Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160049 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #930 on: October 14, 2016, 02:11:07 pm »

While we are discussing magic I wish to ask you something Amadou. I have some knowledge of the conjuration of creatures and would like to put it to use in preparation for the mission but would like your permission to do so. If you agree to it I would also like your help in acquiring a few monkeys to help power the conjuring and for warding the area that the conjuring would take place at.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:17:09 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 14, 2016, 02:47:43 pm »

"That's easy enough, we can do it in the R&D lab. I have a monkey here that I meant to use in another experiment, but busy as I've been I have to return it...
Wait, today? Sorry, maybe after this lecture, but it's more important that Danh and I teach you guys how to use the helmets and weapons.

Everyone, please bring your helmets and weapons and gather around."

Amadou starts explaining how to operate the helmet, the basic functions such as night vision, overlays, tactical maps, IFF, and the like. Knowing that the others couldn't read the options, he kept it simple and mechanical, finishing by telling that it was likely that they'd forget, but they could and should ask one of the Terrans how to do it.

"Now, Danh, please explain them more about the weapons."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:01:51 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 14, 2016, 02:53:48 pm »

R&D*

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:16 pm »

"Uh, oi oi boss, i dun 'ave a 'elmet or 'ny dakka."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 14, 2016, 03:04:01 pm »

As Danh said, he had headed elsewhere to study up on tactics. Probably. So he's not in the room, walked out before everyone started talking about his least favorite subject, next to debt.
Unless Amadou called him over comms. In which case he'd reply with a slightly annoyed 'on my way'.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 14, 2016, 03:07:02 pm »

Khaiden hears the name "Danh" and wonders if that's the weird quiet guy who looks like he lost a large bet.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 14, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »

((Thanks, maybe it's me who needs R&R...))

Amadou is briefly flustered that Akras was about to send Regon on a mission without gear.
"What? Why? Er, didn't they give you your equipment after the induction course?"

((If Danh isn't back by the time Amadou finishes he'll call, but it'll be at least half an hour, maybe more since he's trying to train muscle memory rather than giving them proper instruction.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:11:19 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 14, 2016, 03:13:59 pm »

"A compromise would be for the best, I already got a concession from him and he's keeping his side - I got him to keep his misgivings to himself, but guys, you have to give him some time to adapt."

"You're the boss. As long as you know that he's not going to be able to avoid magic forever, that's more than good enough."

Ratodx then pays attention to Amadou's explanations and instructions, making sure to memorize the placement and symbols representing each option.
"Uh, oi oi boss, i dun 'ave a 'elmet or 'ny dakka."
"We can share my 'elmet 'n dakka til you haz urs. I got's a big dakka dat is better fit fa ya."

((Thanks, maybe it's me who needs R&R...))

Amadou is briefly flustered that Akras was about to send Regon on a mission without gear.
"What? Why? Er, didn't they give you your equipment after the induction course?"

((If Danh isn't back by the time Amadou finishes he'll call, but it'll be at least half an hour, maybe more since he's trying to train muscle memory rather than giving them proper instruction.))

"Might be a screw up. Supplies might be able to sort it out. I'm good for sharing gear with Regon for demonstration purposes, and he can have my Carbine until he gets his own, it's a bit large for me anyway."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 14, 2016, 03:32:06 pm »

Meanwhile, Danh was in a rec room, sitting on a couch with a small computer borrowed from logistics on his lap. Ignoring the other roomgoers, he had been, and is, researching modern infantry tactics, both traditional, and suggestions and practices in Akras's database. Thankfully, he'd been managing to pay attention to this, and not let his minds drift to literally everyone else in his squad. Cept Amadou. At least Amadou was Terran, even if he did do stuff in magic. And the kobold. The kobold seemed alright. No magic from him.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 14, 2016, 03:39:22 pm »

"No, Ratodx, he must have his own gear. Thank you for lending them for now, but I want you to support Vhan and you need a weapon; if the carbine is too big, try the bullpup. I'll settle this later, for now let's continue."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 14, 2016, 03:40:21 pm »

(What time is it?)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 14, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »

((After supper. It's been a long day...))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 14, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »

[I went to sleep and came back with things moving along nicely, nice. Now we just need to get Regon his own gear, maybe an introductory class or somehow bypass that via bureaucracy.. Then do that training thing for the squad, then you'll be ready to head out via the VTOL. Right?]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 14, 2016, 09:31:59 pm »

"A compromise would be for the best, I already got a concession from him and he's keeping his side - I got him to keep his misgivings to himself, but guys, you have to give him some time to adapt.

Please understand that our member most qualified to use weapons and teach them to the rest of us - yes, I'm including myself - has problems with magic.

As you said, Terra has no magi, it's even more uncanny to most of us than it must be for you to be around explosive microwaves and intelligent hand grenades. That is why I'm asking you to have some respect for his misgivings and avoid rubbing it in his face until he adapts... And adapt he must, and quickly, because we're in Gaia and, as you said, he's in a team of magi.

Regon, when we return I'll try to find a place for your rituals - maybe even outside where there's more nature than here in this aseptic underground."

"Perhaps just a separate room altogether to practice magic. That way the magi can practice freely without having to confine themselves to the corners of the room. Yes Danh will have to get used to it but we don't have to rush it."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 14, 2016, 09:33:19 pm »

"That's easy enough, we can do it in the R&D lab. I have a monkey here that I meant to use in another experiment, but busy as I've been I have to return it...
Wait, today? Sorry, maybe after this lecture, but it's more important that Danh and I teach you guys how to use the helmets and weapons.

Everyone, please bring your helmets and weapons and gather around."

Amadou starts explaining how to operate the helmet, the basic functions such as night vision, overlays, tactical maps, IFF, and the like. Knowing that the others couldn't read the options, he kept it simple and mechanical, finishing by telling that it was likely that they'd forget, but they could and should ask one of the Terrans how to do it.

"Now, Danh, please explain them more about the weapons."

Vhan pays attention and gets it with little trouble. This is a refresher after all.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 201