Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160355 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2016, 11:58:19 pm »

((That tends to happen when I binge on SS13 as well.))

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2016, 11:58:42 pm »

(I personally kept bringing up getting medics because I thought Amadou was deciding between treating them on site or bringing them to the infirmary. Glad everyone ended up okay.)

Reserti looks offended when Ratodx said he could miss. "Are you doubting my skills as an archer? On my way here, I hit a dwarf who was perched in the treetops whilst flying on the back of a bird. The bastard had a pole-thingy and had hurt my friend" Nonetheless, the bowstring is relaxed to quarter-draw and the arrow pointed at the ground. "How does something that is not-alive throw sharp things at us?"
"Yes."

"Hah! The look on your face!"
Ratodx sobers somewhat and adds to Amadou's comment. "No, not really. I don't know your skill with the bow but you wield it as if you know how to use it. Like Amadou invokes though, weird occurrences happen. And you not missing could somehow make things worse."

"The answer to your second question is quite simply: your bow is a not alive thing that can throw sharp things. An answer that isn't meant to mess with you is that when magic charges up and isn't cast correctly, bad things happen. Arkras can apparently use electricity like magi use rituals, with the risks that carries."

E: When told to clean, Reserti looks cluelessly at the bottles of cleaner. He holds the mop like a spear. "Am I doing it right?" he asks, jabbing some of the debris with the pole of the mop, the shaggy end of the mop flailing in the air behind him.

Ratodx stares for a second before his desire to correct others overcomes his survival instincts as he comes over and attempts to physically correct the elf. "You- you have never needed to clean up a blood spill have you? It's not a weapon, it's a tool. The cloth filled end is used to absorb liquid which is then wrung out wherever one decides to get rid of liquid. Observe." Ratodx begins to properly use a mop due to the fact that goblins and orcs have a history of needing to clean up their own violent confrontations so as to have clean places to do !SCIENCE!. Once done his demonstration he hands the mop back to Reserti presuming that he managed to obtain it in the first place.

Ratodx then follows Melnakos's lead and helps with cleaning, probably through additional mopping.

Besides myself, Amadou, and Khaiden are there any other magi among us?

"I don't know how magi I am, but I've got the Gift if that's what you mean. It's a more subtle type than anything. More Flash than substance you could say."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:06:05 am by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2016, 12:01:13 am »

"It's a small annoying bug that you don't want up your nose, but you could probably get that from context.

Thank you, Ratodx, do help them with it. I'll show you what the products do in a moment, let me finish this report."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:02:58 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2016, 12:07:55 am »

Sometime after the mop was taken off him, Reserti unslings the bow off his shoulder, unstrings it and puts it in his case. "I was told we get to shoot stuff. When can we shoot stuff?"
"You say that these 'fly' are unpleasant. Could they be trained for fighting?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2016, 12:13:16 am »

"They're just unintelligent annoying vermin. They're useful and necessary in nature as decomposers, but not in this environment; if they get indoors we just kill them with insecticide - a poison spray."

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2016, 12:26:49 am »

"And the shooting of things?"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2016, 12:40:19 am »

"Remember that a little while ago I said 'beware what you wish for'? That's one of those things.
But don't worry, it'll be soon enough. If I were more cynical, I'd even say we should get a mission just after cleaning the mess up and sitting down to rest."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2016, 12:44:13 am »

Reserti sighs and helps clean up.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2016, 12:46:31 am »

Reserti sighs and helps clean up.

Khaiden never seems to be around when it's time to clean up. Almost like he blends in with the nearest authority figure.

(OOC): It's not magical, but Khaiden's mastered the art of not being picked.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2016, 12:53:43 am »

"Right, that should do for the paperwork. Let me show you what the stuff in these bottles do."
Send the reports and the request for a replacement microwave.
Explain the use of dishwashing soap, chlorine, ammonia, etc.. Be VERY CLEAR about NEVER mixing the chlorine and ammonia, as it produces a poisonous gas. Help cleaning, and see that everybody's doing it right.

((G'night, I'm off to bed!))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:56:31 am by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 01, 2016, 08:46:26 am »

((Wow. Go to bed and wake up to nearly two whole pages.))

Besides myself, Amadou, and Khaiden are there any other magi among us?
Yes, I specialize in destructive magics

"I was told we get to shoot stuff. When can we shoot stuff?"

I second this motion. I'm ready for some action.

Dexter follows Amadou's instructions and helps clean the room. 
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2016, 09:34:55 am »

"I was told we get to shoot stuff. When can we shoot stuff?"

I second this motion. I'm ready for some action.

(I can hear VK's evil laughter already…))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 01, 2016, 11:47:16 am »

When the place is cleaned up, check and subscribe any news about the evacuation progress. Look at the inbox to see if the lab sent word about the roaches, or if we got mission orders.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 01, 2016, 12:19:51 pm »

Evacuation progress is as following.

Akras Afrika have successfully launched their Megatransport and is on the way to the States now. Their Compound set to go nuclear.

Akras UK and Germany is already flying over the Atlantic, they all might be engaged by US Airforce and SAMs soon.

Akras Canada is having no problem at all.

Akras Japan continues to be dead to the world, things are not good.

Akras China failed to respond.

Akras Australia had a bit of a run-in with herds of Kangaroos and wild aligators but otherwise is fine and on their way now.

---

The team cleans up what mess there is in the room, the damned gooey glue-like substances being a pain to scrub off, The labs informs that the Roaches are printed and an intern is on their way with the container for you.

It's still been what, an hour? Two? after indoctrination. Post-adjustment briefings is still tomorrow, so you should have time to relax and get used to th-

The lights in the hallway began flashing red as a terrible wail cries through the whole compound.

To the Gaian, this all seems very strange, and all you know that something probably isn't right. It doesn't have that alarmed urgency of a town's bell being ringed for an attack, but every Akras Employees knows that sound well, even Amadou would've had this alarm drilled into his head. It meant only one thing,

Containment breach.

With your room being one of the many that's built underground to save valuable surface space, getting locked down meant there's no escape until the alarm is off. Containment for captured Gaian subjects are well below you by several levels, but they only have one way to go, that is up. Towards you.

Gaian members knows none of this, but Amadou knows very well the seriousness of this all and have the right to freak the fuck out like most of everyone in the same underground spiral here. You KNOW that if push comes to shove, Akras might decide to burn, flash freeze and burn the entire damned spiral again.

Oh yes, again. Amadou have heard of the 'Cowbell Incident', that resulted in six ruined floors on the main compound itself on Terra and billions in damage to assets and employees.

This all might just seems so silly to the Gaian, after all, you don't do Friendly fire. Gaian society meant Life is precious, and every member of the community is valued. This is especially true for the elves as each comrade is an important cog in the well-oiled state-owned machine that is communism. So surely, SURELY such a thing that would result in the death of so much member of one's own community is simply beyond repulsive and comprehension. So why the hell is your Terran Handler [presumably] freaking the fuck out?

See? there's Securities rushing out from their room here and piling up into the Elevator down. There wouldn't be calls for worries, right?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:22:23 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 01, 2016, 12:30:02 pm »

Uuum, Amadou? Would you mind telling us what that god-awful sound is?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 201