Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160377 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2016, 08:31:40 pm »

Next time please... Melnakos yelps! aim that at our future enemies instead of us new friend.

((I'm switching to a orange because it irritates me that I keep mistaking the orange glow for a red glow. So unless anyone has any objections I am going to edit my past posts to match this post's change.)) ((Also do we share a OOC thread with the other Castle game?))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:34:21 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2016, 08:36:58 pm »

((That changes everything. Editing sheet now, will edit into this post. I do suggest lumping animal skills into one skill, though. Someone who is trained to ride a horse knows how to care for one as a matter of course. Easier on the skillwallet, too.))
Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)
Fixed I think?
((Ja. Tis Arcanism>Imbuing>Spellbow))

((Imbuing is an Arcanism only counterpart to Occultism's Enchanting. Deals more in imbuing concepts and effects into items for a short time rather than lengthy high power and complex enchanting. The melee version of Spellbow would be Spellsword. Something that I have a feeling Vigil might eventually dabble in.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2016, 08:39:04 pm »

Next time please... Melnakos yelps! aim that at our future enemies instead of us new friend.

((I'm switching to a orange because it irritates me that I keep mistaking the orange glow for a red glow. So unless anyone has any objections I am going to edit my past posts to match this post's change.)) ((Also do we share a OOC thread with the other Castle game?))

(Yes, you share the same ooc.)
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2016, 08:46:11 pm »

Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)
Fixed I think?
Question: Could I replace the agent BDU + helm with traditional Elvish battlewear?
EDIT: Would HUDsunglasses be a thing? I mean, sure, he'd have to get used to it, and get them translated into Elvish.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:50:12 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2016, 08:48:45 pm »

((That works.))

((I don't see why not for the replacing it. However it wouldn't block modern flashbangs.))

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2016, 08:49:45 pm »

"Heh. Well I suppose if you want me to try to set that up again I could try, but I really don't know how that happened."

"Amadou, you sure you can't do some sort of signal or talk me through activating some sort of signal? I know you're our medic but I feel like we could use a couple more people here who know how to fix people to help out."

Assuming that Amadou talks him through it, Ratodx will try to signal a medical team. Otherwise he'll grab the first aid kit he has and offer the supplies inside as needed. He really does have an interest in keeping you all alive, if only so it doesn't reflect negatively on him. I mean, if he had intended to explode that to kill you all, he'd hope that it would have been a fair amount more effective with a lot less noise about it.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2016, 08:50:43 pm »

Reserti is writhing on the floor.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2016, 09:05:16 pm »

"All right, I wanted to try this in a more controlled environment where we could try to quantify it, but we'll leave experimenting for some other time."

Amadou will spray some analgesic on everybody's wounds to stave off shock, see who's worst off, use tweezers to remove embedded shards and start healing with magic. He'll do so based on the severity of their injuries, and finish with himself.
"Heh. Well I suppose if you want me to try to set that up again I could try, but I really don't know how that happened."

"Amadou, you sure you can't do some sort of signal or talk me through activating some sort of signal? I know you're our medic but I feel like we could use a couple more people here who know how to fix people to help out."

Assuming that Amadou talks him through it, Ratodx will try to signal a medical team. Otherwise he'll grab the first aid kit he has and offer the supplies inside as needed. He really does have an interest in keeping you all alive, if only so it doesn't reflect negatively on him. I mean, if he had intended to explode that to kill you all, he'd hope that it would have been a fair amount more effective with a lot less noise about it.
"No, Ratodx that won't be necessary, just sit and calm down. I'm taking care of it, and I'd rather not have everybody know that we've had casualties even before going out." Keep working.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2016, 09:14:23 pm »

Continue standing still. Moving would make it hurt more.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2016, 09:23:29 pm »

Unless otherwise state, Khaiden is nonchalantly sitting behind cover.

"Well this is not quite what I expected. Eh, no big deal, what's a few injuries to people who aren't me between friends?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2016, 10:11:15 pm »

Amadou works on removing pieces off of the elves, while it looks quite bad, the reality wasn't so much so. The cuts were shallow and the plastic didn't penetrate very deeply, honestly a normal human should be able to withstand the abuse without that much problem. It'll suck, it'll hurt, but you've seen people shrug off worse.

It's as if these elves are like, children or something.

Then a terrifying thought hit you, what if all of these elves are just children?

None of them looks to be in that bad of a shape, just superficial damages. It'll leave cool scars, though.

A couple of Medics came to see what's going on, pausing at the state of the room. Damned place looks like it's been terror-bombed, with goey stew mess all over the place and groaning, writhing wounded elves being treated by a wounded doctor whose got pieces of plastic sticking out of his back. Showing incredible pain tolerance of working through the pain.

They deemed that an Infirmary was not required and simply began help pulling pieces off of people and spraying them with biogel to seal the sounds and sooth the pain.

It all took just five minutes.

The mess, however, is definitely going to take more than five minutes..

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2016, 10:31:02 pm »

Amadou will spray some analgesic on everybody's wounds to stave off shock, see who's worst off, use tweezers to remove embedded shards and start healing with magic. He'll do so based on the severity of their injuries, and finish with himself.
((Why did you ignore my efforts, and who called the medics?))

"Khaiden, please concentrate and try to feel the flow of my life force as I try healing magic, will you? Just take the baseline as reference for when we get the... other components. Guys, gather around, let me see if we can get you all healed up."
Use magic on the one with the worst injuries to force the wounded flesh and skin to mend as they were before, and the burnt patches to heal, then the repeat with each team member in turn, leaving myself for last.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:34:50 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »

"Khaiden, please concentrate and try to feel the flow of my life force as I try healing magic, will you? Just take the baseline as reference for when we get the... other components. Guys, gather around, let me see if we can get you all healed up."
Use magic on the one with the worst injuries to force the wounded flesh and skin to mend as they were before, and the burnt patches to heal, then the repeat with each team member in turn, leaving myself for last.

Evaluate the other's condition. If they can move, bring them to the infirmary with the trike; else do first aid and call an ambulance. Do NOT leave the goblin alone.

[You did. And I already posted your efforts in dealing and healing with the members, was there something that I misunderstood?]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2016, 10:39:59 pm »

Reserti will let himself be healed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2016, 10:41:48 pm »

"Life-sense ain't a Necromancer's ability, you're thinking of Death-Sight which let's me know if someone's dead, dying, or Undead. It can also sense souls in nonliving vessels. Let me see..."

Khaiden uses Death-Sight on (Maegil's character). it uses Arcanism/Necromancy/Souls. What's my view?
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 201