Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160411 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2016, 03:09:42 pm »

Well, I guess there's no point NOT to sign. . . not like i have anywhere to go back to. . .

Dexter signs the contract with a sense of dread.

GAAHHH! IS *gurgle* THIS *choke* REALLY *cough* NECESSARY???

After that ordeal, I doubt that anything else could surprise me. . .

Dexter waited patiently in line until it was his turn.

I'm not so sure about this. . . *puts arm in hole* Gah! what are you people doing over there!?!

Once his arm is released, Dexter jerks it out as quickly as he can, examining the new tattoo one his arm.

Hmm, strange, but I suppose its too late to object. . .

Dexter examines the item.

Some kind of food containers? Humans are weird.

After receiving the items, he noticed his new teammates.

Umm. .. Hi. I'm Dexter. I guess I'm here to take down the bad guys with my magic.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

Hello, Dexter, I'm very pleased to meet you... You know, it might just be homophony, but it's incredible how your name is pronounced exactly as an Anglic Terran name. Anyway, I do hope we'll work well together.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2016, 05:05:04 pm »

Pleased to meet you Amadou. I'm sure that we'll all be better for having you out there, seeing as I certainly don't have any medical experience.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2016, 05:15:18 pm »

((Quick question: Is Foxhound ever going to interact with these plebes new-comers?))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2016, 05:33:26 pm »

((Possibly. No clue.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:57 pm »

We're a team, we should help each other. Speaking of which, do I understand correctly that elves have an innate understanding of magic? I wonder if you guys could keep an eye out to my use of magic and correct me; all I know about it was learnt from a book - and a translated book, to boot.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2016, 06:42:34 pm »

Well I don't know much about healing magic so I won't be much help. What is Terra like?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:02:04 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2016, 07:20:38 pm »

Like Melkanos, I know little about healing magics, but I'll help if I'm able.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2016, 08:01:49 pm »

Khaiden signs the document after attempting to read it. It's not like not signing it is an option. He lets the instructor know that he's seen that feeling is no good after an escaping bandit got his head turned into pink mist.

His clothing was taken for decontamination, where it was discovered that residual necromantic energy from when he strengthened it had been killing bacteria and parasites and feeding him minute amounts of life force while he wore it. It was washed and returned.

He grips the shower bar as he's sprayed and starts laughing as what goes down the drain is a reddish pink. "Sorry, that's not my blood," he giggles.

He took the vaccine nonchalantly, knowing that if it was going to harm him there was nothing he could do about it and the company had an interest in not killing him while it could still use him. It took a while to find a safe space to inject him without damaging his arm. They eventually found one near his shoulder.

The tattooing went by uneventfully other than almost getting "Cade Insane" as the name. he corrected them before it went on though. Khaiden is seriously considering killing the guy who keeps getting his name wrong, because at this point it's either incompetence or someone's messing with him. He decides to put it off until he has enough use to Akras to get away with it.

(To Amadou):

"As someone who's had to do quite a bit of traveling and seen many dead bodies I'm familiar with what happens to organic material that isn't preserved. I'm not one of those dysfunctional Elves. Thank you for your concern, but although the technology is complex, it's use is simple so it shouldn't be too much trouble to learn. Your written language might take a while depending on how many literate souls I consume.

I am a Necromancer. I use my power over death to strike down the living and eat the souls of the fallen. I expend power doing the former and gain it doing the latter. That's really about it. Oh, and don't eat my nutrient paste, it's just to keep me alive long enough to get a new body since my organs will fail within a few decades, so they gave me old products with serious long-term side-effects."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:04:00 pm by KaineFisher »
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2016, 12:50:49 am »

"Thank you, I'll appreciate any help... And, Khaiden, that soul consuming thing... You do what you must, but you'll want to keep that to yourself near Terrans; that kind of talk won't make you any friends.

How is Earth like... You see, that has two answers, but better than tell you, I'll show you something instead. And yes, our technology is everywhere, but most devices are designed to be very intuitive, even what we misname 'fool-proof'."

Amadou taps a few commands on a console while explaining what he was doing, and a wall section lights up. After a brief search through some lists, he selects a file.
"This is the Earth that lives in our souls, the one about which we like to think fondly:"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6qi393Z7L8

With a sad smile and a few more taps and finger slides, he enqueues two more video files.
"I heard that something happened to the Elven society that threw it into a communist dystopia. Unfortunately, we allowed something to happen to ours and fell under the thumb of a capitalist dystopia; the result is overpopulation, consumerism, pollution and an extreme inequality between the rich and the poor, sometimes separated only by a glass pane. This is how most people actually live:"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsBLZoIovYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJF2CRASRM
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:29:21 am by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2016, 07:10:00 am »

(( ok so before we get our first actual mission, I have a question about how casting magic works. I would just say "Dexter casts Arcsnism>Destruction>Entropy at >Enemy1<" right))

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2016, 07:24:48 am »

[No, you declare your attempt to cast a spell on what you wanted to cast it on. if it's a spell I've never seen before, then describe the desired effect so I may know how to effectively fuck it up when you rolled a critical failure. The more complicated and reality-bending spell that is, the more ways it can fuck up. A thing as simple as creating a fireball by magically-induced atomic fusion may only fizzle or blow up in your hand, but it won't, say, summons a daemon from the immaterium to try and corrupt you with psychic shotgun blasts.

It also depends on the scale, of course. An explosion of a baseball-sized fireball isn't going to be anywhere near as big as ones the size of a car that you've been cooking up for two turns. There are ways to avoid catastrophic failure of course, such as making precaution wards for your rituals or wearing a sort of magical capacitors to help soak the potential fuckery. Having at the very least a minimal of those could very well prevent an accidental nuclear explosion from a bad atomic-fusion spell gone bad. Or accidentally ripping a hole through realspace and invite a whole bunch of void beings from the outside to come and fuck absolutely everything up in the most horrible ways.

So yeah, no pressure! :)

Note: Spells and Rituals usually cost something, Rituals cost reagents, with the more complicated and powerful rituals using more reagents, this is the 'safer' way of casting spell where even beginners can do with less chance of critically fucking things up if they follow instruction correctly.

Casting an Arcane spell is a more 'traditional' way of casting, more like your usual fantasy sorcerers and wizards. This too could require reagents or a sort of power that is accepted, Akras finds life-force or souls to be an easily obtainable ones with their literal endless supplies of clones to draw from or sacrificial monkeys. Blood is also often an acceptable medium for the cost, yours or not. It's harder for your characters to keep track of how much 'magic' you have left to cast, unlike modern firearms with helpful numeric display of how many bullets are left in the magazine, so I will only be telling you when you feel if the powers are running low or if the spell is nibbling away at your very being to force reality to it's will.

Basically, when in doubt, make a bigfuck magical circle, design it to do what you want happens then sacrifice a hundred virgin clones to it and hope for the best. Akras have subdued a greater entity using literal field of sacrifical monkeys after all. Just... brute forced it to submission with monkeys upon monkeys upon screaming monkeys.

Said greater Entity have Monkeys PTSD now.

You can ask Kevak for more info about Magic and stuff, he's helped me expanded the system.

Also, Relevant. For that very special critical failure.
]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:35:36 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2016, 09:12:55 am »

((Sooo, magic drains life force, and sacrifices can be used to supply it... I think my character would be upset about sacrificing monkeys or clones, especially if he hopes to ever work with the public.
One monkey can be a powerful sacrifice then, but just how well can cockroaches work; how high is the proverbial roach vitality? Would one be enough for a minor spell? 5? 10? Will crushing a container full of roaches in a reloadable rubber stamp to stamp a sigil with their haemolymph work? 
vkiNm and Kevak, please ready some baselines, I think my character will be testing this soon IC.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:19:45 am by Maegil »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2016, 09:18:25 am »

((Considering roaches breed like nobodys buisness, they probably dont have much lifeforce. ))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2016, 09:20:46 am »

(( Just crush a lot of roaches. Quantity over quality. ))

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 201