Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160367 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2016, 06:45:42 pm »

"Honestly? I thought I was doing what you said to do. Take the stew stick thing out of the wrapping, put it in a bowl, put the bowl into the thing, push the stew button, it all seemed really simple. Weird that the elves got the worst of it."

"So should we try taking them directly to the healers or should the healers come to us? Not really sure I like the idea of trying to move them."

"Listen, you're worried about how this is going to sound to the boss right? Everyone's hurt, the microwave exploded, valuable man hours are being wasted right? And the boss really doesn't like that if what they've told us about Akras resembles them at all. How about you worry about making sure these fellas survive til the healers get here and I'll come up with something colorful for the boss so you don't get in trouble, alright? That's about standard fare where I'm from so it won't be a lick of trouble to it. And you're my boss right now, so if you get in trouble it'll be bad for me too, so it's in my best interest to make sure you don't get troubled about this, okay? It's the least I can do for being related to the reason for why there's a big mess right now."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 30, 2016, 07:00:11 pm »

"No! Let me handle it, do NOT make anything shiny for anyone, and... just let me handle it."

Evaluate the other's condition. If they can move, bring them to the infirmary with the trike; else do first aid and call an ambulance. Do NOT leave the goblin alone.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:09:07 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2016, 07:19:50 pm »

Why would you call an ambulance when you're inside a compound? Cars can't fit through walls. There are however paramedics on call.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2016, 07:28:34 pm »

((I was imagining the Gaia side more like a sprawling military base built on a flat concreted expanse, not apartment blocks. Also, I could heal them with magic, but after what I was told I wanted to experiment with it in a controlled situation.))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2016, 07:32:13 pm »

((It's inefficient to make something sprawling. Akras intends to turn the ground zero site into a massive megastructure after all. As it is. The site is a primarily underground compound surrounded by assorted temporary storage buildings and garages, a Gate structure, and a massive paved, clearcut area guarded by automated sentries and assorted squads.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 30, 2016, 07:40:30 pm »

Dexter stands still, trying to contain his screams of anger/pain.

I-I think. . . I could use. . . some medical attention. . .
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »

Dexter stands still, trying to contain his screams of anger/pain.

I-I think. . . I could use. . . some medical attention. . .

"I don't do that. Trust me, the amount of necromantic residue on my clothes alone would worsen you condition. Since I like you and you're not replaceable I won't put you out of your misery and take your soul. Also because medical attention will heal you. Six of one, half a dozen of another."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2016, 07:49:18 pm »

"All right, I wanted to try this in a more controlled environment where we could try to quantify it, but we'll leave experimenting for some other time."

Amadou will spray some analgesic on everybody's wounds to stave off shock, see who's worst off, use tweezers to remove embedded shards and start healing with magic. He'll do so based on the severity of their injuries, and finish with himself.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #203 on: September 30, 2016, 07:57:25 pm »

Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)
Fixed I think?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2016, 08:08:14 pm »

Fixed I think?
Aerobatics is a skill. If ya don't have points in it you don't have it. Dex can substitute for it but by no means does it replace training.

I'm not entirely sure why you'd want 8 points in bows/similar and 6 in riding without any supplementary skills like animal training, caretaking, spellbow, and so on. (Honestly I'd highly advise spellbow skills. A normal bow is shite compared to modern gear. A spellbow enhanced bow is less shite and actually competitive.)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2016, 08:14:16 pm »

Fixed I think?
Aerobatics is a skill. If ya don't have points in it you don't have it. Dex can substitute for it but by no means does it replace training.

I'm not entirely sure why you'd want 8 points in bows/similar and 6 in riding without any supplementary skills like animal training, caretaking, spellbow, and so on. (Honestly I'd highly advise spellbow skills. A normal bow is shite compared to modern gear. A spellbow enhanced bow is less shite and actually competitive.)
I... thought spellbows were a weapon which used the bow skill (muscle ranged weapons, DEX/A) and not a skill by theirself.
Is it level 3 or 4 where the skill is as easy as something in everyday life? I was going off four.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2016, 08:21:16 pm »

((He doesn't need spellbows, he wasn't a warrior, just a teenager (who'll soon get an assault rifle or better anyway). I agree on the animal skills, though, according to the backstory it's what his character actually did.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »

((Enchanted bows and enchanted arrows are both weapons which use the muscle ranged skill. Spellbow is a type of Arcanism that focuses on amplifying launched projectiles from a given weapon. Could be slings, could be bows, could be javelins, could be thrown knives, could be crossbows, really could be anything that involves a projectile being launched from the vicinity of the caster,Natural advancement paths for spellbow casters include being able to enhance bullets fired from guns and being able to enhance the projectiles of squadmates.))

((Having one level in a skill means you're decent in a given skill. Not the best. 2 means you're sufficient in the skill. You might be good, you aren't bad, think dedicated hobbiest. You're nearly professional. 3 means you're professional level. 5 means you're above average in the chosen profession. 7 means you're nearing the point that it's flat out inhuman how good you are at it. 8 and onwards you've entered supernaturally good territory. That kind of skill won't be found outside of people directly exposed to the eldritch, arcane, or flat out have it programmed into their brains as their sole savant focus (Such as cloned killteams.), are literal savants, have spent centuries on practicing it, robots, and so on. Gate Teams tend to hit  both the Eldritch and Arcane encounter qualifiers. Hence why they can do flat out inhuman things, such as Vigil's bullettime Dodge or Aria being able to fire Gauss after Gauss without significant damage to her arm and spine. Think of it as a limit that the average joe simply cannot bypass but certain keys fit the lock. And certain keys can be acquired. For a price.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2016, 08:28:02 pm »

((That changes everything. Editing sheet now, will edit into this post. I do suggest lumping animal skills into one skill, though. Someone who is trained to ride a horse knows how to care for one as a matter of course. Easier on the skillwallet, too.))
Fixed I think?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:31:57 pm by Insanegame27 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2016, 08:31:19 pm »

((Probably a good idea to lump animal training and animal care into one skill. But you can ride without knowing how to take care of an animal, so would rather keep that one separate. Will chat with Vk about it later.))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 201