Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160035 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #975 on: October 16, 2016, 08:10:04 pm »

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI is what I imagine us to be on the recieving end of if we're pitted against a training instructor. Also, Reserti has a distrust for Akras Authority figures after being stabbed.))
((Dexter feels exactly the same way about a certain team member. Not naming names hehe xd))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:18:43 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 16, 2016, 08:16:45 pm »

Do you know of the tactical urban warfare training sets?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We head for one of these

Danh shows Amadou how to use the MG on a mount (1XP to mounted arms).

The team breaks in groups of four, and practices movement, concealment and entries.
Once the team formations are reasonably functional, we try to do the same as a squad.

Guided by via radio by Reserti on the air, Ratodx and Vhan practice moving, avoiding detection and setting traps on an area patrolled by the other team members. They do not place actual traps, we're short on time to dismantle them.

The last hour is spent simulating the diplomatic first stage of the plan, then taking positions to assault a narrower passage to simulate the gate.

The team leaves the training centre moving to the airfield transporting as many people as possible on the trike and Reseti's eagle, to see if it can be done or if it'll require two trips.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:22:25 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 16, 2016, 08:18:40 pm »

[Just goes to show what Akras would do in the name of efficiency. No better way to learn than the real thing, after all! Plus they don't give a shit. Be grateful you did not have to learn with R&D. Dr. Vahlen will eat you up and take notes on the taste and texture of you and then run the waste she produced from eating you through a microscopic analyzer.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 16, 2016, 08:19:56 pm »

Khaiden can be used for targeted demolitions if absolutely necessary, since Entropic magic breaks down, rusts, decays, etc. what its focused on. Nothing big, but still something to think about.

Mainly he'd be launching entropic bolts into enemies or just be a backup gun.

Or his presence could be used as a threat. Soul-eating Necromancer and all. Plus 1 rank in Intimidate.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 16, 2016, 08:21:29 pm »

Khaiden can be used for targeted demolitions if absolutely necessary, since Entropic magic breaks down, rusts, decays, etc. what its focused on. Nothing big, but still something to think about.

Mainly he'd be launching entropic bolts into enemies or just be a backup gun.

Or his presence could be used as a threat. Soul-eating Necromancer and all. Plus 1 rank in Intimidate.
Same with Dexter when it comes to the Entropic bolts/backup gun.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 16, 2016, 08:22:12 pm »

Between the Trikes and eagles, you've enough space to carry everyone in one go. Ratodx could sit on Rogen's shoulders.

Now's the time you meet your VTOL pilots, they recommend that you scarf down your lunch first.

Now's also the time for the Mechanic girl to introduce herself to her new squad she's getting attached to, since nobody else knows shit about how cars work and they'll need an attached technician to keep things from breaking down all the time.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 16, 2016, 08:22:18 pm »

Dexter's an Arcanist Entropic Necromancer?
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 16, 2016, 08:31:14 pm »

Dexter's an Arcanist Entropic Necromancer?
Not a necromancer, but still uses entropic magic
Arcanism> Destruction>Entropy

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 16, 2016, 08:32:22 pm »

Now's also the time for the Mechanic girl to introduce herself to her new squad she's getting attached to, since nobody else knows shit about how cars work and they'll need an attached technician to keep things from breaking down all the time.

"Uh... Hello, I'm Amadou Niassé, the current team leader.

Are you going to deploy with the squad? There might be a problem with that unless you can get us another vehicle.
There's a part of the plan where we might have to silently approach the village; it's a bit far so we tested if we could carry everybody at once. As it was, one of the smaller members had to go on the Orc's shoulders, there's no way we could take another person."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:34:26 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 16, 2016, 08:55:03 pm »

Vhan works on traps for the mission and practices with Ratodx on sneaking. Vhan also spends some time practicing with a pistol at the range and hopes to later use it for future missions.

"Hello I'm Vhan the team trapper. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Also Amadou I could sit on someone's shoulders too."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:13:07 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 16, 2016, 08:59:07 pm »

"You could, but you're much smaller than her; do you think she'd fit in the space you occupy?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:06 pm »

If it comes down to it, and we really need the space, you could just strap me to the top/bottom of the vehicle if need be.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 16, 2016, 09:05:40 pm »

"I'm sure she'll be able to. Only one way to find out tho."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 16, 2016, 09:05:55 pm »

Reviewing Helmet Instructions and cross-referencing the text as it appears in hemlet with the Terran Language primer.

Studying the language primer and even more Terran Science, expanding beyond electricity, first focusing on the Electromagnetic Spectrum, Light, and Lasers. Especially Lasers.

All the things Amadou said plus practice with using VisSpec Light Magic to make Vhan more stealthy and the both of them more stealthy at once.

"Solution. Have an elf sit on Regon's shoulders, Vhan on an elf's shoulders, and me on Danh's shoulders, assuming that you're driving."

"Pleasure to meetcha." Ratodx holds off from more as to hopefully help their new squadie from being overwhelmed in greetings.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 16, 2016, 09:08:56 pm »

((Bleh forgot we were supposed to montage our characters))
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 201