Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160199 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #675 on: October 11, 2016, 07:36:00 pm »

"Reserti, none of that. He's now one of us, and a company asset. I daresay that if we meet other orcs, we might be in a better position for an Orc shaman being with us than otherwise.... or would you rather try to negotiate with them yourself?"
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #676 on: October 11, 2016, 07:41:39 pm »

"I'm sorry for my attitude, but on my way here I was ambushed twice. Once was by a group of bandits led by an orc. Both of my friends died in my arms, so excuse me if I'm a little slow to warm up to people."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 11, 2016, 07:42:49 pm »

"I'm sorry for my attitude, but on my way here I was ambushed twice. Once was by a group of bandits led by an orc. Both of my friends died in my arms, so excuse me if I'm a little slow to warm up to people."

"If a the bandits were led by a human would you hate humans?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 11, 2016, 07:47:51 pm »

Amadou lets Khaiden deal with Reserti and watches the social interaction between Gaians. He ponders on just how much of it is genuinely native, and how much their interaction with Akras has modified their behaviour.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #679 on: October 11, 2016, 07:52:39 pm »

"I wouldn't hate them, but it'd sure take a lot of time for me to warm up to one. And humans don't have an extensive history of interfering with my peoples."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 11, 2016, 08:01:01 pm »

"That's completely irrational. Let me tell you a story:"

I had been captured and was on trial for a string of murders when I met the fairest man that ever lived. It's didn't matter what the defendant's looks, age, ethnicity, or gender was, he didn't care. What was important was whether or not they had enough money to bribe him. I told him where I had hidden my money stash and he found me innocent. On my way out, he leaned down and whispered in my ear: "Money is the best lawyer in Hell."

"That's when I learned what really matters. Power. Power is how much control you have over your situation. Power is how far you can go before you feel bad. And Akras understands that. Which is why they will not tolerate racism like you've displayed. Your racism causes our squad to be less powerful. If it's a choice between you and a more powerful squad, which do you think Akras will choose? Learn to let go of your prejudices or they will die with you.

Are we clear"

(OOC): Khaiden is using intimidate, but since it's a PC he can choose a reaction, right?
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 11, 2016, 08:02:42 pm »

And Danh has slipped out after quietly announcing his leave, and is currently at the range trying out the 5.56 Stormtrooper LMG. He'd be taking this onto missions, for now, so he best get a feel for it.

((I'm going to sleep now))

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 11, 2016, 08:03:40 pm »

"Our people gots along fer ages tho, we's been lookin afta da Ivuin togetha for eons."
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #683 on: October 11, 2016, 08:08:50 pm »

"I don't intend to start anything, but I will defend myself if I'm attacked. I can't watch an orc kill my best friend one day, then be best buds with an orc the next. I have nothing personal against this orc, just don't expect me to warm up to him quickly. In short, yes, you were very clear."
"Orc. I apologise for aiming my rifle at you. My village has not had the best relations with the orc warbands and personal grief clouds my vision. I am not your enemy, but betray the trust of myself or anyone else here and I will kill you personally."

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 11, 2016, 08:16:27 pm »

Regon crosses his arms with a dissapointed look on his face
"I dunno wot weird orks yous grew up wiv, but dem gits sounds like dey need a gud stompin"
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 11, 2016, 08:32:16 pm »

((Immediately after Reserti lowers his weapon))

Ok. Glad we could get that resolved.

((To Regon))

I'm sorry for our rude introductions. Reserti isn't usually like that. Anyway, the names Dexter.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 11, 2016, 08:37:12 pm »

"Right, that's enough. Reserti, we understand that you had problems with Orcs. Regon was not one of them. If we find those Orcs and they give us grief, you may do something about it, but right now it's you who're causing trouble.
So you don't personally like our new team member for whatever reason? It doesn't matter, you will refrain from hostilizing him, you will work with him, and you will save his life if required, and he'll do the same to you.
As Khaiden said, if your feelings hurt the team, the team may be better off without you, so stop it."

Amadou turns his back to Reserti and starts talking to the Ork, completely changing the subject.
"Now, Regon, what is the Ivuin? Also, earlier you mentioned wasting the 'spirits generis use ov loif'; what does that mean?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #687 on: October 11, 2016, 08:38:53 pm »

"Right, that's enough. Reserti, we understand that you had problems with Orcs. Regon was not one of them. If we find those Orcs and they give us grief, you may do something about it, but right now it's you who're causing trouble.
So you don't personally like our new team member for whatever reason? It doesn't matter, you will refrain from hostilizing him, you will work with him, and you will save his life if required, and he'll do the same to you.
As Khaiden said, if your feelings hurt the team, the team may be better off without you, so stop it."

"... As I just said. I won't cause trouble."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 11, 2016, 09:41:48 pm »

Ratodx appears at the doorway, having gotten distracted between getting the new gear and arriving at the squad's sleeping quarters. Upon seeing the other greenskin, Ratodx breaks out into a big grin. "Oi oi, git! Wazza ork doin' inna scrap'ole like dis? Ain't seen nuffin but oomies 'n pointy Eads en dis place. 'Ow's da fellas treatin' ya?" Translation: Hello respected new friend! It's a pleasure to meet you. You're the first sapient being I've seen here that hasn't been a human or an elf. How has your stay here been so far?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2016, 09:46:46 pm »

"Well, well... I didn't expect this development. So you can speak their dialect, Ratodx? That's good to know."

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 201