Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160024 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1065 on: October 17, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »

So everyone's all preparing and waiting, with traps set around the VTOL parameters. The Pilots are staying inside in case someone tried to sneak up on them.

What's the approach plan?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 17, 2016, 05:54:18 pm »

Amadou gets the megaphone and his SMG. H boards the trike's bed and waits for Danh and Mako.

"Mako, we're going to parley. Please take us half way to the gate and sound the horn."

When that is done, he'll use the megaphone to tell the fort to send forth an envoy.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 17, 2016, 05:58:44 pm »

Using the translator to shout with the Megaphone at them, the gate soon opens and out comes a human in full plate armor riding a deceptively small Kelpie along with eight armed and armored men following on foot, two of them are carrying elaborate flags as they approach these stranger.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 17, 2016, 06:08:50 pm »

Danh casually takes the nozzle off his fuel pack, and holds it in both hands, aiming it at the ground. His Bullpup carbine sits next to the fuel pack, waiting to be used. The man looks the various other men over, knowing that the flamer could do some damage. That knight would get cooked in his armor, should the flame be kept on him for long. At least, Danh thought that. Not 100% sure.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1069 on: October 17, 2016, 06:11:25 pm »

((Sorry for not being active lately, guys. HSC and Liberal Crime Squad beckoning. As for how Reserti rides his birbs, I'm just gonna say that it could be handwavium. It's not really important besides some offhand mentioning.))

Reserti will have taken one of his birds and ridden that instead of the VTOL. As he mounts, he mutters something about not trusting in things which are not flesh. He checks to make sure his arrows are secured in the quivers and pulls the flaps over the quivers, stopping the arrows from falling out in evasive maneuvers. The flaps are designed such that a hand can slip around and pull an arrow out even while the flap is secure, but it takes twice as long to take an arrow out.

Reserti watches the VTOL rise with the team on board and waves while he checks his saddlebags.

Then the birb stretched it's powerful wings and flapped twice, revelling in the feel of the air. Reserti reaches over and strokes the bird's feathers gently, speaking to it soothingly. After something Reserti said, the bird rears its head majestically and launches from the ground with strong, sweeping flaps. The bird's talons dug into the dirt, ripping up the grass.
Then Reserti is airborne and follows the VTOL at a distance. He keeps his eyes peeled on the ground.

About ten minutes after the VTOL lands, so does Reserti, "Well, that was fun." he says as the bird touches down.

He takes to the air above the trike, searching out and keeping a close eye on the six balliste
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:13:54 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 17, 2016, 06:12:11 pm »

I'm rather certain birbs would not be capable of keeping up with the VTOL.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 17, 2016, 06:13:36 pm »

Danh casually takes the nozzle off his fuel pack, and holds it in both hands, aiming it at the ground. His Bullpup carbine sits next to the fuel pack, waiting to be used. The man looks the various other men over, knowing that the flamer could do some damage. That knight would get cooked in his armor, should the flame be kept on him for long. At least, Danh thought that. Not 100% sure.

Looking at the assorted primitives, you see what you'd expect to see on these backwater primitives. The Knight looks shining, but even 'shining' is still dirty as fuck without modern cleaning solutions. The assorted guards were a sorry sod, smelly, stinky, one of them looks like he shat his pants a week ago and haven't washed.

Ugh, fuck. No wonders why Akras pressure-washed the Auxiliaries.

They wear chains, hard-boiled leather and metal plates. Usual stuff, your knife could probably pierce 'em though. They look shoddy enough, not precise like machine-made stuff.

[The birbs won't be able to keep up with the VTOL unless they can fly in the speed of at least Mach 1.]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1072 on: October 17, 2016, 06:15:25 pm »

Ugh, fuck. No wonders why Akras pressure-washed the Auxiliaries.

They wear chains... -snip-

[The birbs won't be able to keep up with the VTOL unless they can fly in the speed of at least Mach 1.]
Kinky.

[Fixed it, Reserti catches up after the VTOL lands]
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 17, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »

Frowning behind his helmet, he thanks whoever the hell made this thing that it's not letting the smell through.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 17, 2016, 06:24:53 pm »

(Maegil if you're supposed to be the squad leader communication is key, especially if you're not in the discord to keep in contact with, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but it's frustrating when we have to wait on your orders and sometimes you dont reply or are just not here at all.)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 17, 2016, 06:33:46 pm »

((They fire napalm; what they light up stays lit.))
((I was writing, but there were 6 posts in the meanwhile.))

"We are the spearhead of the forces of the people who has killed gods, in our own universe and in others. We of the Megacorporation Akras have taken this world for ourselves, and all that exists herein.

How powerful are we? WE KILL GODS! The holy relics of the empire? They're naught but the pikes our foot soldiers use; those are the weapons of our lost scouts.

We have no need for slaves, but we want your allegiance.

Surrender and we'll bring you wonders beyond your imagining. A war machine flying you saw already, and we have means to destroy this village and the entire area in less than a blink of an eye; but we can also bring perfect health, plentiful food, hot running water in every house and lights in every room that can be turned on or off. We can make machines to till the fields and weave the cloth, and improve your life in all ways.
Or you can refuse. Then we kill you and be done with a bunch of rebels.

Before you decide, do you want to see how powerful we are?"

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2016, 06:34:48 pm »

(my point remains, you should really be in the discord, everyone else is)
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2016, 06:38:04 pm »

((I thought this was a forum game, are you going to move the game there?))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 17, 2016, 06:38:33 pm »

(my point remains, you should really be in the discord, everyone else is)
((im not))

Be ready to attack, but don't provoke them.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 17, 2016, 06:39:17 pm »

((The discord exists to make communication far easier outside of IC stuff, as well as allowing people to ask questions of the GM and lore people with minimal hassle. There's no reason not to use the discord.))
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 201