Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160201 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2016, 09:58:30 pm »

"Well, well... I didn't expect this development. So you can speak their dialect, Ratodx? That's good to know."
"Speak it? Boss, I grew up with it. If I didn't learn how to speak likka ork, I wouldn't've understood me own mum."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2016, 10:09:10 pm »

"Hmm, I see that I still don't know even the basics yet. A whole new world, with such new variety to learn..." Amadou's face goes a bit dreamy, and mine is going to look outright asleep in a few minutes. Good night, I'm off to bed.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:58 pm »

Reserti begins maintaining his bow. First he takes the string and waxes it, then he oils the wood. After that, he inspects each and every arrow.
When this is done, he goes to Amadou, "Sir, permission to visit my mounts and inspect the saddles and other gear?"

((I posted this a second too late, didn't I?))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2016, 10:13:19 pm »

(OOC)

I'm off to bed too.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2016, 10:33:36 pm »

"Hmm, I see that I still don't know even the basics yet. A whole new world, with such new variety to learn..." Amadou's face goes a bit dreamy, and mine is going to look outright asleep in a few minutes. Good night, I'm off to bed.

"Right! Before I forget Boss, the testers said something about making sure you took us to some sort of meeting thing before dinner. Do you know anything about that?" ((Just making sure we remember to do that.))
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 11, 2016, 11:05:58 pm »

Vhan doesn't stop at the commotion going on before them. They put on headphones long ago to focus on the trap. Once Vhan finishes they notice everyone looking a little tense. Vhan takes the headphones off and hops off the bed.

"Hello all I'm Vhan. As you can probably tell I'm a Lizard Kobold. It's a pleasure to met all of you and I look forward to working with all of you. I'm an experienced trapper and will also be acting as a scout in time."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:55:53 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 12, 2016, 03:57:35 am »

Quote from: somemildmanneredidiot
[color=brown
"Right! Before I forget Boss, the testers said something about making sure you took us to some sort of meeting thing before dinner. Do you know anything about that?"[/color] ((Just making sure we remember to do that.))
"Thanks, Ratodx. Let me schedule that with an alarm so I won't forget". Amadou does that, so the GM now has a nice preset IC way of sending us to the reunion whenever it's time.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #697 on: October 12, 2016, 04:10:41 am »

Reserti begins maintaining his bow. First he takes the string and waxes it, then he oils the wood. After that, he inspects each and every arrow.
When this is done, he goes to Amadou, "Sir, permission to visit my mounts and inspect the saddles and other gear?"

((I posted this a second too late, didn't I?))
((Maegil?))
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 12, 2016, 05:16:51 am »

"Yes, Reserti, you take care of them and they care for you.
I imagine that should take a while, so take your helmet's radio and I'll call you when it's time for the meeting."

((I imagine there is a way to detach the radio from the helmet))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #699 on: October 12, 2016, 05:36:49 am »

"I'm actually planning of taking a small bareback walk as well to make sure that the weight of the longgun won't impede them, so I'll take the hemlet with me. On that note, could you ask where exactly they were taken?"
((Aaaaand I'm off to bed, guys. Exams in the morning))

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 12, 2016, 08:24:46 am »

Regon smirks at Ratodx.
"Oi oi, wot's dis little green fing chattin loik an ork? An I 'aven't seen many udda orks eivar, mostly itti pointi 'eads and weird un's wiv blunt 'eads, dis place be groggin strange tho, i ain't spottin any green."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 12, 2016, 08:26:04 am »

((Regon would be able to recognize goblins. Seeing as how goblins and orcs are the same species.))

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 12, 2016, 08:28:02 am »

((In Regon's tribe, most goblins were killed on birth or rituals would be used to stop them from being born to stop the chance of them being born to stop the chance of them damaging the forest or world tree, so he wouldn't know what a fully grown goblin would look like.))
((Just assume he was asking why a goblin was talking like an orc))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:35:33 am by Kavrick »
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 12, 2016, 08:31:39 am »

((That seems unsustainable from a population standpoint. Goblins also aren't innately destructive to nature. This is something ye shoulda run by VK and I first. Resolved.))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:36:18 am by Kevak »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 12, 2016, 09:21:50 am »

"Ask in the security booth, they should know. Don't go too far, though, be ready to return in say, two hours... since you're still not used to the way we measure and handle time, I'll call you."

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 201