the one to consult. Just treat him with respect."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 22, 2016, 05:59:59 pm »

Amadou comms the team: "The shooting stopped, is it over? is everyone all right? Am I or the LMG needed or should I turn back?"
On being answered affirmatively on being over, he'll stop, turn off the NV and use the lights.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:02:07 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 22, 2016, 06:09:31 pm »

Alriiiiiight. Don't say ya weren't warned.

Amadou startles awake from a restless sleep to the sound of gunfire. Quickly grabbing his gear, he hears the team chatter, looks at the darkness, sees only bursts of automatic fire, and activates night vision.

It's still too early, his BAC fells close to .20...
His eyes are a bit blurry and having some trouble to focus, his tongue was scoured by the Sahara, his stomach has definitively seen better days, and his head seems about to split into at least six parts, but duty, and the team's needs demand him to just go.

Wasting precious seconds, he pops a couple of light analgesics and caffeine and quaffs a big amount of water for the ponding headache that hits him with both blunt hammers behind the head and from the eyeballs to the temples and sharp stilettos on the top of his head.

"Guys, I'm on my way. The trike has a searchlight, I'll be with you in an instant."

Though knowing he's still very drunk, but alert from the adrenaline rushing in his system, he takes the trike - and the mounted LMG - to where the other are. To prevent blinding their night vision, he trusts his helmet and goes with the lights off.
He goes slowly, aware of his current limitations, and at the same time tries to keep an eye out for the attackers.

((Alcohol is metabolised at 0.016 BAC per hour. Caffeine and adrenaline can increase the alertness and mitigate the intoxication effects but they don't increase the amount of enzymes, so the metabolism rate is unaffected.
In the future there probably is some medicine to clear it from the bloodstream, but since Amadou wasn't expect having to deal with anyone getting drunk, he didn't have any.))
Stumbling to the trike, you're Sure you aren't forgetting anything. You clamber aboard and start it up. [15-10 {Shitfaced and Exhausted}=5]

The vehicle immediately takes off, you realize that drunk people are Really bad at coordinating themselves. much less Driving a goddamn vehicle at a reasonable speed. You swerve towards the group in a panic and are flung from the vehicle as the entire thing tips sideways and goes into a chaotic roll. You're damn lucky you remembered to put on your helmet and armor, otherwise you'd be smeared across the landscape. As it is. You probably have a severe concussion from cracking your head on the ground and your arm really shouldn't be bending that way. Fuck. Everything hurts.

The rest of the group hears a Very loud crash coming from the general direction of the barracks and a cry of pain.

Amadou comms the team: "The shooting stopped, is it over? is everyone all right? Am I or the LMG needed or should I turn back?"
On being answered affirmatively on being over, he'll stop, turn off the NV and use the lights.
((You're shitfaced from drinking Pure, watered down Ethanol. Got an hour of sleep. And quite literally died the day before. You are in no position to coherently do anything.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:13:48 pm by Kevak »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 22, 2016, 06:14:49 pm »

Danh frowns at Khaiden, and speaks into comms at the drunkard. "It's all taken care of."
Looking at the necromancer now, he begins to speak, "Expert in abominations? Yeah, I've heard enough. Not calling that fuck. If he wants to see something like this, he can come and see it himself."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 22, 2016, 06:16:13 pm »

Danh frowns at Khaiden, and speaks into comms at the drunkard. "It's all taken care of."
Looking at the necromancer now, he begins to speak, "Expert in abominations? Yeah, I've heard enough. Not calling that fuck. If he wants to see something like this, he can come and see it himself."
You most definitely did not hear the drunkard on the comms. You heard a crash and a shout.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 22, 2016, 06:20:31 pm »

Surprised, Danh turns around, trying to locate the source of the noise.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 22, 2016, 06:21:10 pm »

"You're against requesting the help of an expert because I recommend them?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 22, 2016, 06:22:07 pm »

((If that was only an hour later, he wouldn't be awake. I specified that he drank enough for a BAC of 0.3, and that alcohol metabolises at 0.016 per hour. Even if he was roused by a bucket of water (with that much alcohol the building collapsing around him wouldn't suffice, much less some distant firefight), he would barely be capable of crawling.))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 22, 2016, 06:22:58 pm »

Surprised, Danh turns around, trying to locate the source of the noise.
Danh can see what looks suspiciously like parts of a very familiar Trike across the landscape with an unmoving body of someone laying some ways away from it. You are pretty sure arms are not supposed to bend in that direction.

((If that was only an hour later, he wouldn't be awake. I specified that he drank enough for a BAC of 0.3, and that alcohol metabolises at 0.016 per hour. Even if he was roused by a bucket of water (with that much alcohol the building collapsing around him wouldn't suffice, much less some distant firefight), he would barely be capable of crawling.))
((Then why did ya have em wake up in the first place?))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 22, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »

Dexter hears the crash and goes to investigate. Upon finding Amadou, he will attempt to assist him.

Over comms: Operative injured. I need a medkit over here.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 22, 2016, 06:27:44 pm »

((I thought that it was late in the night, a couple of hours before dawn, since everyone were tired from the previous late into the night/early morning instruction sessions and went to bed early.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:29:28 pm by Maegil »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 22, 2016, 06:29:02 pm »

Danh goes over to the trike, while saying to Khaiden, "No, not that, it's because I don't want to have any disgusting bastard who specializes in making abominations anywhere near me." His voice is full of spite.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 22, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »

"So just because he's an expert in something he makes them? The fact that he does make them does not excuse your assumptions. I'll remind you that Akras is expecting us to succeed and if we fail because your prejudice kept you from using all available resources it will be the squad leader who is called to account."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 22, 2016, 06:32:48 pm »

((I thought that it was late in the night, a couple of hours before dawn, since everyone were tired from the previous late into the night/early morning instruction sessions and went to bed early.))
((Nope. Be glad you rolled relatively good though. Hitting the VTOL Was in the rolling table if you had gotten a lower roll. As it is, ya only hurt yourself and the relatively cheap Trike.))

Danh goes over to the trike, while saying to Khaiden, "No, not that, it's because I don't want to have any disgusting bastard who specializes in making abominations anywhere near me." His voice is full of spite.
The Trike looks like a wreck. You might be able to salvage parts to get some of the price back though if you have any technical knowhow. The LMG looks like it works still, might wanna get it looked at just in case however.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 22, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »

"If you wanna suck this guy off so bad, then why don't you call him, huh?" Shouldering his rifle, he bends down, and begins to detatch the LMG.
"And if you wanna be the leader, go talk to Akras, by all means. I hate it anyways."
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 201