Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160326 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2016, 06:51:39 am »

Reserti attempts to roll the others off him and loose an arrow from his quiver as quickly as possible at the creature.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2016, 07:18:41 am »

Are you sure you want to roll someone who has an arrow jutting through their chest? Not to mention your everything seems quite broken. Are you sure that's something you want to do?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2016, 07:26:59 am »

Probably better than the alternative - on second thoughts, they do make a nice meatshield. They can stay.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2016, 07:52:34 am »

I'm so glad we could help so much. I've always wanted to be a meat shield with an arrow jutting through my chest
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2016, 12:16:08 pm »

"Target hostile, agents down inside the elevator. Someone below call the elevator NOW, take them out of here."
With the finger on the trigger, Amadou was ready to fire, and he does so while moving back towards an intersection to nullify the creature's ramming ability.
Once around the corner, if there is enough distance to bowl a grenade without blasting the elevator he'll do it.

"Roger that." The Security radio'd back, they must've pressed the call button as the Elevator begin to close by the time you dive for the corner, your little Goblin member right behind you.

You squeezed out several rounds at 621, and while there were some hits raking it's body, it doesn't appear to flinch. You think you're seeing a bit of black.. smokey ooze coming out of it when you peek out to bowl a frag grenade down it's path.

Reserti attempts to roll the others off him and loose an arrow from his quiver as quickly as possible at the creature.

After choosing to not roll your injured teammates off of you, you tried reaching for another arrow to nock to your bow.

This is when you realize that, hey. Maybe your arm shouldn't be bending that way.. In fact, you don't ever recall your arm bending like that at all, it's quite fascinating in a morbid sense.

Reserti failed his Con in the most hilarious way and is now high on Adrenaline and natural Morphine. Is this real life?

---

The Elevator's door closes just in time as the Fragment grenade blows up, showering the hallway and 621 with the many, many pieces of shrapnel that tears through it's fleshy skin effortlessly.

Once Amadou or your residential Gobbos peek over to see if it's dead yet, you'll see it still standing, though something is very clearly wrong. It's skins are all shredded, it's face cracked like pottery with pieces having fallen off or smashed in by shrapnel, that black, smokey thing flowly freely all around now. Then it's 'face' fell off, revealing another face within the swirling, writhing madness that is it's insides. Which appears to consist of.. some sort of live smokey shadow, it's freaky as shit.

Spoiler: face (click to show/hide)

With it's fleshy skin host falling apart around it, 621 let out an ear-piercing wail. The light bulbs save for the flashing, durable red alarm lights exploded.

Ḓ̗̱͎a̰̟̰r̘̪̖͚͠ḵ̮̳n̻̰͉͉̳̱e̹̠͇s̥s̹͇͔ ͖̗̜c͉̩̼̫͉̤ͅo͚͔̪͎͉ͅm̶͚͉̝͙̗e̜͖s̨̤̳̮̲͔̭̲

Realizing that you're fighting a Terror enemy, you've been briefed about such things before. It's the kind of things that gets people killed and damage properties, but only the best of briefings could've prepared you for something like this.

Amadou is now slightly shaken, all rolls receives a -1
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:37:20 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 03, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »

((I don't think you meant the "D" with eyes and hands holding books in dek-d, so I'll just assume that the image isn't displaying.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:28:42 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 03, 2016, 12:37:30 pm »

[Picture should be fixed now.]

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 03, 2016, 12:42:43 pm »

"Fuck your darkness, here we're all about the Light!" Ratodx pulls together more energy along with the energy he brought together earlier and creates a large blaze of light centered on that thing.

Pull together a bit more energy and Light Mr Spooky Scary Skeleton the fuck up. GTFO afterwards as discretion is the better part of valor.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 03, 2016, 12:48:46 pm »

Khaiden attempts to take stock of his injuries while moving as little as possible.

If it's serous, he says:

"Medic"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 03, 2016, 12:58:45 pm »

Scared but dutiful, Amadou will peek very quickly to see the effect of the light spell on the beast to know what to report, and...
((Sentence to be continued as soon as we know what he sees in a very quick peek.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:00:39 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 03, 2016, 01:12:39 pm »

Khaiden attempts to take stock of his injuries while moving as little as possible.

If it's serous, he says:

"Medic"

Your body feels relatively fucked. But really, you're in a way better position to survive than the rest of the team with your Necromantic energy. You've some broken limbs but you could probably magic it back into place, it's not like you're a Necromancer for nothing after all.

--

The Elevator opens, a team of Paramedics are already on the scene to help very carefully untangle the team and put them on stretchers so they can carry you out to safety.

"Fuck your darkness, here we're all about the Light!" Ratodx pulls together more energy along with the energy he brought together earlier and creates a large blaze of light centered on that thing.

Pull together a bit more energy and Light Mr Spooky Scary Skeleton the fuck up. GTFO afterwards as discretion is the better part of valor.

Your heart skipped a beat as you feel like a good deal of warmth left your body, colours seems to fade slightly from your vision as you blast out a large blaze of light. It dazes you slightly, having used so much magic at once. But you're still on your feet and you think you did a good.

Scared but dutiful, Amadou will peek very quickly to see the effect of the light spell on the beast to know what to report, and...
((Sentence to be continued as soon as we know what he sees in a very quick peek.))

621 writhed and screeched as it was hit by such an intense, bright light. It's form seems to spike away from the light source, twitching as if in pain.

It then decides that the best way to get away from it is towards you. And that thing is Fast.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 03, 2016, 01:24:45 pm »

Alright, Khaiden will attempt to mend his body, while also drawing on any other life-forces in the area to help. Not his allies, but plants, fungi, microscopic organisms, etc. If he's healed enough to function without harming himself, he will try to get to a safe spot with others between him and the enemy.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 03, 2016, 01:25:18 pm »

...run towards the stairway as if a demon was after me, manically yelling at the mic:
"SECURITY, FLASHBANGS! THROW FLASHBANGS IN MY PATH; I'M GOING TO THE STAIRS. FLASHBANGS ON ME, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!"
If I see security agents throwing flashbangs in my path, I'll close my eyes and cover my ears, and keep running for as many steps as I reckon possible without hitting a wall while yelling to unblock the inner ears.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:27:13 pm by Maegil »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 03, 2016, 01:29:20 pm »

Your helmet if you grabbed one should adequately protect from flashbangs.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 03, 2016, 01:31:15 pm »

Kind of lurch out of the way against the wall and keep the light focused on the fucker so it keeps running past me.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 201