Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160205 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #630 on: October 11, 2016, 12:49:15 pm »

I believe Khaiden have observed monkeys being used, comparing to the magic power gained from a single monkey and then from a single roach, using some computing mathematics and the results is quite simple.

You need roughly 3 times the mass of a monkey in roaches to get the same amount of magical energy that you get from said monkey.

A single monkey weighs roughly around 10kg, so in order to substitute a single monkey sacrifice, you'll need to crush 30kg worth of roaches.

2 monkeys will require 60kg worth of roaches and so on.

That means that ritual that exorcised Ratodx that cost 8 monkeys would require 240kg of roaches to be crushed.

Now I don't know about you, but I think 240kg worth of crushed cockroaches are at least as bad if not worse than 8 dead monkeys.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 11, 2016, 12:56:55 pm »

Khaiden will attempt to folllow her instructions.

"Might as well learn to keep people alive."
My how the tables have turned

Follow the doctors instructions

Seeing that there are plenty of willing hands, Ratodx acts in assistance, being the one to retrieve and open the first aid box and handing the requested materials out on command. He makes sure only one autoinjector is used as Reserti dying would probably be a fail condition. Also because he's a squad member.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 11, 2016, 01:09:06 pm »

The husky man frowns a bit, saying, "One person using magic within a mile radius of me makes me anxious, no offense, and I'm not sure how I feel about the entirety of my squad being magic-ers. And none of them know firearms? Yikes..." Still frowning, he brings the small white cup to his lips, and takes a gulp, the black liquid having cooled down enough.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 11, 2016, 01:27:09 pm »

Khaiden speaks without looking up:

"I can't speak for the rest of them, but I learn quickly. And I'd advise you to get used to magic, because it's going to be useful long-term and you'll want to be too."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 11, 2016, 01:33:05 pm »

((Khaiden is on the infirmary, we're at the barracks.))

"I use magic to help others, so you can see that magic isn't necessarily a bad thing... or would you refuse it even if you had taken a bullet to the spine or were bleeding your liver off?

Right, Khaiden can be unnerving when he starts talking about eating souls, but he won't do it to a team member, and he might yet save us all with a horde of zombie allies.
Look, if you'd rather transfer out I can understand and will sign your papers, but if you stay you will hold back disparaging comments - and above all, you're not to freak out and shoot one of us."
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 11, 2016, 01:46:02 pm »

He considers taking that paper, and signing away, especially near this Khaiden guy. Fucking soul eating? No thanks. But...ergh...debts suck.
Sighing, he says, "Alright, boss. I'll keep my mouth shut about that kinda stuff.
This was gonna be a hard group for him to work with...

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 11, 2016, 02:06:21 pm »

"Look at the bright side of it - at least you have something to teach them all: weapons. As I said, magic is tiring, and if we overdo it we can even pass out, but if you can get the others to develop some marksmanship we can get the best of both worlds. I'll be counting on you for that, Danh."
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2016, 02:11:32 pm »

"I've been meaning to learn how to use a pistol and would appreciate the help Danh. It'll make scouting and trapping a bit safer for me."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 11, 2016, 02:20:28 pm »

Heavy Weapons, explosive ordinance, and now, teaching.
Not how he thought this would start out, but you gotta play what you get dealt.
Nodding, he finishes off the coffee, and tosses it in the garbage can/shoot/whatever you put garbage in.
"Guess you're right there, boss. Yeah, anything the instructors don't teach them, I can help with."
Maybe it wouldn't be that bad.
Still don't trust that Khaiden guy, though.
Soul.
Eater.
Erugh.
He moves towards his bunk, and sits in the end of it, reaching down to open up his footlocker, and removing a rather small laptop. Opening it up, he begins to log in.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 11, 2016, 02:39:33 pm »

Vhan grabs another food bar and water before hopping onto their bunk. Vhan pulls out the trap toolkit and starts tinkering with a small scale trap.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:56:23 am by Kuma »
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 11, 2016, 02:42:59 pm »

(OOC)

What's happening with Khaiden and the rest of the new squad?
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 11, 2016, 02:51:14 pm »

(OOC)

What's happening with Khaiden and the rest of the new squad?

Waiting for Insane to post his reaction to being stabbed and is dying and to his squad trying to save him via first aid.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #642 on: October 11, 2016, 03:58:53 pm »

((Sorry, was asleep XD))
The doctor smiles warmly, nods and got up from her chair.

Walking over to Reserti, the smaller human hook her left leg behind his feet.. There was a moment of confusion before Dr. Zhang Flick her arm, revealing a knife hidden underneath her long sleeve in which she jams it hard between his ribcage just under his right breast, the force of the stab along with her leg hooked behind his feet was more than enough to trip him as he was shoved back by the force, causing him to land hard on his back as blood literally bursts out from the wound, spraying the Doctor's white coat in gruesome red.

[Sneak attack!]
[Bleeding!]
[Collapsed lung!]
[Prone!]
[OH GOD THE PAIN!]

The doctor calmly places the knife back on the table as Reserti could taste blood filling up in his throat, it's pushing up his mouth as he could feel himself struggling against Death, you've just had a fucking metal piece jammed in you, that shit's not pleasant. For all you know, you're dying. No elf who gets hurt this bad should be able to live through unless there's some seriously good healer mage.

"Now, your Squad mate is injured, he's got maybe one, three minutes at most to live before he either suffocate on his own blood or bleeds out. It is likely that he's suffering from a collapsed lung as well as that's where the wound is at, but with it be between his ribs, there shouldn't be any bone fractures in the way. His spine may have cracked had he landed on something, but otherwise the only problem right now is his bleeding wound." She explained calmly, pointing out the wound on the bleeding, dying elf.

"The first aid kits you're given is easy to use. Inside, you'll find a white tube with red grip, that is an autoinjector. You stab the needle into his chest, right between his breasts or into his neck and it'll save him from going into shock which in itself could lead to brain damage. Then there's a biogel spray, you tear open the cloth around his wound and spray as much of that thing onto it as possible until the wound closes, it's a wonderful micoscopic bioform that significantly accelerates the regenerations of tissue, made from Gaian plants we found to have a slight trait in that, we just made it better."

once explained on what does what, she nods. "Go ahead and try saving your friend now, usually you leave this job for someone who knows what they're doing, but in an emergency like this, everyone's help is welcomed. Do NOT stab him with more than one autoinjector, though. That'll kill him."
Reserti's eyes widened as he felt the knife go in him and he opened his mouth to scream as he was tripped over and landed hard. It hurt, oh dear god it hurt. Worse than the microwave, worse than the elevator; he could die from this wound. Even on the ground, he tried to scream, but all that escaped his lips was a gurgle as his lungs filled with blood. Oh god the pain! it lanced through him as easily as the knife had. He hacked up blood just before the autoinjector got him. Dear god make it stop!
((Note to self - never ever volunteer again. I saw something like this coming, and I volunteered Reserti anyway because I just wanted the game to continue))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 11, 2016, 04:03:09 pm »

Tapping away, Danh was actually typing out an email to his good friend in Hanoi, Bao. They worked security detail in Akras for nine years until Danh transferred to the US for the gate program.

Bao!
Hey, decided I'd email you, to A; brag about how much better the coffee is here than the dirt we got in Hanoi, and B; I'm not dead! Given, I haven't started a mission yet. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it. Well, I wouldn't be regardless, with the death rates. Everyone else in this squad is a wizard or aomething like that. One of them eats souls. And just about none of them know how to shoot. Which means that I have to teach them, and I'll have to carry all the advanced ordinance. Until they learn, at least. The boss is alright enough, think he does more healing magic, you know, the kind that won't grow legs and try to bite your thumb off. Other than being all that, it's good here. Be safe out there.
                                   -Danh

Hitting send, he opens up a new tab, and begins to browse Akras's employee catalog. Particularly the heavy weapons and explosive ordinance. He'd love to use any of these. Maybe he'd get enough to buy one after a mission or two.
Or start paying off debts.
Whatever, he'd cross that bridge when he came to it.
Pushing the thoughts of owing credits out of his mind, he focused on the catalog instead.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 11, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »

With the whole team working, Reserti was saved. His wound closing before their eyes like magic and after coughing out some blood, the Elf is fine again if a little paler.

Dr. Zhang nods. "Good work, I'd show you how to use the splint but that involves breaking someone's arm. Pack the box and go, we're done here."

Then ushered to testing time.

It's lunch time!

The testing facility seems to be a cut-out of a room similar to yours, with the walls made entirely of glass. Three judges sits on the table outside. One reads a paper "Auxiliary attachment of team forty seven. These are your tests.. cook and consume an instant stew bar, properly dispose of litter, display understanding of showers and brewing a cup of coffee. You may begin."

they started a timer, the three judges stares at you all intently.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 201