Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160319 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »

((I'm shaken, so I might not remember that. Even if I did remember it, under the present conditions I'd prefer to believe in Murphy's law and fall back to the basic training.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:08:50 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 03, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »

Alright, Khaiden will attempt to mend his body, while also drawing on any other life-forces in the area to help. Not his allies, but plants, fungi, microscopic organisms, etc. If he's healed enough to function without harming himself, he will try to get to a safe spot with others between him and the enemy.

You've went through a lot of shit as a Necromancer, nobody liked you and everybody wanted you dead. Honestly this isn't your first scuffle, it's not even the first time you find yourself so damned crippled.

Draining passive energy, it's pretty low and slow, but you're recovering and mending steadily. It'll take some time, but you'll make a full recovery..

Or you can eat someone's life force and use that to fuel your own for accelerated recovery.

...run towards the stairway as if a demon was after me, manically yelling at the mic:
"SECURITY, FLASHBANGS! THROW FLASHBANGS IN MY PATH; I'M GOING TO THE STAIRS. FLASHBANGS ON ME, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"
If I see security agents throwing flashbangs in my path, I'll close my eyes and cover my ears, and keep running for as many steps as I reckon possible without hitting a wall while yelling to unblock the inner ears.

Though you have a helmet, you choose to close your eyes and cover your 'ears' when you see a bunch of security downstairs starts flinging Flashbangs up the stairs. Running down the stairs with your eyes closed proves to be a terrible mistake as in your slight panic, you trip over your own leg and thus began your painful decension.

You cracked your faceplate against the stairs then rolled down, smacking and cracking yourself painfully down the stairs and ended up bowling the three securities at the base of the stairs, tangling everyone.

You think you might've broken something.. A random thing got into your mind and reminded you that stairs killed more people than guns do.

Kind of lurch out of the way against the wall and keep the light focused on the fucker so it keeps running past me.

You were about to cast more light before your world exploded trice. The lights so bright it felt like you were looking at the sun for hours, it burned your eyes, there were three terrible explosive bangs that hurt even worse. You didn't realise when did you get on the ground writhing, covering your eyes and ears in pain, nor do you
Hear your own screaming.

You think your ears are bleeding too, that can't be good..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:12:05 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 03, 2016, 08:12:49 pm »

Khaiden's not going to drain teammates at this point. It's a bad idea to weaken the people between you and the enemy.

He puts them between him and the thing and looks above it to see if there's something that could be dropped by weakening the ceiling. Khaiden can use Entropic Necromancy after all.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2016, 08:16:01 pm »

Khaiden's not going to drain teammates at this point. It's a bad idea to weaken the people between you and the enemy.

He puts them between him and the thing and looks above it to see if there's something that could be dropped by weakening the ceiling. Khaiden can use Entropic Necromancy after all.

You're in a different level to the thing, though you do see your Terran handler falling down the stairs and bowling there securities after a trio of very loud bangs.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2016, 08:19:07 pm »

You're in a different level to the thing, though you do see your Terran handler falling down the stairs and bowling there securities after a trio of very loud bangs.

Khaiden slowly and carefully walks out of the way, drawing out life as before as he does. At the top of the stairs: "Status report ASAP. Sorry about that, what's going on?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 03, 2016, 09:54:30 pm »

((Dammit vk, the character had enough sense to mind not go running into a wall with his eyes closed when the player only knew it to be on a corridor, he would certainly not be so idiotic as to throw himself down a flight of stairs. "Shaken" is not "in a blind panic"; at the very least I described taking basic precautions to avoid injuries and falling back on training!))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:12:17 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 03, 2016, 10:18:51 pm »

((Dammit vk, the character had enough sense to mind not go running into a wall with his eyes closed when the player only knew it to be on a corridor, he would certainly not be so idiotic as to throw himself down a flight of stairs. "Shaken" is not "in a blind panic"; at the very least I described taking basic precautions to avoid injuries and falling back on training!))

[Ah, sorry. I understood it as you trying to run down the flight of stairs with your eyes closed. :P So what exactly is he doing? Though the Gobbo's still going to get Flash-banged I think.]

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 03, 2016, 10:28:14 pm »

((Thanks. If he was arriving at the stairs when the flashbangs were thrown and had enough room, he'd have dived to the floor; If he was already on the stairs or too close, he'd have stopped and crouched into a ball with his back to the explosions.

If the goblin had received equipment, I guess he'd be using it both because I had ordered everybody to gear up before leaving the room, and because goblins and technology...))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:35:07 pm by Maegil »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 03, 2016, 10:32:12 pm »

((I had thought that the basic armor and helmet had been provided along with the first aid kit, though I don't remember there being anything specifically confirming that. If Ratodx is flash banged then Ratodx is flash banged.))
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 03, 2016, 10:39:33 pm »

[I recall only ever saying that the Gaians received Akras Logos on their clothings, Codebar Tattoo, Vaccinations, a food bar and a box of juice. They're going to need to custom fit a thing for Ratodx, Akras doesn't exactly have that many Gobbos yet and neither do they have child-sized gear.]

So Amadou ducked and curled into a ball when flashbangs were thrown above his head, you hear a trio of muffled poppings as your helmet does it's job to dampen the effects of flashbangs.

You realize that your Gobbo is still in that hallway and getting flash-banged Trice is definitely not a good experience, you don't need your doctoring skills to know this.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 03, 2016, 10:44:45 pm »

Ratodx will then ride the pain, hope to survive, and incoherently vow vengeance on the cause of the worst headache he's experienced since the Shaman almost killed him through stress testing Ratodx's magical capacity.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 03, 2016, 10:49:36 pm »

Turn the torch on and use it as a weapon, pointing it at the darkness to keep it at bay. "Guys, point your torches at the creature, light hurts it. let's drive it into a corner, then shepherd it to a containment cell. Dispatch, please send more people with flashbangs and handheld spotlights." Once the creature is clear of Ratodx, let the security agents keep pushing it and mend his ruptured eardrums and inner ears (it might be a bit disconcerting if things start sounding louder, but depending on the accumulated damage he might even end up hearing better). Amadou won't bother with the eyes for now, the vision should return soon.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:33:39 am by Maegil »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 04, 2016, 12:00:30 pm »

Ratodx will then ride the pain, hope to survive, and incoherently vow vengeance on the cause of the worst headache he's experienced since the Shaman almost killed him through stress testing Ratodx's magical capacity.

There was a sudden swift and strange feeling like someone tickling the inside of your ear.

Everything doesn't seems so bad immediately afterwards.

In fact, This is fine. Everything is fine.

Yes, the pain is fine too.

Turn the torch on and use it as a weapon, pointing it at the darkness to keep it at bay. "Guys, point your torches at the creature, light hurts it. let's drive it into a corner, then shepherd it to a containment cell. Dispatch, please send more people with flashbangs and handheld spotlights." Once the creature is clear of Ratodx, let the security agents keep pushing it and mend his ruptured eardrums and inner ears (it might be a bit disconcerting if things start sounding louder, but depending on the accumulated damage he might even end up hearing better). Amadou won't bother with the eyes for now, the vision should return soon.

The guards rushes up with torches and frantically look about to find the thing, but it just seems to be.. well, gone. With the guards looking for the thing, you ran up to mend your Gobbo's eardrums, which is considerably much easier than, say, mending a large open wound on the forearm or something similar.

Though he's got that weird look of someone high on recreational smoking plant. Maybe goblins have a thing for flashbangs?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 04, 2016, 12:31:35 pm »

((Is Ratodx wounded? If so, I'll heal his arm too before continuing.))

"Security Dispatch, the target has disappeared, I presume it destroyed by the flashbangs; still, please set up a search by agents armed with handheld spotlights and flashbangs just in case. Where are my wounded people?" ((I'm assuming they were removed from the elevator so it could be used again.))"

"Ratodx, can you walk? Your sight should return in a little while, here, let me help you." Aid Ratodx to the elevator, lead him to where the others are, and sit him down out of the way. Break and remove the arrow, and heal the wound. When the life-threatening wound is dealt with, work on the others.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:34:37 pm by Maegil »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2016, 12:37:23 pm »

((Is Ratodx wounded? If so, I'll heal his arm too before continuing.))

"Security Dispatch, the target has disappeared, I presume it destroyed by the flashbangs; still, please set up a search by agents armed with handheld spotlights and flashbangs just in case. Where are my wounded people?" ((I'm assuming they were removed from the elevator so it could be used again.))"

"Ratodx, can you walk? Your sight should return in a little while, here, let me help you." Aid Ratodx to the elevator, lead him to where the others are, and sit him down out of the way. Break and remove the arrow, and heal the wound. When the life-threatening wound is dealt with, work on the others.

[Ratodx only have busted eardrums.]

You took the Gobbos down to the level's infirmary but found out that Dexter's already got the arrow in him removed by medics.

Well, that engagement didn't go so bad. Nobody died and you're still completely unharmed! The target disappeared as well so that's a plus.

Report of the engagement and assessments will be expected.

Everyone gets 2 exp to spend or keep from the engagement, Credits TBD after Amadou submits a written report.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:39:39 pm by vkiNm »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 201