Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160292 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #570 on: October 10, 2016, 06:31:10 pm »

Meanwhile in the Newsquad barracks...
The 6'5" mountain of a man, Danh, or "Dan", as he had introduced himself to anyone who had asked. It's how most people said his name after reading his name tag or records. It was actually pronounced "Yahn", but he had only met a few people in his decade of working for Akras that knew that. One was a field instructor at the demolitions range, he was from China. Nice guy, if a little uptight. The other was another Vietnamese man, one of the other people who applied for the position in Hanoi. They were good friends, but when Dahn signed onto the gate raider program from normal security work, his friend, Bao, refused to go with him, saying it was nothing more than suicide. So, Bao stayed in Vietnam with the Akras branch there, while Dahn went to the US. A third guy knew his name, or, maybe more. He wasn't sure. Akras's men in black type agents all looked the same to him. They knew how to say his name perfectly, but Dahn was sure they were biologically programmed to be a mix of creepy and professional, while knowing EVERYTHING. Can Akras do that? Probably.

Anyway. On to more important matters.
Danh sat on the couch in front of the couch, watching a particularly brutal CMMA game. Cybernetic Mixed Martial Arts were always exciting, as the fighters always had some real top of the line bionics. And it goes until one of two can't fight, which can lead to fights being hours long, when one fighter has adrenal pumps to keep himself from passing out. Often times, there are deaths. Heart attacks from aforementioned pumps, plenty of people pushing their parts way past the limit, and plain ol' manslaughter. Agreements were always signed before hand, so if anyone was killed, no charges could be pressed.
Now, tonight's game was especially important. He had all of his final week's pay as a security goon on the line here. A whole goddamn .15 credits! If he won this, he'd maybe be able to get something nice, before he started his new job.

Sitting on the edge of his seat, he watched the two cyborgs go at it with bated breath, not aware of anyone who happened to be entering the barracks, or making coffee or something. Not like he'd likely care, either.

((If someone wants too, they can play the TV show. Otherwise, I can.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 10, 2016, 06:33:47 pm »

I'll play the TV scene:

"And now you die!"

"No I don't"

"Yes you do!"

"Oh no! I have been slain."

Maybe Dan should check his water supply.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 10, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »

Nah, whether the voice in his suggested getting a glass of water, or urinating, both could wait. Maybe the fallen guy he'd placed his bets on had a trick up his sleeve? Plenty of fighters had bionics that let they play possum, or something like that. He had no idea how it worked. Biting his lip, he kept watching.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 10, 2016, 06:40:04 pm »

Vhan has been in the barracks for some time now half paying attention to the match on tv, half trying to control flashbacks of the last time they were in a room like this. Vhan observes the mountain of a man eyes glued to the tv. Vhan was never a big sports fan. The flashbacks start again and Vhan starts humming a Kobold hymn to calm the nerves. Vhan's just hoping to get introduction out the way and that this time ends better than the last...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:50:11 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 10, 2016, 06:40:51 pm »

"Ultra-dragon rocket punch!"

'Stop-drop-and-roll dodge!"

"Over-the-top-Anime Attack Name!"

"Look, a bear!"

"Where?"

(Gunshot)

"WE HAVE A WINNER! It's Akras, because all you peons betting money lose! You suck! I am currently tea-bagging the camera"

Dan loses.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 10, 2016, 06:42:08 pm »

((Honestly I do not think you're very good at writing fight scenes.))

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 10, 2016, 06:43:29 pm »

((Idk sounded pretty realistic to me))
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 10, 2016, 06:44:27 pm »

((Honestly I do not think you're very good at writing fight scenes.))

I'm not good at writing scenes.

So I just write that the person watching the scene is on hallucinogens and add in ridiculousness and Anime references.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 10, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

((Frankly if someone made a legitimate roleplay post. It's generally proper to respond with something similar to Reasonable amounts of effort. Not a weirdass hallucinogen scene.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 10, 2016, 06:49:42 pm »

It's just in Dan's water supply and it wears off after a few minutes of not ingesting it.

It's a long story involving a genetically altered ergot specimen, a suicidal cat, and Akras not caring about anything other than profit, power, and continuing the first two.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 10, 2016, 06:50:13 pm »

What.
That was...weird.
Maybe Danh needed more sleep.
Ergh.
Sighing, he clicks the TV off, knowing that his account'll be drained of the only money in it.
.15 credits.
Floosh, down the gambling drain. Off to the website that he used to place his bet.
And now his account was a big fat zero again. A far cry from the 140 credits he needed.
Oh well, that's why he took this assisted suicide job.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 10, 2016, 06:52:12 pm »

Before the TV turns off:

"You cant silence me! I'll be baaaack(TV off)."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 10, 2016, 06:52:38 pm »

Reserti does everything the way he was shown and achieves good results with the bullpup (DEX=16). However, while achieving good results with the 10mm, he just didn't like the 10mm. "Sir?" he asked tentatively, "I don't like the shortgun. I can't hold it well enough to stop it from wanting to fly out of my hands. With the longgun, I could stop it from flying out of my hands easy enough."

"If I may, sir, could I loose a few arrows downrange?"

((Also, yay, the bullpup's first appearance!)

The instructor shrugs. "Go ahead."

Melnakos does okish with the ten millimeter and the bullpup but notices that the guns make him feel quite sore after using them.

Human weapons are quite amazing.

"We are." The Instructor nodded with a proud grin.

"I don't think I can carry the guns and ammunition with my current body. Do you have anything lighter?"

The Instructor doesn't look impressed "Son, the Carbine itself is light enough for that Gobbo of yours to use, the pistol even lighter. It's about the lightest thing with as little recoil we have around, if you can't handle even the pistol then we're going to have a problem."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:11:47 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2016, 06:54:33 pm »

Before the TV turns off:

You can stop with the quote 'Saturday morning show' thing now. Keep that to the OOC thread.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2016, 06:56:48 pm »

Before the TV turns off:

You can stop with the quote 'Saturday morning show' thing now. Keep that to the OOC thread.

It was only for that one thing. It's done here.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 201