Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160130 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #735 on: October 12, 2016, 02:13:18 pm »

Ugh. TV guy again. A lot of these people. Creepy.
Danh opens his mouth, about to ask Vhan's question. Looking at the kobold briefly, he closes his mouth, and looks back at the corner of the TV.
Kobold seemed to already know one of the more important questions. Then again, he was a gate vet.

[There's no TV guy, just a lawyer-looking guy who's actually standing there in the room with you.]
((brb killing self and editing previous message))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 12, 2016, 02:15:11 pm »

Khaiden tries to remember what he knows about Vampires (skill check, does he get a bonus on Undead-related checks for being a Necromancer?)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 12, 2016, 02:21:49 pm »

Ratodx will try to remember if he knows what a vampire is.

"What are we authorized to offer in exchange for cooperation? For the vampire and for the village. Are there any specific assets that are wanted from the village?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 12, 2016, 02:25:24 pm »

"What are we authorized to offer in exchange for cooperation? For the vampire and for the village. Are there any specific assets that are wanted from the village?"

"Them not getting terribly murdered."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 12, 2016, 02:26:35 pm »

((He gets a bonus on certain types of undead yes. Rolling..))

Khaiden recalls that Natural Vampires fall under the category of Willful Undead. Aka the Undead that never actually stop when their mortal life ends. However having never actually spent time studying Vampires or Undead in general, he doesn't know too much. In theory, becoming a Vampire is something a necromancer could do if they die in a state of extreme emotion, although they could just as easily end up a Thinking Zombie or Wight. He does know that vampires are rumored to have some rather strange compulsions and neurosises, although the 'Why?' eludes him. Vampires are rumored to burn when exposed to the light of day.

Ratodx recalls that vampires are a form of Undead. They tend to have a fixation with blood, usually that of their parent species. A goblin vampire will prioritize goblins for example. He knows they are said to burn in the sun, and he recalls one goblin bard telling a story about the 'Vampire who Couldn't Count' Which involved a vampire who didn't know how to count having a very unpleasant time when a barrel of tomatoes turned on its side.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #740 on: October 12, 2016, 02:28:21 pm »

"Sir, are there any stationary ranged defense systems in the village? I'm speaking of ballistae and catapults."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 12, 2016, 02:30:37 pm »

"The relevant details about Gaian Vampires I can recall are rumors they sometimes have strange compulsions and neurosises and sunlight will burn them like fire. I've seen the artificial daylight Akras has created, would that work on them you think?"
"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 12, 2016, 02:33:03 pm »

Ratodx nods and replies somewhat dryly. "Seems like a fair enough trade. Any specifics we should tell them about how life in Akras employment will work?"

"Anyone know anything about vampires off hand? I know that they like blood, usually of their original species, that sunlight burns them, and that counting is apparently relevant to them somehow, assuming the bards are to be believed."

"The relevant details about Gaian Vampires I can recall are rumors they sometimes have strange compulsions and neurosises and sunlight will burn them like fire. I've seen the artificial daylight Akras has created, would that work on them you think?"

"I can make light, though whether or not that counts as sunlight is another question."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 12, 2016, 02:37:29 pm »

"I'll want a backup Sat comm in case something happens to my helmet - or to me. I'll train some of my team members on its operation. Two flying droids, a heavy weapon - say a 12.7 MG with 500 API and 500 SLAP to deal with that palisade and instil some proper fear of technology in the locals, and a flame thrower would also be of help to the mission. Strong shackles and a cage would also be useful if we manage to capture the target alive."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:44:05 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 12, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »

"Weapons that generate fire? This job just gets better and better."

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 12, 2016, 02:43:29 pm »

Vhan shudders a bit at the thought of the flamethrower
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 12, 2016, 02:45:31 pm »

((edited above))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 12, 2016, 02:47:36 pm »

"I can make some basic net traps and try to sneak in and trap the village if we can't get a cage and at best it'll pacify a few of the villagers."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 12, 2016, 02:48:34 pm »

Ratodx nods and replies somewhat dryly. "Seems like a fair enough trade. Any specifics we should tell them about how life in Akras employment will work?"

"Anyone know anything about vampires off hand? I know that they like blood, usually of their original species, that sunlight burns them, and that counting is apparently relevant to them somehow, assuming the bards are to be believed."

"I can make light, though whether or not that counts as sunlight is another question."

((Fleshing this out a tad further cause VK has work and wants me to flesh it out.))
"In addition to them not getting shot dead, offers of of receiving the same amenities the rest of you do are applicable. Running warm water. Medicine capable of curing anything short of death. Applicable, functionally infinite food of both mundane types and blood. In the event of Magi, souls and other power sources are applicable offers. Modern infrastructure, and so on. Do keep in mind that if they're too much of a problem, terminating resistance and pacifying the remainder for labor is the recommended option."

"I'll want a backup Sat comm in case something happens to my helmet - or to me. I'll train some of my team members on its operation. Two flying droids, a heavy weapon - say a 12.7 MG with 500 API and 500 SLAP to deal with that palisade and instil some proper fear of technology in the locals, and a flame thrower would also be of help to the mission."
"As previously stated. You are permitted to land directly on top of the village or approach on foot. The assorted explosives your squad is armed with Are absolutely more than enough to deal with the palisade. You should not require additional weaponry or drones. Should the squad pool their remaining funds you should be capable of purchasing an unarmed airborn scout drone should you desire such. An additional Sat Comm unit is acceptable and will be provided however."

"Weapons that generate fire? This job just gets better and better."
"Specifically flamethrowers shoot a somewhat toxic, flaming, sticky, gel like substance. Extraordinarily hard to put out, and due to sticking to clothes and skin, contact is often lethal over the course of seconds to minutes."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 12, 2016, 02:49:20 pm »

"Since the Vampire is Undead, I'd advise making the cage air-tight since oxygen won't be necessary. It will also prevent possible contamination or if the myths about Vampire's turning into mist are true."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 201